The Dark Knight The Dark Knight FAQ (Check here first)

Join the Fight for Gotham City!

Source: Solidus, dark_sentinel February 29, 2008

It looks like the viral marketing for The Dark Knight, which took a break after the new trailer and poster were revealed in December, is starting up again. If you head to IBelieveinHarveyDent.com, you'll see that Harvey Dent's campaign site is now asking for your e-mail address and phone number so that it can provide you with info on how you can help to change Gotham City. If you sign up, this is what you'll get in your inbox...

Citizens of Gotham! The future of our city rests in your hands!

Alone, we are helpless against the thugs and killers menacing our city.

Together, we have the power to take back Gotham.

In just a few days, you'll find out how.

Please, click below to verify your email address:

Keep an eye on http://www.ibelieveinharveydent.com -- and get ready to join a movement that will transform our city!

Stay tuned!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6868

this needs to be stickied again...

The Dark Knight Coaster Animated Video
Source: Six Flags Great America
March 2, 2008

You can now check out an animated video of The Dark Knight coaster coming to Chicago's Six Flags Great America in April here! This is how Six Flags describes the "dark coaster" based on the upcoming movie:

Be transformed into a citizen of Gotham City — caught in the middle of a city under siege and torn apart by The Joker.

With The Dark Knight, experience the ride of a lifetime. Venture through demented hallways of twists, turns and hallucinatory images, while being tormented by The Joker himself. Then set foot onto a distressed, vandalized train platform. You can only guess at what awaits as you speed through six 180-degree hairpin turns, climb unseen hills, plunge into pitch darkness and dip into unforeseen danger. As you attempt to escape the terror, your only hope is that Gotham's Silent Guardian — Batman — can save you!

More stats:

Height Restrictions - 48" min. to ride alone, 42" with adult.
Ride Category - Thrill
Flash Pass - No
Length - 1,213 feet
Duration - 120 seconds
Capacity - 32
Manufacturer - Mack Rides GmbH & Co KG

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6869

Does anyone know when TDK is suppose to rap up- completely?

Thanks in advance.

I would imagine just over a month before release, tho some movies completely finish a few days before release lol and yes they end up being pretty crap

I would imagine just over a month before release, tho some movies completely finish a few days before release lol and yes they end up being pretty crap

JokerCam is correct - They tend to work on these things until the last possible second. Also, the production schedules are generally designed so that movie is ready for release ASAP. Every day that is spent sitting on a self waiting for release is a day of revenue lost.

I imagine so as well. My friend did the sound mixing for Meet the Spartans almost 4 months before it was released, and that movie was crappier than crap, LOL. I suspect they'll take their sweet time with TDK.

Maybe Zack wants to do a lot of CGI work on it? Who knows.

Nicholson Would Have Talked Joker with Ledger

Source: MTV
March 5, 2008

MTV interviewed original big screen Joker Jack Nicholson, who talked about sleeping pills and meeting up with the late Heath Ledger about playing the villain in The Dark Knight:

MTV: When we spoke last, we talked about Batman, but it was before this tragedy with Heath Ledger.

Nicholson: That was horrible. I had an Ambien experience. I don't react well to sleeping pills. Someone said, "Try this, there's no hangover." And I got an emergency call in the middle of the night and had forgotten I'd taken one. I fell asleep at the wheel about a hundred yards from my house. A couple blocks in either direction and I'd have been in a really bad accident. When the news first came out and I heard [sleeping pills were involved] — I've tried to warn people.

MTV: Is there a lesson to be learned from what happened?

Nicholson: One of the things I'd know doctors would like is good feedback in their direction. If you do take a pill, have the presence of mind to check yourself out and see how it's actually acting so you can give feedback to the medical person.

MTV: How long ago was your incident?

Nicholson: That's got to be three or four years [ago]. I didn't know Mr. Ledger, but the town is very sad on his behalf.

MTV: You'd never met him?

Nicholson: No, I'd never met him. I would have tried to have a fun talk with him about the Joker.

Visit the link above for the full interview.
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6882

IBelieveinHarveyDent.com is Live!

Source: Rezzo
March 7, 2008

The official IBelieveinHarveyDent.com viral site is now live with specific instructions on what you can do to support Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) in his run for District Attorney and to take back Gotham! You have until March 26th at 12 noon to submit your creative videos and pics. Downloads are available to help you while you can also sign up to receive updates about the Harvey Dent campaign on the road.

Show your support! Go here.

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6894

Its going to be one interesting film.......

A great film with a sad over tone of reality........

In 20 years people aren't going to feel that harsh sense of reality.

It will just be a great film.

EXCL: SHH! Chats Up Maggie G. on Dark Knight
Source: Edward Douglas
March 24, 2008

gyllenhaalbatman2.jpg
One of the surprises from last week's ShoWest Convention in Las Vegas was Warner Bros.' star-studded "The Big Picture" presentation which featured some of the cast and filmmakers of the studio's big summer movies including Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight. One person who showed up unannounced was actress Maggie Gyllenhaal, who replaces Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes in the upcoming sequel, and Superhero Hype! had a chance to talk to her briefly on the red carpet for the event.

Despite being the new girl in the franchise, Gyllenhaal was gracious towards her predecessor when asked whether her portrayal was inspired by Holmes' version or would be completely different. "I think she's a wonderful actress and I really admired the work that she did in the first Batman, but I don't think it would have worked if I tried to imitate her. I think the only way to do it is to do it like myself," Gyllenhaal told us.

"They just (expect you to) suspend your disbelief," she continued when pressed about whether there'd be any sort of nod or mention of the fact that Rachel Dawes looks and acts completely different in the movie. "I'm Rachel Dawes now. I mean, how many Batmen have there been? Lots of them!"

Even though Gyllenhaal has become a name actress in recent years, she's continued to do smaller independent films with only a few exceptions, so we asked her whether joining a blockbuster franchise like Batman has made her life any crazier. "It hasn't really started yet, that craziness," she admitted to us. "I imagine it will and I'll just take it as it comes, that kind of thing, and in terms of the actual making of it, I anticipated it was going to be much different than making a small movie, and in the end, it didn't feel that way, and I think it was because I was working with really good actors like Gary Oldman and Michael Caine and Christian Bale, Aaron Eckhart and Heath Ledger. It felt like making any other movie, and I think Chris Nolan has a lot to do with that, and also because he really likes and respects actors, so it felt like doing good scenes in any movie."

Before she was whisked off to the presentation, we asked whether she'd been getting into any of the action in the new movie and how that had been. "Somewhat," she responded. "They took really good care of me. I thought I might get bruised up but in fact, I didn't. They really knew what they were doing. I was scared to do some of the action stuff I had to do, and I did it once, and I was like, 'Oh, this is a blast!'"

Next up for Gyllenhaal is Rebecca Miller's adaptation of her own novel The Private Lives of Pippa Lee, but we hope to have more with the vibrant young actress closer to the release of The Dark Knight on July 18.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6962

Dark Knight Spoiler & Costume Pics

Source: DrFright
March 25, 2008

Scooper 'DrFright' got a chance to check out the HCP Show (Halloween, Costume, Party) in Las Vegas last week and snapped two photos of the costumes that were on display for The Dark Knight. 'DrFright' also asked why there was no "Two-Face" costume on display, and what he learned is a pretty big spoiler that you'll have to highlight below to find out:
They said he's only in the movie for a couple minutes so no Two-Face. It seems like Two-Face will only be in the movie towards the end only to set up part 3.
You can check out bigger versions of the images by clicking on them below!
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6966

Update #9: New Dark Knight Gotham Times Arrives

Source: Femidk1, Rezzo, thunderclap8
March 26, 2008

'Femidk1' has posted photos on the Superhero Hype! message boards of a new edition of The Gotham Times that is being sent out to people who received the first issue as well. It's part of The Dark Knight viral marketing and this time concentrates more on Harvey Dent's campaign.

You can view photos and learn about new URLs mentioned in the newspaper here!

UPDATE #1: The official Gotham Times website has updated to this new issue of the newspaper. Also, IBelieveinHarveyDent.com has received an update.

UPDATE #2: Talked about in the newspaper's new issue, MaidenAvenueReport.com is also online.

UPDATE #3: GothamCableNews.com, Dana Worthington.com, CitizensforBatman.org and SaintsWithunsChurch.org have launched as well.

UPDATE #4: Be sure to e-mail some of the above sites to see what kind of replies you get!

UPDATE #5: GVAFoundation.org has been updated with a message from Dana Worthington.

UPDATE #6: Joker's back too! Fans are receiving this text message from [email protected]:

Hey clown! Long time, no crime spree! Well, put on your floppy shoes and answer this question: are you ready to get to work? (ReplyY/N)

If you reply Y, you'll get back:

"Glad to see you're still alive and kicking. I'll be in touch before Poisson d'Avril."

So, looks like we'll hear from The Joker before April Fools' Day (April 1).

UPDATE #7: GPDIAD.com has updated with officers of the month, while you can now call GothamCab.com at 1-877-530-2227 to hear a message about how they've shut down, something that was also mentioned in the new Gotham Times (the cabs were being used for mafia delivery jobs). As before, you can enter Breitup's badge number (6773) when prompted at the end of the message for more.

UPDATE #8: A new letter from the Harvey Dent arrived in fans' inboxes...

We did it! Harvey Dent has officially announced he's running for Gotham District Attorney! And it's all because of you -- your support.

Your rallies, your petition drives, your videos, your enthusiasm. The Dentmobile brought our message of change for Gotham City to every neighborhood. But it was your energy that brought a message of support to Harvey Dent himself.

And he heard you. Harvey Dent heard the fierce desire all of you have for change in Gotham. And that's why, today, Harvey Dent announced that he's running for Gotham DA.

Now, the real battle begins. We all must join together to make sure that Harvey Dent gets the chance to take back Gotham City from crime and corruption.

Talk to your neighbors, your friends, your coworkers. Tell them why Harvey Dent is the one man who can save Gotham.

And keep on checking IBelieveinHarveyDent.com for news of the race.

Harvey Dent thanks you all. With your help, we can take back Gotham.

Sincerely

Allan Cypes
Media Manager, Harvey Dent for Gotham DA

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6970

Is Harvey Dent a Corrupt, Media Crazed Inquisitor?

Source: Rezzo, kavalier_149, Alex Boyer, Chris, JJ, Hush, dudzy1212
March 30, 2008

The Dark Knight viral campaign took no rest this weekend, as fans who subscribed at IBelieveinHarveyDent.com started getting a new call from Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) on Sunday in which the candidate for Gotham District Attorney asked for help in proving slanderous accusations made by a mysterious organization, called the Concerned Citizens for a Better Gotham, wrong. Dent's site posted the following:

Harvey Dent rejects the slanderous charges made by a shadowy group of unknowns calling themselves "Concerned Citizens for a Better Gotham."

Harvey Dent has always been truthful and upright in his prosecution of corrupt cops.

There is no truth to any of the charges put forth by the operatives behind this shameless group.

Don't listen to the lies and innuendos of the people who want to keep Gotham the way it is!

If you want real change in Gotham, join our movement to take Gotham back!

News:

• Meet Harvey Dent! Harvey Dent will be at a Townhall Meeting to answer all your questions about how to take Gotham back! 3pm, April 1, Gotham Community Center #12, Gainley

• Harvey Dent accepted the endorsement of the Gotham Firefighters Association March 27. Thank you Gotham firefighters!

• The 100th new volunteer at Harvey Dent Headquarters this week will receive a free dinner with Harvey Dent himself! So come on down!

Be sure to take note of that April 1st 3pm mention! The new viral site for the Concerned Citizens for a Better Gotham can be found at CCFABG.org.

Still here? A new Joker site has been discovered as well at ClownTravelAgency.com, where something will also take place on Tuesday, April 1st.

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6993
Zimmer on the Dark Knight Score
Source: Bloomberg
March 31, 2008

Composer Hans Zimmer talked to Bloomberg about working on The Dark Knight score with fellow composer James Newton Howard. Here are several clips from the interview:

Oscar-winning composer Hans Zimmer was struggling to find the right music to represent the Joker in "The Dark Knight," the new Batman movie scheduled for release this summer.

Zimmer, who wrote the scores for "The Lion King," "Gladiator" and more than 100 other films, had already composed a two-note signature for the fiendish character, played by the late Heath Ledger. But he wanted to expand that sound to symbolize the Joker's penchant for anarchy.

"I've been sitting here all night trying to find out what else to do with those two notes," Zimmer said during an interview last month at his Santa Monica, California, studio.

Zimmer, who collaborated on the score with James Newton Howard, said Ledger's death from an accidental drug overdose in January wouldn't change his musical approach to the Joker. The composer said the best tribute would be an accurate reflection of Ledger's portrayal.

"The worst thing I can do is stray from that course and not be rigorous about his performance," the tall, balding composer said in a German accent that reflects his native country.

You can read more of the interview here.
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6997
Burned Harvey Dent Button Arrives in Mail
Source: Josh
March 31, 2008

The Dark Knight viral campaign continues today as 'Josh' sent us this photo of a half-burned Harvey Dent button that was sent to him by the Concerned Citizens for a Better Gotham (CCFABG.org) foreshadowing what happens to the Aaron Eckhart character.

harveydentbutton.jpg

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6998&offset=50

Update #7: Dark Knight Viral Campaign Heats Up for April Fools'

Source: Superhero Hype!
April 1, 2008

The envelope at ClownTravelAgency.com has opened (just click on it) to reveal another scavenger hunt, this time in locations around the world. 'Alex' wrote in this morning about one of the packages in London:

I contacted the Tavistock Hotel, but I was too late, however they gave me some info on the package. Someone collected it and inside was a bowling ball, and a nifty smart mobile phone. On the ball was a mobile phone number etched on it. He rang the number apaprently and was told they now knew who he was and to await further instructions.

In addition to the comments below, you can discuss this hunt further on the message boards here!

UPDATE #1: IBelieveinHarveyDent.com has been updated with more latest news items. Remember, Harvey Dent is supposed to be at a Townhall Meeting today (April 1st) at 3pm (we don't know what time zone) at the Gotham Community Center #12, Gainley.

UPDATE #2: Fans have posted pictures of the package, including the bowling ball and phone, that they are picking up at the various locations in this thread.

UPDATE #3: Dark Knight viral marketing on "CSI"? Check this out!

UPDATE #4: Here's an interesting bit. The bowling alley at 6327 Spencer Hwy in Pasadena, TX actually closed down. 'Dave' writes...

I talked to the owner who told me yes, a California company had rented the locker, and yes it had a ball and a cell phone in a bag, but no it was not there. When he told them he was closing, they took the bag away 2 days before the clowntravel site went active... but they still posted the address even when the bag wasn't there! There were about 20 people there waiting.

We'll have to wait and see how 42 Entertainment (the company running the viral campaign) handles this.

More addresses in cities are popping up on the hour, so stay tuned to ClownTravelAgency.com.

UPDATE #5: They've now stamped the Pasadena one, completing it so that people won't keep going to that closed bowling alley.

UPDATE #6: All the stamps are complete and if you now visit ClownTravelAgency.com and open the envelope, the stamps will load and afterwards the page will burn up to reveal another note which says you should go to ACMESecuritySystems.com. It asks if you can disable a certain alarm system using the password "needle".

UPDATE #7: At the new site, you'll be able to leave your info. After this, you'll get a call and you're asked the password from above. Then Gordon will start to talk and he says you can either help him, or go to jail.
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=7005

NECA Reveals Dark Knight Merchandise

Source: NECA
April 2, 2008

NECA has revealed its line-up of products for The Dark Knight and says...

Today NECA unveils products from the most highly anticipated film of the year: The Dark Knight. If you head over to our Dark Knight License Home Page, you can take a look at wall hangings, mini-alarm clocks, keychains, Head Knockers, and more! The Dark Knight hits theaters July 18, and all these products hit shelves this summer.

Click on either of the Head Knockers below to check out the rest of the products!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"