The Batplane/Batwing in the Dark Knight???

ron bond 007

Civilian
Reaction score
I have always loved the Batmobile in the Batman comics,cartoons and movies and the TV series but I have always loved the Batplane or the Batwing as it was called in the first Batman movie. I wonder if we'll see it in The Dark Knight. According to the Batman Utimate Guide the recent Batplane had a top speed of 4400 m.p.h. and an altitude of 60,000 ft. It would be see the current Batplane in The Dark Knight. And I don't think it would make Batman campy. He would have his dark edge and with cutting edge techology and vehicles.

Batman used the Batwing aginst the Joker's balloons filled with toxic gasses but was shot down by the Joker's long gun. I wonder if we'll see a similar conflict in the Dark Knight. If the Batplane is in The Dark Knight I hope it looks a lot better than the new Batmobile . I prefered the one from the first Batman movie and the TV series,cartoons and comics better.

:woot: :word:

I doubt there will be a Batwing.
Realism is key to Nolan's Batman movies, so we definitely won't see any flying balloons again.

Sorry buddy. :csad:

the new batmobile was fricking awesome. Especially the way it moved through those chase scenes.

Probably won't see a batwing, but if they do, I hope they stick to the realism and not make the plane shaped like a bat symbol. That would definitely be stupid.

At most, we'd see a more advanced batsuit, the same or better batmobile, and maybe a more developed batcave.

...the Bat-Computer, a cool Batcave, and a scene with him doing detective work on the computer would be great, as well.

Word. He needs the Bat Computer to work the hard stuff.

I think a scene with a military jet may be interesting, painted black of course, but I do think BB was spot on with not using a bat-shaped sports car, or some odd random concept car... very happy...

As for the computer, I think we all know that computers don't solve crimes on their own... check with a forsenic scientist... no computer can interpret data... not on it's own.

I'd much rather see batman have a helicopter than a batplane. A helicopter can be used to travel within the city, a plane really can't. That being said, I don't think he should have any kind of flying vehicle.

Seeing the bat-plane/bat-wing would be cool (if done right), but I'm not holding my breath.

Shouldn't this be in the Dark Knight forum?

screw it a stealth bomber would be fine

Dr. Fate said:
Seeing the bat-plane/bat-wing would be cool (if done right), but I'm not holding my breath.

Theoretically, EVERYTHING would be cool if done right.

yeah, the stealth bomber and it also looks like something that would work as a batplane, based on the realiism route that Batman Begins took. The only thing I see as a problem is that is lacks originality since people are already familiar with a stealth plane.

If they were ever gonna give him a flying vehicle, it will most likely be a "Bat-copter". Maybe they can intoduce a jet plane, but I don't see that happening anytime soon and it depends on the route they plan on taking the franchise to.

Actually the Tumbler/Batmobile was bat shaped. Not Bat-Symbol shaped but more shaped like a real bat. Though you couldn't really tell unless someone showed you. I saw a pic of the tumbler where the designer had drawn over the tumbler with a green line and it kind of resembles the batmobile from Batman Holy Terror.

Could be done, if done right to fit with the 'universe'.... don't expect Batman '89 for the look of the Batplane... but, a sleek stealth plane or stealth bomber. Now that's possible. Some type of military jet perhaps. Would also require a reason for Bruce to need to aquire one- and not make it come off as campy. But, if Bruce ever wanted an aerial vehicle- he's Bruce Wayne he could get one in a second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"