Rate the 1st trailer of WONDER WOMAN 1984!

Reaction score
7. It would have been a solid 8 or 9, if only they let the Cheetah out of the bag. I was waiting for the trailer to show what would the Cheetah drag in but all I got is Kristen Wiig falling in love too many times (which maybe her plotline in this?), but there was nothing in her Cheetah form, not even a tease. So I was kinda disappointed with that. However Wonder Woman looks fierce as I expected and I liked the background music. So yeah a solid 7. Would have been a solid 8.4 if they only unleashed the cheetah queen.

8/10 Good with some great moments but also a lot obviously kept under wraps.

I gave it a 7. Loved the lightning lasso, the 80s setting and the Kingdom Come armor. But Cheetah was AWOL and I'm iffy on Steve's comeback.

9/10. It didn’t show too much but succeeded in building the hype and transmitting a great vibe. A very dope music theme.

Whatever cons I have it has nothing to do with the trailer as to the film as a whole (being in the back end of the 80s exploitation wagon, the resurection of Steve via magic -I suppose- and some consistency problems with BvS that we’ll see are solved).

Anyway, great, great trailer.

9/10. It didn’t show too much but succeeded in building the hype and transmitting a great vibe. A very dope music theme.

Whatever cons I have it has nothing to do with the trailer as to the film as a whole (being in the back end of the 80s exploitation wagon, the resurection of Steve via magic -I suppose- and some consistency problems with BvS that we’ll see are solved).

Anyway, great, great trailer.

Very much on the same page. It didn't give away too much - particularly Cheetah , so that's a big bonus. Just enough to see that WW is kicking ass and being generally awesome while doing it.

Really looking forward to this film- hope some other DC heroes at least get a cameo or shout out.

I've been so stoked for WW84 and I was hoping to see something that really got my blood pumping, but this didn't. Gal Gadot looks great of course, and I like Chris Pine so I'm intrigued to see what's going on with Steve Trevor. The music was cool, and it was great to see the Kingdom Come armour, but none of what actually happened in the trailer grabbed me. I get that they're keeping stuff like Cheetah and some action under wraps (at least for now) but I found what they did show pretty underwhelming tbh. Still, it won't diminish my enthusiasm for the film, and hopefully the next trailer will be great.

7/10

8/10 - I think it did a pretty admirable job of getting people interested and kept in the dark what should've been kept in the dark.

All CBM fans know there are usually 2-3 trailers before a movie's release so I don't understand complaints about Cheetah not being revealed when it's common sense they wouldn't do that in the first trailer. They'll probably do it in the second or the last, and then I'm sure like with Doomsday and BvS everyone will complain that the reveal was unnecessary and took something away from the film.

Hopefully when they do reveal her it isn't a full reveal, maybe partial or just her face - they should leave something novel for the movie to do.

9/10.

First time I have given 9/10 for any movie.

All CBM fans know there are usually 2-3 trailers before a movie's release so I don't understand complaints about Cheetah not being revealed when it's common sense they wouldn't do that in the first trailer. They'll probably do it in the second or the last, and then I'm sure like with Doomsday and BvS everyone will complain that the reveal was unnecessary and took something away from the film.
:funny:

Hopefully when they do reveal her it isn't a full reveal, maybe partial or just her face - they should leave something novel for the movie to do.
Yes, her face partially in shadow would be good.

I go with a 9, though I voted 8.4 because that's the perfect score in this case. Set to Blue Monday, the brighter color palette, the invisible jet, Pedro, the slow build in the marketing for Cheetah so far, and Gal just continues to look iconic in the role. It cold change come June but thus far I've been dead wrong about Gal.

8.4. And mainly because I rarely give a 9 or 10 unless my jaw drops. Loved the trailer though!

7/10
Still waiting for a WW trailer to top the 2016 SDCC trailer. Which is crazy considering that trailer came out 2 months after they were done filming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"