The Dark Knight The Dark Knight FAQ (Check here first)

More Dark Knight Photos

Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
April 4, 2008

Yes, we know there are new photos of Heath Ledger's Joker circulating the web, but instead of posting those leaked pics we have for you two official shots from the movie that were just released in Warner Bros.' summer preview. You can click on them for bigger sizes:

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=7029

A bit of an updated synopsis:
Action Drama. “The Dark Knight” reunites director Christopher Nolan with star Christian Bale, who returns to continue Batman's war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to destroy organized crime in Gotham for good. The triumvirate proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a rising criminal mastermind known as the Joker (Heath Ledger), who thrusts Gotham into anarchy and forces the Dark Knight ever closer to crossing the fine line between hero and vigilante.
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...1&article=4671

The Dark Knight Viral Update

Source: Superhero Hype!
April 7, 2008

A few new items have been discovered over the weekend for the Dark Knight viral campaign.

First up, the Gotham Police's Major Crimes Unit has a new site at GDPMCU.com. Lt. James Gordon (Gary Oldman) is the head of the unit.

Also, a video of Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal) has popped up here. In it, she talks about her support for Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart).

More viral talk here!
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=7035

can someone update on the viral marketing with the clowns against dent. is it legit? what does 7/2/08 mean?

Batman Gotham Knight Premieres at Wizard World Chicago

Source: Warner Home Video
April 10, 2008

DC Comics, Warner Premiere, Warner Home Video and Warner Bros. Animation will present the world premiere of the DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movie, Batman Gotham Knight, at Wizard World Chicago on June 28, 2008, it was announced today.

Scheduled for an evening presentation, the Batman Gotham Knight premiere will be followed immediately by a panel featuring members of the film crew and cast, including legendary animation producer Bruce Timm (Superman Doomsday, Justice League: The New Frontier); acclaimed comics writer Brian Azzarello and Emmy Award-winning television writer Alan Burnett. Other filmmakers and voice talent are expected to participate.

Batman Gotham Knight is a fresh and exciting new entry into the Batman mythos, spinning out of a 40-year history in animation including the Emmy®-winning "Batman: The Animated Series," widely considered a pivotal moment in American animation. A cross section of distinguished creators, award winning producers, and acclaimed writers weave six interlocking stories that reveal Bruce Wayne's journey to The Dark Knight, each with stylish art from some of the world's most revered animation visionaries.

Batman Gotham Knight will arrive July 8, 2008 on DVD and Blu-Ray Disc, and will also be available On Demand via digital cable and for download through broadband sites.

batmangknew1.jpg

batmangknew2.jpg

batmangknew3.jpg

i have tried to post a topic but it wouldnt let me i have news of a major spoiler to the ending of the movie

its not from an early screening no, its from a television text service in the uk in which the producers say they are considering making a last minute cut to the ending as the ending apparently shows heath's joker in a body bag being zipped up dont know if this is true but the teletext service usually very reliable so please dont flame me im not reporting this as fact

maybe it was reported there but as i stated it i heard it from a text service in the uk sorry that it was common knowledge i didnt know it

well, that's ok. i first heard it here, then BOF posted in, then everyone else, so it gets a little confusing

question is now do they keep it in or not on the one hand it could be considered bad taste but on the other the writer/director wrote it before heath tragically passed away i say if it makes sense in the movie and helps it flow better keep it in if it has no bearing on the rest of the film then cut it and maybe add it as a deleted scene on the dvd

this discussion belongs in the 'to cut or not cut thread' so go take a look and discuss it to your heart's content

ok np didnt know there was a topic about it thanx for pointing it out so eloquently

UPDATE: Harvey Dent Press Conference Reminder

April 13, 2008

Superhero Hype! was just sent the following, and while we won't be around ourselves to hear it, be sure to check it out at IBelieveinHarveyDent.com:

Harvey Dent is committed to truth and honesty in governing. He is also committed to truth and honesty in campaigning. And the honest truth is that we’ve had a tough week.

Everyone who knows Harvey Dent knows that the vicious smears by a mysterious group calling itself "Concerned Citizens for a Better Gotham" are not true. Harvey Dent is innocent of these charges, and the truth will triumph.

Harvey Dent believes that the movement to take back Gotham is bigger than one person. It’s never been about Harvey Dent. It’s about our hopes for our city. It’s about you.

Harvey Dent has always said that if he becomes a distraction from the bigger issues of the movement to fight crime and corruption, he’ll make the best decision for the movement itself.

We’ve done a lot in the last few months. We’ve shown the city that we will not stop fighting against the dark forces that have Gotham in their grasp. We showed everyone that we do have power. That there is hope for Gotham City.

The I Believe in Harvey Dent campaign will be holding a press conference today at 3:00 pm (EDT). The audio will be streaming live at www.ibelieveinharveydent.com. Whatever Harvey Dent says, I know one thing – I’m proud of him. And I’m proud of all of you.

I still believe in Harvey Dent. Do you?

Allan Cypes
Media Manager, Dent for DA

Speaking of the campaign's website, it has updated as well with the following announcement:

HARVEY DENT CAMPAIGN MOVES HEADQUARTERS

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Harvey Dent for DA campaign is temporarily moving out of its campaign headquarters. As of today, the Headquarters will be situated in the guest house behind the house of Allan Cypes, the media manager for the campaign. We are still committed to electing Harvey Dent and taking back Gotham from the forces of darkness, crime, and corruption.

UPDATE: The press conference was cancelled due to a hostage situation. From the campaign site:

HARVEY DENT: GOTHAM'S WHITE KNIGHT

Today's press conference was unexpectedly cancelled due to a hostage crisis located at a nearby deli. In a selfless move, Mr. Dent entered the premises, exchanged himself for a woman who was being held at gunpoint, and negotiated the successful release of the remaining patrons in the restaurant. Watch this site for updates. We will release more details when they become available.

Click here to download the raw audio captured from the crisis.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7059

Harvey Dent Hostage Situation Update

Source: Shawn Bennett
April 15, 2008

The Dark Knight viral site IBelieveinHarveyDent.com has been updated with the following:

4/15 HARVEY DENT RESCUES WOMAN IN HOSTAGE STANDOFF

HOSTAGE-TAKER WAS "SMEAR COP"

LISTEN TO RAW AUDIO HERE

A MESSAGE FROM HARVEY DENT

Friends, my entire campaign I've talked about how this campaign is a struggle for this city's soul. On the one hand, there are those people who prey on the innocent citizens of Gotham. On the other hand, there is our movement to take back Gotham from crime and corruption.

At Rossi's Deli, we saw that struggle play out. Play out inside the head of the hostage taker, Sgt. Frank Notaro. Some are calling him a "crazed smear cop" but he encapsulates the choice facing us. Do we continue to allow our worst nature to lead us? Or do we take a chance on hope?

That's the choice I laid out to Frank Notaro. And he responded. He released an innocent, terrified girl. He turned himself in. And he is now talking to the police about mob involvement in the smear campaign against me.

That's the real lesson of the incident. We must, all of us, have the courage to hope. If we have the power to change ourselves, if we have the power to change one person, then we have the power to change Gotham.

Other viral sites that have been updated since the incident on Sunday include: DanaWorthington.com; TrustGarcetti.com; and CCFABG.com.

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=7073

It's Time... for More Dark Knight Viral Marketing

April 18, 2008

This just showed up in our and the fans' inboxes:

My friend,

Indictments are about to be handed down. If you don't want your name on one, we'll need your full cooperation in an upcoming operation.

In case you haven't heard, we are struggling with a bit of corruption in the department. I'm not about to let the Gotham PD collapse in on itself, so we're taking action. We've identified a group of offenders that need to be apprehended. Problem is, most of these cops are hightailing it out of the city. But a C.I. just like you just gave us some information on their last known whereabouts. Now all we need is to catch them. This is where you come in.

Consider yourself on deck. I'll contact you next week, and let's just say it's in your best interest to play along. County's not a place you want to spend the rest of your life.

Lt. Jim Gordon, MCU

Stay tuned...
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7089

The Dark Knight Trailer Premieres

April 20, 2008

Warner Bros. Pictures debuted the new trailer for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight at the New York Comic-Con on Saturday. The trailer is expected to hit theaters in a couple of weeks, presumably with Iron Man, but the viral campaign might allows fans to see it earlier than that online. Stay tuned!

Speaking of, the viral marketing continued over the weekend with fans receiving a call from the Gotham Voters Survey. Here is 'Revenant':

Last night I received a phone call from the Gotham Voters Survey. Taking an opinion poll regarding Harvey Dent's campaign for District Attorney. An automated service asked initially how warm my feelings were towards Harvey Dent, 0 being not warm at all and 9 being very warm. Then I was asked how important several factors are to my feelings towards him, such as if I learned he had the lowest prosecution rate of all Gotham's assistant DAs, or if he had been treated from a psychiatric disorder, or if I learned he had a personal relationship with someone tied to organised crime, or if he had failed to file income tax reports. Then I was asked how warm my feeling were now for Mr Dent. Seems like someone at the Voters Survvey dept. is on the side of the Concerned Citizens For A Better Gotham.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7100

Update #2: New York Comic-Con Gallery Up
April 21, 2008

Just as we do annually for the San Diego Comic-Con, we've added a new gallery of photos snapped by our writers at the New York Comic-Con. The gallery includes lots of pics from the Hellboy II: The Golden Army panel, plus photos from The X-Files: I Want to Believe panel, convention banners/displays, figures, and more.

You can view the photos here.

UPDATE 1: Many more photos have been added, including pics of The Dark Knight toys.

UPDATE 2: A third batch of photos has been added, including new Dark Knight pics, Watchmen toys and much more.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7101

The Dark Knight Viral Countdown is On!

Source: Josh
April 25, 2008

'Josh' sent us this great update about The Dark Knight viral campaign:

WhySoSerious.com/ItsAllPartofthePlan has been updated!

You can click on the picture of each president to clearly display the name of a city and you get a countdown clock (similar to a doomsday style countdown for a bomb timer, etc.)

The information for each president portrait is:

Boston - Benjamin Franklin ($100 bill)
Los Angeles - Dwight D Eisenhower ($1 coin, issued from 1971 - 1978)
Philadelphia - Thomas Jefferson ($2 bill;nickel)
Chicago - Andrew Jackson ($20 bill)
Dallas - Grover Cleveland ($1000 bill)
Seattle - James Madison ($5000 bill)
New York - Abraham Lincoln ($5 bill; penny)
Kansas City - George Washington $1 bill; quarter)
Toronto - John F Kennedy (Half dollar coin)
San Francisco - Ulysses Grant ($50 bill)
London - Woodrow Wilson ($100,000 bill)
Sao Paulo - Alexander Hamilton ($10 bill

This is the currency info each President is linked to, so something may be going down at a bank, etc. when the countdown expires, maybe a location or other instructions will be posted!

The countdowns expire on Monday, April 28th and the countdown pages read:

Gather with 300 of your closest friends at this exact spot on April 28th.

You'll need to be in contact with a partner-in-crime who has online access to relay your instructions once you're there. These instructions will give you the TRAIL to follow, but be sure to look both ways when crossing the street; we wouldn't want you to make an unscheduled visit to the ER now, would we?

Put on a smile and plan to spend about an hour or so bonding with your fellow clowns.

Check back here often for updates or changes.

Did you catch that? TRAIL and ER... yeah, we thought you'd like that!
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7124

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"