The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 16 "Trajectory"

Nice episode. Good way to start things off after the hiatus. They made some great progress on the Zoom storyline by having the whole team find out about Zoom's real identity. I'm glad they got that moving right away.

Trajectory was a lot of fun. She was crazy and dangerous, and yet you had to feel sorry for her as well. Her final scene was actually pretty haunting. The actress did a nice job as the personalities of both Trajectory and her alter ego Eliza Harmon.

It was also very nice to see the team in a casual atmosphere when they were hanging out at the club. Those casual, friendly moments are always welcome.

Trajectory was hot. Barry running off to yell at the sky was goofy. People yelling at the sky in films or tv shows always seems a little silly.

Opal city!

This actually reminded me of the Big Bang Theory episode where Sheldon ran to the Grand Canyon as The Flash to yell about Leonard adjusting the thermometer. :hehe:

Actually, Jessie's problem is that Harrison DID kill someone. As he recorded that voice message after he killed turtle and stole his brain goo.

Her father literally turned into a killer trying to get her back, and unless you're Liam Neeson's daughter, you would normally be phased by that.

Does Jessie know her dad killed Turtle though?

He admitted that he killed someone, if not the specific person. Jesse's problem was not that her dad wanted to save her. Its that he was doing horrible, horrible things, that could mean very bad things for a lot of people, in order to save her.

In a nut shell, Harrison considers Jesse's life to be the most important thing in the world. *Jesse*, by contrast, thinks there are things more important than her own life. Which, in a nut shell, means I hope she becomes a speedster, because the setting can use more people with that kind of heroic spirit.

The best part of the episode was that annoying Trajectory disentagrating. The episode was ok, i like they put the Zoom angle together and it wasn't dragged out.

Why is that canyon/waterfall so significant? I understand how speed-leaping came into play for the chase of Trajectory, but early on...?
also it looks as if she was portrayed as having a split personality. This was never addressed, the origins of that.

Why is that canyon/waterfall so significant? I understand how speed-leaping came into play for the chase of Trajectory, but early on...?
also it looks as if she was portrayed as having a split personality. This was never addressed, the origins of that.

I think it was inferred that the V9 caused it.

And that leads me to believe the same happened to Jay. Velocity caused a split personality and, possibly, a real split between the two due to the wormhole opening.

I wonder if the wormhole pulled out Garrick as he was and his Velocity alter ego was what was left behind. Zoom is Jay's dark side that comes out due to Velocity.

I think it was inferred that the V9 caused it.

And that leads me to believe the same happened to Jay. Velocity caused a split personality and, possibly, a real split between the two due to the wormhole opening.

I wonder if the wormhole pulled out Garrick as he was and his Velocity alter ego was what was left behind. Zoom is Jay's dark side that comes out due to Velocity.

This is what I believe too, which makes trajectory very important to the overall story. I don't think she's dead by the way, she could of become one with the speed force.

I think the episode did well; considering it managed to give almost all the regulars (except Joe) a plot-relevant role in the week's episode.

Also, I suspect the show deliberately left Trajectory's fate ambiguous to keep their options open about the possibility of her coming back again in a future episode.

No poll?
I did not recognize the character, so I had to wiki her, and she only appears in 3 issues of Count Down to Final Crisis, a series I did not read in full.
Apparently, she was a victim of one of Lex Luthor's experiments.

So about this episode, I will only comment on the ending and say Barry going near a natural water source to express frustration is akin to what he did in one issue of his trial arc.

This is what I believe too, which makes trajectory very important to the overall story. I don't think she's dead by the way, she could of become one with the speed force.
the actress even sai8d it's possible and she hope she's still alive.
page :2

from here
oh and this was what alison page said in an interview

Comic Book Resources

11 hrs ·

Allison Paige moves from Salem to National City as "The Flash's' new speedster, Trajectory!

Allison Paige Sprints Into Action as "The Flash's" First Female Speedster
The "Days of Our Lives" veteran explains to CBR what went into bringing the fleet-footed Trajectory to life as Central City's newest threat.

Winter has a knack for action sequences. Did he really push you in that department?
Glen likes to have things at a certain angle, and he likes to push the intensity and the stakes. He really likes strong stakes, so it's, "More, more, more!" He expected a lot from me. And the technical part of it -- He has very specific angles for camera purposes where he needs things to be held, or placement of the head, or placement of the body. You have to remember those things as an actor and still emote what you are trying to get across in the scene. That was challenging, but a great learning experience.
What does the Flash learn from his encounter with Trajectory?
Paige hopes the door remains open for Trajectory to return to "The Flash"

The Flash learns to not judge a book by itscover. Sometimes there are deeper meanings. The Flash does have such a good heart in that he does want to really, truly help everyone. Even the ones that may seem like a bad egg, he wants to help.
Also, he learns about himself and his abilities and what he is capable of. She pushes him and his abilities a bit. He definitely discovers some inner strength about himself from Trajectory.
The Flash could definitely use another ally in his corner. Did they leave the door open for more from Trajectory?

You know, in this world, the door can always be opened or closed. I can't predict anything. People you think you'll never see again, you see again. I sure hope to see Trajectory again. That's the nice thing about this comic book world; you may think someone is gone, and then they come back. You never know. The door is always swinging.

Trajectory makes her "The Flash" debut Tuesday, March 22 at 8 pm EST on The CW.
Discuss this story in CBR's TV/Film forum. | 5 Comments

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

As I put up in this thread already Plus there's no body . though she's nakeder the dr. light Linda park in earth one. It happened with sara from,legends of tomorrow twice in arrow before thea killed via her dad Malcolm and with Ronnie Raymond once when he was thought to have disinterested and it's happened in other shows like with willam boon of earth final conflict which he was the protagonist and was replaces Liam Kincaid a superhuman/ alien cross bread sliders (the show about exploring the multiverse before fringe and this show) with Quinn Malory lot of show's have done this.

Last edited:
I know as they should have returned from their hiatus last week.

I think they would still be a week behind, because next week's Flash (which airs a day after Supergirl) doesn't set up the crossover either apparently. It's the April 5th episode which does. So it needed to really come back 2 weeks ago.

Also I wonder if Trajectory developing a split personality is an explanation of what happened to Jay/ Zoom rather than there being twins or multi verse doppelgangers. Maybe it's a further progression of the problem where he has split into two somehow.

So the Zolomon we saw on the park bench could've been Jay split into two, with the other one not doing very much.

I think that was just to give Barry his Shatner/Wrath of Khan moment.:cwink:

They've had the helmet all this time, and Cisco has also been around Jay. How come he has never vibed about him being Zoom all these months? It's only now that he's gone that he conveniently vibes and figures out he is Zoom. Shouldn't the feeling have been stronger before when he was actually there?

They've had the helmet all this time, and Cisco has also been around Jay. How come he has never vibed about him being Zoom all these months? It's only now that he's gone that he conveniently vibes and figures out he is Zoom. Shouldn't the feeling have been stronger before when he was actually there?

Wells already explained in the first half of the season that for Cisco to vibe his adrenaline needs to be pumping. The frequency emitted from the his visor increases his adrenaline and he can vibe consciously. When he vibed on Jay's helmet Trajectory took shot at him with Joe's pistol. His adrenaline spiked and now it all makes sense. You just have to pay attention to the show.

The Velocity 9 reveal was great for the storyline. Explains why Zoom needs Barry's speed and why he's so homicidal.

Something has been bugging me about the waterfall location, it looked familiar. I will haveto see if I have a few episodes back on demand to verify but...

Was the waterfall location of this episode in E1 the same location/area as Zoom's hideout in E2?

Something has been bugging me about the waterfall location, it looked familiar. I will haveto see if I have a few episodes back on demand to verify but...

Was the waterfall location of this episode in E1 the same location/area as Zoom's hideout in E2?

I had thought the same thing. Seemed familiar and Zoom's E2 hideout was first thing that came to mind.

So did Caitlin inadvertently create Zoom by giving Jay the Velocity 9? Is it specifically Velocity 9 that makes a person unstable, or can the earlier versions (6,7 or 8) make a person unhinged as well?

Is Zoom a future version of Jay who took the Velocity 9 to gain speed?

Why wouldn't Jay have disintegrated into nothing like Trajectory?

Jay mentioned before that he could never beat Zoom in a fight. Maybe it's in the same way that Eliza Harmon kept losing to her Trajectory persona and giving into the evil, like Jekyll and Hyde where Jekyll kept losing himself to Hyde. Maybe Jay's fight was with his evil nature and personality, not with a separate person, until it eventually did become a separate person perhaps?

It was creepy the way trajectory died. But I can't be leave she was faster than Barry

Loved the episode! I am sad to see Jesse Quick go, she's always been a favorite of mine from the comics.

I wonder if she will have any side effects from being injected with the V9, I thought we might see her become a speedster during the episode after she took the drug

Loved the episode! I am sad to see Jesse Quick go, she's always been a favorite of mine from the comics.

I wonder if she will have any side effects from being injected with the V9, I thought we might see her become a speedster during the episode after she took the drug

It is the perfect setup for a spin-off show called Jesse Quick: The Fastest Woman Alive. A show based in the fictional Opal city, where a woman is thrust into the life of a superhero, where she is aided by a team comprised of a cop, a scientist or two, and a hacker of course.

So did Caitlin inadvertently create Zoom by giving Jay the Velocity 9? Is it specifically Velocity 9 that makes a person unstable, or can the earlier versions (6,7 or 8) make a person unhinged as well?

Is Zoom a future version of Jay who took the Velocity 9 to gain speed?

Why wouldn't Jay have disintegrated into nothing like Trajectory?

Jay mentioned before that he could never beat Zoom in a fight. Maybe it's in the same way that Eliza Harmon kept losing to her Trajectory persona and giving into the evil, like Jekyll and Hyde where Jekyll kept losing himself to Hyde. Maybe Jay's fight was with his evil nature and personality, not with a separate person, until it eventually did become a separate person perhaps?
he said he took 6 and what caitlin research with trajectory with out telling her is was 6

But Caitlin made 8 and 9 with in the show which was when she told Jay the last one "9' was restoring HIS CELLS and curing him in the episode when zoom took him way.

But when she told barry this week about it she made the weird contradiction's that is was all always velocity 9 that was killing Jay.

so it was really some messed details from the writers on the show or caitlin doesn't know what she's talking about any more when talking about the details of the serum where Jay is involved .

Any way the characters with in the show don't know any thing about the split personality and that was that weird thing with Cisco as he said ad thy show he was vibing all day when caitlin near the helmet touching the glass and then when trajectory had the gun on them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"