Superman Returns The DVD Commentary. What are you eager for the SR crew to discuss??

huh? Well hmm, that's not my thread's intention though I do enjoy a good bashing, my fellow.

It's about whatever you want them to discuss. Even if it's jimmy's cake. I mean, what kind of cake is it? Did he really eat some of it? that sort of thing...

I got the idea for this after listing to the commentary for X2, a movie I love (though having finally seen wrath of khan I really understand where singer drew his inspiration for x2). I think it may seem like a lot of people hate and want to bash singer, even me, but that' absolutely untrue. I love what he did for x-men and think under anybody else like tim story or brett ratner we'd have just gotten rushed and forgettable crap like x3. So I'm a fan of his but I'm afraid some think I hate him, even C. Lee probably does. Yeah I made one dumb-ass remark about him once that I wish I didn't, but truth is I think he's a great director.... it's just I disagree with his approach to superman here, it's like he didn't really care for much else but donner's films and that's not too cool. Superman to me is much bigger than even donner's classic. Well I hope he discusses why he decided to do that sequel sort of thing. Just imagine how many are completely confused by it right now. People were even thinking BB was a prequel to batman 89 so this... oh this'll really cause some heads to be scratched.

Oh and I definitely want to know about his plans for Jason.

I want to hear Singer explain how he can make a Superman movie and not be a fan of the comic...

and I want him to not be arrogant for once....

oh, and then i guess he can talk about the genesis cameras or whatever.... mostly interested in the other stuff though.

I would like them to discuss some ideas they have for a sequel, Singer obviously sowed the seeds of a franchise with this movie and i would like them just to drop a few tidbits on were they plan on taking it, then i can look forward to a sequel even more.

Yea, I'd like to hear him explain how he's going to advance the story and still have Superman not be bogged down by the fact that he has a young son.... it kind of cripples the character if you ask me because it has to be dealt with at this point, it is such a big element that really doesnt have a place.

^Well Singer and his writers took X2 to a level above X1 when they made it, i'm hoping they can do the same again here. They introduced things in X2 that you wouldnt have guessed from watching X1 so i think they have something up their collective sleeves.

I was reading a thread in the sequel forum about luthor and his court case and now I'll say I want them to touch that topic in their commentary. What court system would let someone like luthor free? He has a lair full of evil traps and everything, plus otis and teschmacher's testimony. I wonder how all it took was superman, a superhero from another planet, absence to be his ticket free.

I remember a poster said it would have been perfect for it to be shown that luthor planted the false krypton sighting to trick superman into leaving... still a crazy plan since superman could just send a probe or use his supervision and check, whatever... but I guess it would have seemed more smart rather than Lucky Golly-wiz for Luthor if it was all orchestrated by him.

i want Singer to wax poetic on that $10M Krypton opening sequence we never got to see in the theaters.

Wesyeed said:
I was reading a thread in the sequel forum about luthor and his court case and now I'll say I want them to touch that topic in their commentary. What court system would let someone like luthor free? He has a lair full of evil traps and everything, plus otis and teschmacher's testimony. I wonder how all it took was superman, a superhero from another planet, absence to be his ticket free.

I remember a poster said it would have been perfect for it to be shown that luthor planted the false krypton sighting to trick superman into leaving... still a crazy plan since superman could just send a probe or use his supervision and check, whatever... but I guess it would have seemed more smart rather than Lucky Golly-wiz for Luthor if it was all orchestrated by him.

My ears were burning, probably Oldguy's ears as well.

i want a non-stop 12 hours documentary of Singer sitting down and reading all those Superman's essential comics with a gun pointed at his head. By the end of the day he will be tested for his knowledge of Superman, one wrong answer will resulted in him losing a tooth

darthbakpao said:
i want a non-stop 12 hours documentary of Singer sitting down and reading all those Superman's essential comics with a gun pointed at his head. By the end of the day he will be tested for his knowledge of Superman, one wrong answer will resulted in him losing a tooth

I normally sigh at singer bashing posts, but I actually laughed here. The tooth part made me 'lol'.

Judging by WB's last few hits like Batman Begins and Harry Potter 5, I seriously doubt there will even be a commentary.

But if there is, I'd like to know why Superman was gone for 5 years, it took him that long to look for the planet?

Perhaps he'll explain how Warner Bros. and Legendary got burned by hiring him as the director, and how he is the only one making mega-bucks off of this movie.:dry:

Nah, his ego will never allow it.

I want him(or the writers) to explain Supes outside of Lois and Richards home .Did they expect all the "stalker" comments the scene recieved.
I also want to know if Jason has full Kryption powers or was the piano a one shot deal .

Wesyeed said:
It was never touched on in the earlier films whether or not the authorities found his hideout. He was just dropped off at jail in the first one after Superman rescued Eve from "The Babies." Eve may have still been on the loose, as she rescues Lex in II. And well, Otis is retarted, so you're guess is as good as anybody's. I think it boils down to all the proof being based on Supes' testimony. In the first movie, Luthor was already well-known by the gumshoes trying to nab him, so maybe he was only tried for previous crimes? Who knows.
Wesyeed said:
I believe I read in a recent interview that those scenes were left on the cutting room floor along with other Smallville scenes. Apparently the "let's trick Superman" scenes show more development of Stanford's character because he's the actual hand in charge of tricking Clarkie.

Mr. Socko said:
Judging by WB's last few hits like Batman Begins and Harry Potter 5, I seriously doubt there will even be a commentary.

But if there is, I'd like to know why Superman was gone for 5 years, it took him that long to look for the planet?
In the original film Luthor stated it took about 2.5 Earth years for the rocketship to travel to Earth. So they're probably just multiplying that by two and giving a half hour for him to look at the leftovers of the hometown.

Masut said:
I normally sigh at singer bashing posts, but I actually laughed here. The tooth part made me 'lol'.
Me too. That was so elegantly funny, I read it five times...and laughed harder in each succession.

I don't really feel the need to sit down and listen to Singer discuss his movie. Even though I'm a fan of his work and I loved Superman Returns, I like to listen to other directors moreso then him. Tim Burton for one!!

Well you got your wish.

Sorry guys, since there wont be a commentary, I guess I have to ask the mods to just close this.

You all have very good ideas though.

I'd like for Singer or whoever else is on the commentary to say "sorry" every now and then.:woot:

Wesyeed said:
I'd like them to clear up the whole vague history mystery

They can't. It's too vague for even the creators.
"What about that memory erase kiss at the end of Superman II?"

Singer: "Oh, I just ignored that part. I assumed she just remembered sleeping with him."

Dumb bastard doesn't even know the back story for his own movie. :down

mathhater said:
They can't. It's too vague for even the creators.
"What about that memory erase kiss at the end of Superman II?"

Singer: "Oh, I just ignored that part. I assumed she just remembered sleeping with him."

Dumb bastard doesn't even know the back story for his own movie. :down
I know. By the logic of Singer's statement Lois in Returns should know that Clark is Superman.

yes he did.

strange, for someone who made The Usual Suspects, it seems that Singer doesnt understand the concept of logic.

Wesyeed said:
Well you got your wish.

Sorry guys, since there wont be a commentary, I guess I have to ask the mods to just close this.

You all have very good ideas though.

The DVD specs haven't been finalized yet and since DVD Active removed the announcement like two hours ago, I take we'll get more extras or at the very least, a revised DVD cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"