The Dark Knight The Batcave and Wayne Manor

Retroman said:
There was a fire near the building they used as Wayne Manor for the 60's show however it was not damaged as was first reported. Mentmore Towers (where they shot Begins) is still very much intact.:)

robert_stainforth.jpg
Damn, that's a great Mansion. Would be great to live there.:eek:

whatever modifications are done, it has to be realistic, meaning that a 70 year old buttler and rich playboy could realisticaly install

JokerNick said:
whatever modifications are done, it has to be realistic, meaning that a 70 year old buttler and rich playboy could realisticaly install

Not neccessarily, it is possible that Bruce with all his money, could hire workers and have them either a) blindfolded to maintain his privacy or b) have them driven in in a truck with no windows as to hide the location. For the right amount of money, he could probably pay a number of guys to work without question without revealing the precise use for the work being done.

^^^ none of this actually needs to be shown in the film in my opinion, just a possibility that it could be done.

I'd like to see some more stuff in the cave, make it a little more high tech. At least get some concrete floors here and there. Not as advanced as the cave is in the comics nowadays, just some upgrades from Begins...

LostSon88 said:
But didn't the real mansion actually burn down? I could've sworn I read an article about the estate actually catching fire in a life imitating art moment.
Pinewood studios, where they filmed the interiors of Wayne Manor for the first Burton movie, burned down recently (or at least part of it), maybe that's what you're thinking of?

AllThingsComic said:
Not neccessarily, it is possible that Bruce with all his money, could hire workers and have them either a) blindfolded to maintain his privacy or b) have them driven in in a truck with no windows as to hide the location. For the right amount of money, he could probably pay a number of guys to work without question without revealing the precise use for the work being done.
Immigrant workers who don't speak English! :p He could pick them up at the Mexican border and drop them back off when the job is done...

Riven said:
I'd like to see some more stuff in the cave, make it a little more high tech. At least get some concrete floors here and there. Not as advanced as the cave is in the comics nowadays, just some upgrades from Begins...

Pinewood studios, where they filmed the interiors of Wayne Manor for the first Burton movie, burned down recently (or at least part of it), maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Immigrant workers who don't speak English! :p [/qoute]

He could pick them up at the Mexican border and drop them back off when the job is done...

That's awesome, he could use the bridge jumper to hop the fence!!lolol

I swear to God, I hope that they don't go all balls out crazy with the cave. I mean, if they add giant computers (what's the ****ing point? Computers can be compact and use as useful) or metallic grates with high rises all over the place. I think the practicality.......the grittiness needs to remain.

I always liked the idea of how Bruce Wayne is the facade and Batman is the real person, its the same as wayne manor and the batcave, so I'd like to see a gym, forensics lab,some souvenirs from his crime fighting, nothing over the top but made to look like he spends most of his time in the cave. And the Manor is almost like a tribute to his parents.

Retroman said:
Nice:up:
I hope we get to see Bruce utilize the underground railroad that leads to the cave in the sequel.Perhaps he'll transport stuff down there or he could use it as make-shift lauch pad for a plane or boat?

The "Underground Railroad" Alfred references is not a real railroad.

The Batman said:
Cave will be bigger. Manor the same.

"I'm gonna rebuild it the way it was....brick by brick"

i remember him saying this, but i know what a house looks like burned down to the ground and rebuilt brick by brick, as much as the owner wants it to look like it did before there were noticable changes, mostly on the quality of materials (latest ones look better).

what was the last word on this, are they going to be using the same location?

Retroman said:
There was a fire near the building they used as Wayne Manor for the 60's show however it was not damaged as was first reported. Mentmore Towers (where they shot Begins) is still very much intact.:)

robert_stainforth.jpg

Ah, thanks for the clarification. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"