• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Creator new sci-fi movie from Gareth Edwards

Yeah I really hope this doesn’t get pushed back because it looks amazing. Although maybe if it is, it will be more successful.

Also, I feel like movies like this and Oppenheimer prove that you can make and damn good looking movie on a modest budget (and it’s still honestly hilarious to me that somehow $80-$100 million is now considered modest). I don’t want to crap on Marvel or superhero movies in general because I genuinely do love the genre but these movie budgets have gotten out of control, and it’s even more egregious when you realize how little writers, visual effects artists and some actors are paid. There’s no way the current model is sustainable when every other movie needs to break $500 million to be profitable.

I expect it to be delayed unfortunately.

Probably, yeah. And now that I think about it, maybe that’s for the best. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of buzz for this film despite how good it looks. I feel like Barbie and Oppenheimer have been such a juggernaut that everything else is kinda being ignored. Maybe some more distance from that will result in this movie getting more attention.

Probably, yeah. And now that I think about it, maybe that’s for the best. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of buzz for this film despite how good it looks. I feel like Barbie and Oppenheimer have been such a juggernaut that everything else is kinda being ignored. Maybe some more distance from that will result in this movie getting more attention.
For sure. If it's good I want this movie to do well and if it's released with a botched marketing it won't. We need more original high concept sci-fi movies like this, with such a well-made production and such a (relatively) small budget. I hope it delivers.

Yeah I'd prefer it to be released with as much press as possible and if it can be released with minimal competition, even better. This movie looks too cool to fail.

This looks intriguing from the trailer.

The title though is not good.

Not the best title, but whatever, I want to see this. It's an original sci-fi story with good production values. I hope Edwards is working from a good script and has the whole story figured out this time around.

Not the best title, but whatever, I want to see this. It's an original sci-fi story with good production values. I hope Edwards is working from a good script and has the whole story figured out this time around.
At least better than the original title that was True Love.

I guess everyone should find an extra wide screen to watch this on and avoid seeing it on real IMAX screens.

the-creator-2-76-1-ar-on-different-screen-types-v0-k4kokuzgvo0b1.jpg

I'm glad that this hasn't been delayed. To be honest, I'm actually kind of shocked that it hasn't been but I also have a feeling that the lack of a proper press tour due to the strikes might hurt its chances at the box office.

The good thing that it has going for it is that it's basically the only action movie in October.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"