The Fault In Our Stars

corby

?
Reaction score
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fault-stars-movie-lands-director-422485

Josh Boone will helm Fox 2000's adaptation of the best-selling novel for "Twilight" and "Safe Haven" producers.

Josh Boone has been hired to direct The Fault in Our Stars, Fox 2000’s adaptation of John Green’s acclaimed best-seller. Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen, the producers behind The Twilight Saga and this past weekend’s Nicholas Sparks translation Safe Haven, are producing the project, which has a script by (500) Days of Summer and The Spectacular Now screenwriters Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber.
Whispers of Boone’s involvement surfaced over the weekend when a series of tweets connected Green, a big social networker, Boone and actress Shailene Woodley (The Descendants). At this stage, however, sources say Woodley, who stars in Neustadter and Weber’s Now, has not been offered a role in the film (but she's in the running for the female lead as is Hailee Steinfeld).
Stars centers on a teenage girl stricken with terminal cancer who falls for a boy in her support group. The two form a bond as they deal with their illnesses. The novel received unanimous acclaim, with Time magazine calling it the best fiction book of 2012.
The studio is looking to go into production this summer. Fault has deep meaning to Boone, who found solace in the book after he lost a close friend just prior to making his debut movie, the drama Stuck In Love, which stars Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connolly, Nat Wolff, Lily Collins and Logan Lerman. “John's book came along just when I needed it,” Boone tells THR in a statement. “It pierced my heart and helped me deal with my grief. I laughed and cried and was left with an overwhelming feeling of hope. That our lives matter, that the love and kindness we share with others reverberates long after we're gone.

“I feel the weight and responsibility to get this right and give his readers and devoted fans as pure a translation as possible … We hope to create a little infinity within this film that fans can revisit over and over."
Stuck in Love, which Boone wrote and directed, was acquired at last year's Toronto International Film Festival by Millennium Entertainment and is set for theatrical release April 19.

I read this book when it came out last year and it really is fantastic. Being a fan of John Green's books and his vlogs, I'm really looking forward to seeing this get made.

synopsis: Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a patient named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Shailene Woodley has been cast as the main character, Hazel Grace.

i was going to make a thread, but i did a search first.

not what i pictured Augustus to look like. actually he kinda resembles more what I thought isaac might look like

Yeah he looks more boyish-faced than I imagined Augustus being.

Shailene Woodley Cutting Off Hair, Donating Locks to Charity Before Filming The Fault in Our Stars

Shailene Woodley is prepping for her role as a cancer patient in the upcoming film The Faults in Our Stars by chopping off her hair, and she's making sure it goes to a good cause.
John Green, author of the book the film is based on, says Woodley will be cutting her hair this weekend and will donate more than eight inches of locks to a children's charity.
Green writes on his blog, "She's donating her hair to Children with Hair Loss, an organization that provides free wigs to kids who've experienced hair loss due to cancer, burns, or other medical conditions.

"I want to be clear that this was entirely Shai's idea," he continues. "(I don't even think the studio knows about it.) I hope if you're able, you'll consider joining Shai in donating. Thanks!"
The Fault in Our Stars tells the story of a 16-year-old cancer patient named Hazel who falls in love with a 17-year-old amputee named Augustus Waters. Woodley recently tweeted in reference to the hair-loss charity, "so humbled and inspired by all of you who are physically AND emotionally supporting #hairforhazel & #itgrowsback . LET'S KEEP IT GOING!"
The film is set to begin filming in Pittsburgh within the next month.

http://www.eonline.com/news/449289/...charity-before-filming-the-fault-in-our-stars

Actor Ansel Elgort has shared a photo from the set of The Fault in Our Stars in which we see he and co-star Shailene Woodley.

4LzgQ1p.jpg

http://www.hypable.com/2013/08/23/f...aign=fault-in-our-stars-movie-hazel-gus-photo

The book's author just announced that Willem Defoe has been cast as the surly recluse author Peter Van Houten.

ycFLzLZ.png

Like every girl I'm friends with had a nerdgasm when I told them this was being made into a movie... Anyone read it?

i read it last year. one of my favorite reads of the year

it was a top novel of 2012

Hmmm I might have to check it out. It's not like the traditional teenage-y romance crap, right...? RIGHT!?

Fault in Our Stars Gets Release Date

Two high profile book adaptations are currently in development by 20th Century Fox, and one of them, John Green's The Fault in our Stars will be released next summer on June 6. Meanwhile, the adaptation of James Dashner's The Maze Runner, about a group of young men who are put through a daily ritual running through a maze, has given up its February release date as 20th Century Fox has pushed it back seven months for release on September 19, 2014.

Starring Shailene Woodley, Sam Trammell and Willem Dafoe, directed by Josh Boone (Stuck in Love from a script by Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber ((500) Days of Summer), "Fault" tells the story of a teen girl with cancer who falls for a boy in her support group, who also has cancer. It's being put up against Tom Cruise's science fiction movie Edge of Tomorrow.

The Maze Runner is directed by Wes Ball from a screenplay by Dashner himself, and it stars Dylan O'Brien, Will Poulter, Kaya Scodelario, Aml Ameen, Thomas Brodie-Sangster and Patricia Clarkson. It's now going up against the family sequel Dolphin Tale 2 and the football movie When the Game Stands Tall.

Fox have also decided to release another book adaptation, The Book Thief., starring Geoffrey Rush and Emily Watson, one week earlier than planned, moving it to November 8 against Thor: the Dark World and the nationwide expansion of Richard Curtis' About Time.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=109817

I was expecting a early Fall release, but this will do.

The Fault in our Stars vs. Edge of Tomorrow on June 6th, huh.

Author John Green Says ‘almost Every Line’ of ‘Fault in Our Stars’ Dialogue Included in Film Adaptation

A key part of a book to film adaptation is just how loyal the script is to the source material.

For The Fault in Our Stars, it’s nearly identical.

In a new interview with The Pittsburgh Gazette, The Fault in Our Stars author John Green says that “almost every line of dialogue in the movie is from the book.”

He added, “It’s very, very faithful.”

Though it’s a loyal adaptation, that doesn’t mean we have Green to thank. The writer says that he stays out of the way during filming and didn’t have a part in writing the script. “Usually book writers are on the set for one or two days. I’m lucky to have a really great relationship with Josh [Boone] the director, and he’s the kind of relaxed, laid-back, confident guy who doesn’t need to worry about that stuff,” he said. “I don’t want it to be my movie. I don’t know how to direct a movie.”

Green also spoke about why fans feel it necessary to see a book brought to the big screen. “When people really love a book, what they want to see is the book come to life. They want to see the book visually, and I’m sympathetic to that desire. I felt that desire about books that I loved, I felt that about ‘Harry Potter,’ I felt that about ‘Revolutionary Road,’ I felt that about a huge variety of books.”

“But, you know, my hope is that it can be a good movie, not that it can be a good visualization of a book.”

The Fault in Our Stars is currently filming in Pittsburgh, and this past Monday Hypable got to visit the set to speak with the stars and watch them shoot. We will have a detailed report up closer to the film’s release.

http://www.hypable.com/2013/10/02/john-green-fault-in-our-stars-movie-set-report/

Willem Dafoe has been cast as Van Houten, i can't remember if it's been mentioned or not

Grear poster. Too bad the Blu-Ray cover will ruin it by inserting still images all over.

i really like that they kept the coloring for the title. it's kinda iconic to those who are big fans of the book

Shailene looked really good. :hrt:

I can't wait for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"