Sequels The Cheetah Thread

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
Though it hasn't been determined there is a good chance she'll be present in a sequel if they get to that point. How should she be portrayed, and by whom?

coOtmhn.jpg

Natalie Dormer.

Charlize Theron or Halle Berry

Wouldn't have thought of Theron but yeah I could see that! I don't think Berry would come within a million miles of another DC cat-related character! :funny:

Naomie Harris, she's a phenomenal actress and she's British

Natalie Dormer, as Barbara Minerva were-cheetah version.

Excuse me, being a pretty great actress certainly qualifies her to play Cheetah over the likes of Charlize Theron who's neither british nor a good actress, lol.

Barbara Minerva version would be the best to go with since her archaeological background would go well with WW, especially with Diana having become a antiques dealer.

Charlize would perfect for Minerva. They should also go with her Rebirth look
13712780_509827222551560_1600179433_n.jpg

I do like her motivation New 52 with it being an ancient Amazon artifact that changes her and basically possesses her.

^ so like Enchantress (at least in Suicide Squad)?

Excuse me, being a pretty great actress certainly qualifies her to play Cheetah over the likes of Charlize Theron who's neither british nor a good actress, lol.

Fury Road and Monster say "Hello... You know nothing of my work." :oldrazz:

If I had to I think a mix of Priscilla Rich and Minerva. I think a pinch of the JUSTICE version as well, with the butchered cheetah skin costume. The were-cheetah thing is probably a must so that WW and she can have a physical conflict. I think the idea of Minerva being an expert in ancient history that originally befriends Diana might be a good track to take. On the other hand... There's a lot of that in these kind of films too. With a Diana new to the outside world that might have been a better fit. But as far as we know this Diana has been around since WWI so she's not as believable in having the wool pulled over her eyes or being quite as deeply hurt by a friend's betrayal, at last for me.

If I had to I think a mix of Priscilla Rich and Minerva. I think a pinch of the JUSTICE version as well, with the butchered cheetah skin costume. The were-cheetah thing is probably a must so that WW and she can have a physical conflict. I think the idea of Minerva being an expert in ancient history that originally befriends Diana might be a good track to take. On the other hand... There's a lot of that in these kind of films too. With a Diana new to the outside world that might have been a better fit. But as far as we know this Diana has been around since WWI so she's not as believable in having the wool pulled over her eyes or being quite as deeply hurt by a friend's betrayal, at last for me.

I'd have her origin tied to Circe who we know likes to turn people into animals. I love cheetah but see her as secondary to puppet master Circe. At least that was how a spec script I wrote for fun years ago did it.

Also, Eva Mendes for Barbara Minerva

Last edited:
Taraji P Jensen!

Oh I love that Eva Mendez idea though

Barbara Minerva version, played by Charlize Theron, Eva Green, Rachel Weisz, Kate Winslet or Rosamund Pike.

If they go with the Rebirth direction, this wouldn't be as much of a problem. It kept the fact that they were friends from the New 52, but while it's implied that Barbara has done some shady things, she's overall not a bad person. She's more of a tragic character who got cursed because she didn't heed Diana's warnings about messing with Gods, and was driven insane as a result. Since Gal is open to the idea, I think it'd be awesome if they were a couple before things go south.

They'd probably try to keep it close to the comics and have her be Urzkartaga's bride, but I think it'd be cool if she ended up cursed by Dionysus instead. He's definitely not a member of Diana's pantheon that one should treat lightly. Or an Egyptian goddess like Bast or Mafdet.

8589130481008-milla-jovovich-wallpaper-hd.jpg

Milla Jovovich

The Queen of Kick-butt, Milla Jovovich. She wanted to play Chetara in the now defunt Thundercats project.

I hear tell on Twitter people are talking about Priyanka.

No to Halle Berry as Cheetah.

For Priscilla Rich, maybe Charlize Theron.

For Barbara Minerva: Sofia Boutella.

If they go the were-cheetah route (which they should), please get Weta to do the special effects. Cheetah is going to need photo-realistic quality.

Patty Jenkins has referred to the George Perez run as her most significant inspiration for handling Diana, so I expect that if we see the Cheetah, it will likely be much akin to Perez's version.

As noted by posters above, an evil Lara Croft-type character is plausibly somebody that Diana the antiquarian would have conflicting interests with.

I really love the Cheetah that has appeared in Rucka's current run. The idea of a fallen Amazon would be wonderful. I've gone off the idea of Taraji as Cheetah though. Not because she's wrong for the part but because I think it would say the wrong thing about third wave feminism.

Actually they should get Roxane Gay in for a writing credit on this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"