The Creator new sci-fi movie from Gareth Edwards

Lol that would have freaked me out if I saw that in real life and didn’t know what was going on.

I'm at the point where I hope this isn't mid or disappointing. It's got all the right ingredients to make a classic scifi movie.

I liked Monsters, but Edwards’ blockbuster efforts haven’t been very good in the script department. I’m going to wait for reviews before deciding whether to give this a shot or not.

Last edited:
Like Monsters, but Edwards’ blockbuster efforts haven’t been very good in the script department. I’m going to wait for reviews before deciding where to give this a shot or not.
This is very true and it is my fear as well, but 1. unlike Godzilla and Rogue One, this time he's involved in the the script himself, and 2. this won't have the restrictions of a preexisting franchise or the baggage of a shared universe, so I remain positive and checking this out regardless.

This is very true and it is my fear as well, but 1. unlike Godzilla and Rogue One, this time he's involved in the the script himself, and 2. this won't have the restrictions of a preexisting franchise or the baggage of a shared universe, so I remain positive and checking this out regardless.

This got me. Plus both Godzilla and Rogue One hold up really well to repeat viewings.

I loved Rogue One but Edwards basically got demoted during filming of that so it’s hard to give him credit for it. Godzilla looked really good but he managed to make a very talented cast boring and lifeless. Monsters was good but I liked the sequel better. IMO, Edwards still needs to prove himself as a director but this film gives me a lot of hope. Really hoping it’s as good as it looks.

drake-hyped.gif

Yeah, I think his background in VFX work helps on that end.

Glad to see the positive reactions. Looks like this is the masterpiece we’re all hoping it is.

Seeing it tomorrow night in IMAX. I'll post my thoughts afterwards.

Amazing visuals, but messy/mediocre story... Eh, I'll probably still go see it in LieMAX.

Down to 73%. The reviews are still favorable, but the overall tone is muted compared to the rapturous early reactions.

Huh, wasnt expecting such a low critic score, they all seemed in love with this movie a week ago.

Down to 70% already! Huh. I'm seeing this on Sunday, very excited nevertheless.

Huh, wasnt expecting such a low critic score, they all seemed in love with this movie a week ago.
As usual, the early praise comes from folks like Lussier, Nemiroff, Weintraub, Davis, etc.

Just from the trailers alone you could tell the story may be a miss, but hey, stunning visuals!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"