The Flash The Flash Season 1, Episode 3 "Things You Can't Outrun" General Discussion

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
tumblr_naxghmPx321qer8czo1_500.jpg

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/cw-primetime-listings-for-week-of.html
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 21

THE FLASH
“Things You Can’t Outrun” – (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

THE FLASH BATTLES THE MIST, CAITLIN TELLS BARRY ABOUT RONNIE — As Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team at S.T.A.R. Labs work to capture Kyle Nimbus (guest star Anthony Carrigan), a.k.a. The Mist, a dangerous new meta-human with toxic gas powers, they revisit the painful night the particle accelerator exploded and killed Caitlin’s (Danielle Panabaker) fiancé, Ronnie (guest star Robbie Amell). Meanwhile, Joe (Jesse Martin) decides to finally visit Henry (John Wesley Shipp) in jail after all these years, but things take a dangerous turn when Kyle shows up looking to punish Joe for arresting him years ago. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) and Eddie (Rick Cosnett) continue to hide their relationship from Joe. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Alison Schapker & Grainne Godfree (#103). Original airdate 10/21/2014.

The Flash 1x03 Promo

[YT]WfKIXQbr89w[/YT]

Not familiar with the villain but this looks like more good stuff! :D

Extended Promo
[YT]8jIfrbF0gOs[/YT]

We'll see a Caitlin who smiles more! Albeit in flashback.

Couldn't care LESS about Iris and her B-F...We dont have enough of 40 minutes to enjoy the villain of the week, so please focus on The Mist and his motivations about Joe instead...
Same for Joe and Henry, my dream scene of The Legendary Barry Allen of the 90s and Detective Ed Green together will be worth the price of admission alone.

Yeah, some more focus on the bag guy and their motivations will really help break up the forgettable 'villain of the week' trap.

With a prominent Starman villain showing up it would be awesome if the producers included more Starman lore in this universe in the future. Then the CW decides to greenlight a Starman series someday. Particularly one based on the 1990's comic book series.

So this is Kyle Nimbus I assume.

Good episode all the flashbacks were really good gave a lot of depth to the characters. I really liked The Mist in how they brought him to life.

How could Wells not be Zoom at this point...

What time did this show come on the air. I missed it. I thought it was coming on the air at 9:00

Where are you at? Here in the Eastern USA it's 8 pm that the show airs.

Excellent episode, Catelyn was quite likeable. If she goes the full comic book route it will be different due to her relationships with Barry and Ronnie beforehand.

Loved when Barry vibrated his face. that was awesome.

and I really like the cliffhangers they put. we're slowly learning more and more about wells.

Another awesome episode for me to add to the list! Once again loved the fun and light opening sequence, with Barry and Iris coming from the movies and him being all nerdy and excited, Iris asking about the 'Streak", and Barry running off and taking the baddie out his truck, handcuffing him, and putting him in the back of the police car, then zipping back to Iris right as she turns around.
Loved the Caitlin and Barry stuff and him covering for her and asking for her help with identifying the gas. And the backstory we got of Caitlin, and her being happy in the flashbacks with Ronnie. I also liked Barry hugging her and going down with her to the particle accelerator, and how concerned for barry she was.
Iris and Eddie, I ship it still. Loved them trying to sneak around her dad's back and Joe already figuring it out. I'm confused though since at the end Joe seems to accept Iris and Eddie are going out, but in the next episode synopsis it says he isn't talking to her because of the Eddie thing?
All in all? Another great episode. Loved the end with Barry and his dad henry, loved that barry blurred his face so his dad wouldn't recognize him, Loved him and Joe working together to free henry, and loved the Flash vs the Mist.

Really liked this one. The characters are starting to really grow on me. Joe, Barry and Wells all had me from the first episode, but over the second and third Cisco and Caitlin have gotten up there, too. Henry's awesome, too. Iris and Eddie are teetering on the precipice. I like them OK, but I'm not super attached yet (though they are both improving, so the trend is promising.)

I tend to watch shows for the characters, and pretty much the whole cast is somewhere between passable and phenomenal, and all of them have been better from one episode to the next. Even the villains are getting better (at least they're surviving, now).

10/10 from me.

P.S. Robbie looks disconcertingly similar to his cousin. If we end up with scenes of Firestorm and Arrow together it's gonna get weird.

Love this show and this episode was awesome. Can't wait to see how the Wells character evolves and who he really is. Didn't like Caitlin at first either but she's growing on me. Really hope that one of Flash's major villains shows up soon, would like to see Captain Cold, Mirror Master, or Captain Boomerang.

This show airs at the same time as Agents of Shield for me, which has been annoying because I'd prefer to watch both as they air, but I think I'm going to stop watching AoS now because that show just isn't as good as this one. The Flash just has more "feels" than AoS could ever dream up. :p

I just hope that we have one big villain that remains constant throughout the SERIES....
1 Supervillain that is there through the series
1 Supervillain per season
and the freak of the week... That should give the show ENOUGH material to do each episode as unique and develop the characters bit by bit... If they plan it like that we will NOT get after stories that feel like we are extending the show. Kinda like Smallville did after a while.

I thought this one was a cut above last week.

I was against continuous flashbacks in the show,but they worked fine here.They never got around to what happened to Ronnie's body.Did they recover it?How did Wells get "paralyzed" too?Did he have a doctor that's his conspirator?

Don't know much about the Mist,but he was cool.I wondered why Flash didn't try to contain him as a mist or try to dissipate him.But it's cool that we have an evil meta-human prison to keep these guys now.

Iris sub-plot is still more or less a waste of time.It's sorta like Laurel in the respect that she is being kept outside the main story.

I don't know that it's intentional,but Caitlin's story with Ronnie kinda recalled Tina losing her husband in the original show.(Which,for the record,I always figured he would return-had the series lasted.:csad:)

Joe's scene with Henry in the prison was excellent.Both actors really nailed it.

What will it take to have him called "Flash"?I thought Barry would come up with it on his own.

I'm glad they confronted the question of why wouldn't Barry just break his dad out of prison?Who's to stop him?Who's to blame him?They didn't really spend a whole lot of time on it,but at least they addressed it.

One gripe: He didn't get in costume for the whole first half.They coulda let him catch the crooks in costume.:shrug:
All in all,very nice indeed!9/10

Totally totally loving this show!!
and totally agree the vibrating of his face so his dad didnt notice was so freaking cool! love when Caitiln made mention of her and Ronnie being like "fire and Ice!" oh and
FIRESTORM's a coming!!
Freaking cant wait!!:applaud

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"