The Best Man (2) Holiday

ThePowerCosmic

Hyped Up
Reaction score
After nearly 15 years apart, Taye Diggs (television’s Private Practice), Nia Long (Big Momma’s House), Morris Chestnut (Kick-Ass 2), Harold Perrineau (Zero Dark Thirty), Terrence Howard (Hustle & Flow), Sanaa Lathan (Contagion), Monica Calhoun (Love & Basketball), Melissa De Sousa (Miss Congeniality) and Regina Hall (Scary Movie franchise) reprise their career-launching roles in the next chapter to the film that ushered in a new era of comedy. When the college friends finally reunite over the Christmas holidays, they will discover just how easy it is for long-forgotten rivalries and romances to be ignited.
best+man1.jpeg

The Best Man Holiday is slated for a November 15, 2013 release.

We told you last year that Universal planned to make a sequel to its 1999 wedding-themed comedy The Best Man. Now the studio has a date for the untitled follow-up: November 15, 2013. Malcolm D. Lee, who wrote and directed the original, returns as writer-director, and he will also produce with newly added Sean Daniel, whose credits include The Mummy pics and the upcoming reboot. The first Best Man was about a writer (Taye Diggs) who is preparing to be the best man for his football player buddy (Morris Chestnut), but the timing is bad because the writer’s autobiographical novel is about to pop and it describes how the best man bedded the bride. Terrence Howard, Harold Perrineau, Nia Long and Sanaa Lathan also starred. It grossed $35 million.
For those unfamiliar with the first movie, here's the plot.

Harper's autobiographical novel is almost out, his girlfriend Robin desires commitment, and he's best man at the wedding of Lance, a pro athlete. He goes to New York early (Robin will come for the wedding) to hang out with Lance and other friends, including Jordan, his former almost-lover, now in media and privy to an advance copy of the book. The men discuss women, never facing their own double standard; Jordan wants to try again with Harper, at least for one night; and Harper fears that Lance will read his book and learn that the bride-to-be slept with him once to avenge Lance's many affairs. Can Harper mature before Lance kills him, Jordan seduces him, and he loses Robin?

I have to say that this one surprised me. Loved the first movie but I wasn't expecting a sequel, and I'm usually up on my movie news(ones I care about) so I don't know how this one got past me.

Trailer

[YT]uh5lAV0uU0U[/YT]

It's good to see everyone back.

I see that it's Eddie Cibrian's turn to play the White Guy in a largely Black movie.

Everyone still looks good.

Whoa, this sequel came completely out of left field. But don't get me wrong, I like the original.

I was just in this movie the other night lol. I can't say anything other than the football scenes were shot in the Bills stadium, the crew seems great, Terence Howard seems like an awesome guy always cracking up and telling jokes to background actors to rile us up. Everyone in the film seemed to be having a good time. And it was painful wearing snow gear in the summer lol. But, it was an interesting experience.

Last edited:
Wasn't expecting this. Saw a commercial yesterday. Looks pretty good :D

I'd be willing to give and receive too.

I'm kinda hoping given Diggs' musical background he'd bust out a Carlton...

[YT]8mXKm4EkAuo[/YT]
It's been years and those women are still fine as hell.

Diggs could pull it off too. He'd nail the corny thing that Carlton pulls off. That white guy impression was too damn much. :funny:

It's been years and those women are still fine as hell.

Diggs could pull it off too. He'd nail the corny thing that Carlton pulls off. That white guy impression was too damn much. :funny:

Agreed. :up:

Seriously. His impression had me cracking up.

Agreed. :up:

Seriously. His impression had me cracking up.

Nothing to do with the movie, but I just googled Shazoogle because I was wondering what it meant and this came up. I must say that's pretty damn funny because I thought it was something random you came up with. :lmao:

cap07.jpg

Damn I had to be like 9 when the first one came out lol.

Official Trailer 1

[YT]k6iNiJivOOQ[/YT]

Looks really good. A lot of secrets look like they're being kept... If they're as good as they were in the first one, I'm excited. I like how they're hanging out with the white guy and joking around with him. Didn't expect that. Shelby's really trying to get back with Murch and that should be funny to watch.

Last edited:
Agreed, this looks good.

The second top comment for that video had me cracking up.

Here's the cast on the cover of Ebony magazine. Sanaa is wearing the hell outta that dress. Lawd have mercy...I mean DAYUM!

ypbDynK.gif

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

TPC, are you into Tyler Perry flicks? :o

He has a few movies that I like enough to watch, but he's hit-and-miss for me.

Sanaa looks....whoa!

Thank you! I'm just drooling over here...she's always been sexy but she turned up her sexiness x1000 for this cover. When I saw her I was like

88U0w.gif
!!!

And then look at Nia, Monica and Regina! Someone else can have Melissa lol. Not my type.

Last edited:
Haha, TPC is into Tyler Perry and black flicks! :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"