The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Connection Between the Chamber of 6, Fedora Guy and The Vulture/Doc Ock Harnesses

That makes sense.

Electro: You want to know what I can do, Doc? Well so do I. *unleashes massive amounts of energy*

Harry: *on the ground, gets back up after being wounded* Let's help eachother out here. Help me catch Spider-man and I promise you'll never be invisible again.

Electro: Let's go catch a Spider

Very rough, but I could see it working out in a similar way.

This will be better with some "blah"s.

Electro: You want to know what I can do, Doc? Well so do I. *unleashes massive amounts of energy*

Blah blah blah...

Harry: *on the ground, gets back up after being wounded* Let's help eachother out here. Help me catch Spider-man and I promise you'll never be invisible again.

Blah blah blah, negotiations, blah blah...

This will be better with some "blah"s.

Blah blah blah...

Blah blah blah, negotiations, blah blah...

LOL! That solves that problem, I guess.

LOL! That solves that problem, I guess.
keep-calm-and-blah-blah-blah-6.png

Alright, let's try this differently...

When Harry (and it is Harry) asks the question...

"What is all of this?"

And he get the response from somone (not his father) of...

"The future"

What do you think they are talking about?

Do you agree that it might make sense that this future stuff is all of these really cool things in these hidden chambers, including Doc Ock's tentacles and Vulture's wings?

If not, then what seen is this from?

Alright, let's try this differently...

When Harry (and it is Harry) asks the question...

"What is all of this?"

And he get the response from somone (not his father) of...

"The future"

What do you think they are talking about?

Do you agree that it might make sense that this future stuff is all of these really cool things in these hidden chambers, including Doc Ock's tentacles and Vulture's wings?

If not, then what seen is this from?

Here's the problem with what you're saying, Super Jim (and please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just trying to make a point, not pick on you and your ideas). You're assuming that you know how all these scenes play out when there are SO many elements and potential details that we don't know about yet. The voice saying "We have plans for you, Peter Parker" is 100% Chris Cooper. The voice saying "The Future" is a little more distorted, but is still most likely Chris Cooper. The only other person it could be on the latter is Colm Feore, but his speech patterns and accent are much different in all his other films. You think it can't be Norman because you only see him on his sickbed/deathbed in the trailer and Harry is shown in the labs for a good bit. But who's to say Norman didn't show Harry this stuff on an electronic device before he left Norman's room? Who's to say Norman isn't somehow out of bed and down there with him? Who's to say Norman isn't speaking to him over an electric device?

As for what they're talking about with "the future," it is EXTREMELY likely that they're referring to all the science-y goodies that we've seen. But that doesn't mean it's not Norman and Harry talking about it in the trailer. Trailers are edited differently than movies. Audio and video are switched around. Events don't unfold chronologically. So we can't be so quick to say that something happens a specific way for sure when we don't understand all the elements. The only way to figure out who the voices belong to is by being familiar with the actor's voice. Everything else is still up in the air. I think you'll be fairly surprised when a lot of these events unfold differently than you believe. ;)

^ Well, I first thought that TMITS (after TASM1) was Norman, but there is a lot of evidence, from interviews to trailer pics, that points to it not being him. I personally think Webb changed it from Norman to someone else since TASM1. If it's not him then it's likely one of these other major Spiderman characters (Otto, Smythe or The Gentleman).

I will agree with you that after listening again to the "We have plans for you, Peter Parker" dialog it does sound different than the "The future" dialog. I now believe that these are being said by two different actors/characters...

Now let me ask you this, and then we'll get into whether it could be Norman or not...

Do you agree that it is Harry that asks "What is all of this", to which the response is "The Future."?

If so, do you believe that it is likely that Harry becomes Goblinized from equipment and stuff found down in that Chamber of the Future?

I believe this. It makes the most sense. Where else would they have this Goblin stuff?

Now someone would need to show this stuff to Harry and the logical question that he would ask, after seeing all of it is... "What is all of this?". A great answer would be... "The future.". Now, could this be Norman up in his deathbed using an Ipad? Sure, but not likely. I mean, if Harry has to go there to be Goblinized, then why go through that.

- We all agree that Harry will get Goblinated, yes?

- Do you agree that this is likely to happen down in those chambers?

- Do you agree that this shot has something to do with this (is that Harry's jacket on the ground?)?

Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Teaser-Photo-Image-Gene-Chamber-Green-Goblin.jpg

Alright, so if Harry has to go to the chambers to get Goblinized then we're likely to see all of this Future stuff prior to the post-credits. The likely candidate to show this stuff to Harry and help him get Goblinized is TMITS (or at least TMITF - the man in the fedora):

the_amazing_spider_man_2_trailer.jpg

So the question is whether this fedora wearing dude could be Norman, even though we've been shown that he is in his deathbed and barely able to speak.

Maybe he's faking?

But if he's faking then the whole point of the first movie is nulified. It was all about saving Norman.

Ok, so maybe since the last movie, without anyone knowing, Norman has been saved but is pretending to still be sick?

But why do that? If you're better, then why pretend to still be sick?

Ok, well maybe he's only better when transformed into whatever cross-species thing he becomes, but when human he's still sick (just like Doc Connors, who loses his arm when he is human).

Ok, but the guy in the fedora appears to be human and not some cross-species thing, so that doesn't work.

Do you see how this all doesn't make sense. It makes much more sense that Norman is still sick and in his bed and that Harry is shown all of this future stuff by someone who has been working for Norman, and likely even the guy who invented all of the stuff.

It makes the most sense that Harry will undergo the Goblin process down in that chamber with already invented equipment and serum and will be helped by whomever invented the stuff, and thus shows it to Harry.

You're still making assumptions on the chronology of events and the content of various scenes, Super Jim. I'm just going to try to stay out of it from now.

On another note, you can see green on Vulture's wings in that shot now. It's very clear. Pretty cool.

You're still making assumptions on the chronology of events and the content of various scenes, Super Jim. I'm just going to try to stay out of it from now.

On another note, you can see green on Vulture's wings in that shot now. It's very clear. Pretty cool.
I'm dying to see Vulture on screen!

You are suggesting that perhaps TMITS is Norman, but we know that actor is being played by Michael Masse.

Cool avvy Airnick. You connected those two shots well. Looks believable. Whether or not it happens that way, idk...

What assumptions?

Let me see if you disagree with any of my assumptions as follows:

1. Harry will become the Goblin prior to the end of the movie.

2. In order for Harry to become the Goblin he will need to be provided the Goblin armor, glider and serum.

3. That Harry asking the question "What is all of this?", to which the response is "The future.", will happen prior to the end of the movie and likely around the same time that Harry will be shown the Goblin stuff.

So getting beyond the questions of who is saying "the future" and who is saying "We have plans for you, Peter Parker" (by the way, the "we" in that statement likely includes Norman and at least one other, like an Otto, Smythe or Gentleman type), the main point is that Harry will need to see this stuff (at a minimum the Goblin stuff) prior to the end of the movie in order to become the Goblin.

Is it possible that he is shown and uses the Goblin stuff, and only the Goblin stuff, and that is the stuff to which he asks "what is all of this?"? Sure, it's possible. So, is it possible that there is a post credits scene with the other stuff, but which is more likely? It is much more likely that Harry would be shown ALL of the stuff at the same time and for whatever reason he decides to use the goblin stuff and not the other stuff.

^ Well, I first thought that TMITS (after TASM1) was Norman, but there is a lot of evidence, from interviews to trailer pics, that points to it not being him. I personally think Webb changed it from Norman to someone else since TASM1. If it's not him then it's likely one of these other major Spiderman characters (Otto, Smythe or The Gentleman).

I will agree with you that after listening again to the "We have plans for you, Peter Parker" dialog it does sound different than the "The future" dialog. I now believe that these are being said by two different actors/characters...

This man's voice is the closest I came to for THE FUTURE dialog.
[YT]Zjn3WqsvE_Q[/YT]

Cool avvy Airnick. You connected those two shots well. Looks believable. Whether or not it happens that way, idk...
Yeah, the editing in that avvy is really well done. I think there are some "missing pieces" that take place in between the two shots, but we shall see. :)

I think Chris Cooper is saying "The Future."

"We have plans for you Peter Parker" might be Masse.

Thanks Nicko!. Yeah I have a feeling the shots aren't connected to each other, but who knows.

Sounds about right. The voices sound similar but that's the guess I'd make.
The voiced do sound similar, so it is difficult to really tell. I just hope both lines, especially the "we have plans" one, makes it to the final cut.

You are suggesting that perhaps TMITS is Norman, but we know that actor is being played by Michael Masse.

No, I believe that when the filmed TASM1 Massee was going to be Norman, but since then they decided to go with the more known Chris Cooper. It was SpideyFan117 that was suggesting that it is Norman who says both "the future" and "we have plans for you".

I'm not sure if we can state definitively yet who the guy in the fedora in that scene with Doc Ock's tentacles is. I'm not even willing to say it's not Norman, but I do believe that's unlikely. I do agre with you that if Massee is in this film then he is likely still TMITS, but I can't even find him listed on IMDb.

I think Chris Cooper is saying "The Future."

"We have plans for you Peter Parker" might be Masse.

I respectfully disagree, Picard. I think the 'We have plans for you, Peter Parker' line is 100% Chris Cooper. I'm also almost as certain he says 'The Future,' but it's a little distorted. That's why I humor the idea that Feore says the latter, though I highly doubt it. Regardless, Massee's voice just doesn't match up. I've never heard his voice with the same tonal characteristics.

I'm not sure if we can state definitively yet who the guy in the fedora in that scene with Doc Ock's tentacles is. I'm not even willing to say it's not Norman, but I do believe that's unlikely. I do agre with you that if Massee is in this film then he is likely still TMITS, but I can't even find him listed on IMDb.

That doesn't mean anything. IMDB is not a reliable source, so you can't go by that.

And btw, Chris Cooper is not even on the cast list from the official TASM2 site but we know he is in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"