• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Flash SPOILER Discussion Thread (No Spoiler Tags Required)

Yeah again that’s you. I’m not here to tell you that you’re wrong for what you feel or think as I would hope you wouldn’t me on my thoughts . Right ? I mean we all just come here to unpack what we saw in the theater. I loved it and thought it was a great nod to what came before and loved seeing him along side the supergirl from the original supergirl movie. I thought it was great just as I loved seeing Keaton back in action and Nicholas cage as Superman. Not really sure what’s not to understand about it, but to each his own

I didn't so much mind the concept of "Christopher Reeve" showing up but I think it was the wrong call to CGI him. They have a ton of B-roll footage of him I'm sure from the 70s/80s that I feel like they could've used instead to just somehow make it seem like he sees Barry. It's not like they needed him to talk or do anything more.

My audience cheered when George Clooney showed up but was silent when Gal Gadot popped up in another unless scene.

So question. I don't think I get the Spaghetti explanation in relation to the timelines.

Are we to assume that the Keaton/Burton Batman universe never had a Superman because the infant never made it to Earth and that Keaton Batman is supposed to be killed by Zod no matter what? Or did Zod/Supergirl only show up in Keaton's universe because Barry's interference converged the two timelines?

So question. I don't think I get the Spaghetti explanation in relation to the timelines.

Are we to assume that the Keaton/Burton Batman universe never had a Superman because the infant never made it to Earth and that Keaton Batman is supposed to be killed by Zod no matter what? Or did Zod/Supergirl only show up in Keaton's universe because Barry's interference converged the two timelines?
A wizard did it

Yes i believe keaton never had a superman but barry mixed a bunch of timelines together causing them to coexist because even if we were to assume that keaton had a superman why would it be the mos version with mos zod it'd make more sense for it to be nic cage since that was burtons unmade superman

Here's a question, how was Zod's blade powerful enough to penetrate Supergirl who'se powered by the sun like Kal -El? Are we to assume its some kind of kryptonite blade? If so, would that not be poison to Zod then? I would think Kara would be strong enough to take that.

I stand by that wasn't Burton's Keaton... this was an alternate Keaton Bats.

We don't see a photo of Michael Gough as Alfred, so.

He was too different. Think more JJJ from Tobey to Holland.

Well it definitely wasnt Burton's gothic world, thats for sure.

It's magic! We don't need to explain it!

I stand by that wasn't Burton's Keaton... this was an alternate Keaton Bats.

We don't see a photo of Michael Gough as Alfred, so.

He was too different. Think more JJJ from Tobey to Holland.

I think that's a fair take. Personally I like to think that Burton Batman actually made Gotham the safest city, but I have no idea what to make of his fate after Barry goes back to his "own timeline".

In fact, I think I would've liked a quick check in scene of Keaton and Kara safe in their own worlds but that may have been too much of a mess to deal with in this film.

RIP to the writing of this movie, especially when Bruce simply says “pass” to helping Barry — only to join in helping him two minutes later...

Are you unaware of the current writer's strike, the potential DGA and SAG strikes, how A.I. is involved, and why?
Hold up. Didn't they already make a deal with the DGA? And I'd doubt there'd be a SAG strike. Actors are far too anemic to do that.

You have a point about AI, though.

Hold up. Didn't they already make a deal with the DGA? And I'd doubt there'd be a SAG strike. Actors are far too anemic to do that.

You have a point about AI, though.
DGA are still voting. SAG has authorized strike action at over 90%. There is still hope.

Only 7 percent of the audience was women under 25. The Ezra effect.

Oddly, this movie made me feel nostalgic for Snyder.

And, the only time I felt the comedy was working was in the apartment scene with the stoner roommates.

Given that No Way Home got away with using recycled footage of Sandman from Spider-Man 3, I don’t understand why the same wasn’t completed for the end cameos? Especially since the actors/characters were non-speaking/standing there. Just enhance footage from the released films and add digital backgrounds / lens flares to mask any shoddiness. Easier said than done, of course, and all respect to the artists working on the visual effects, but there has to be a better way to get the same affect.

Personally, I would have dropped Nic Cage in favor of Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, and added a few more Bat cameos—that’s where Clooney should have figured in, with Kilmer too. It really could have been a love letter to DC films, but they really bungled it IMO

Given that No Way Home got away with using recycled footage of Sandman from Spider-Man 3, I don’t understand why the same wasn’t completed for the end cameos? Especially since the actors/characters were non-speaking/standing there. Just enhance footage from the released films and add digital backgrounds / lens flares to mask any shoddiness. Easier said than done, of course, and all respect to the artists working on the visual effects, but there has to be a better way to get the same affect.

Personally, I would have dropped Nic Cage in favor of Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, and added a few more Bat cameos—that’s where Clooney should have figured in, with Kilmer too. It really could have been a love letter to DC films, but they really bungled it IMO
Especially when SUPERMAN was shot on film and has had numerous restorations.

The FACT that NOBODY asked 'then who killed Nora' was absolutely outrageous.

I think there was a way to make Dark Flash responsible and tie those two stories together—treat him like Miguel O’Hara in Spider-Verse but the movie didn’t seem interested in addressing that plot hole at all…

It's a hand wavy explanation, but I get it. Essentially Barry's changing the past didn't effect time from just the point he changed onward. The ripples went backwards and forward in time, thus changing events from before that moment and after that moment, which created an entirely new universe that spawned off from that moment Barry changed (that was the point the 2 timeliness were connected). As for why we had old and new universe elements sandwiched on each other, the real answer is nostalgia, lol. But I guess it's possible this timeline rubbed up against other universes and such as well.

So I did end up seeing it. The ending is interesting and at the same time baffling.
It's interesting in that the dark Flash reveal is pretty great and the resolution to the conflict (young Barry sacrifices himself and Barry learns to let go) is not what you would exactly expect from a blockbuster like this.
On the other hand, the ending is not really a crowd-pleaser. The whole Keaton Batman and Supergirl story ends miserably and has a "it was all a dream" feel to it by the end. In the original ending Supergirl and Keaton Batman would have showed up in Barry's present which would have been a more feel-good ending.
And then dropping in Clooney at the end is bizarre especially as this is essentially the end of the DCEU. None of this will ever get resolved.

Gordon saying 'I'm sorry, Harvey. For everything. But, please. Please don't hurt him.' has so much more impact, pain, and gravitas than any "blue beam/speed force/alien invasion" will ever have.

It is, and probably will always be, the greatest comic book movie ever made, because so few other film makers would bring everything down - in such a huge movie - to such small, but incredibly important stakes. The one thing Nolan understands probably better than anyone else at the moment is it's always the human moments that matter most. Spielberg knew that too.

Somewhere along the line, Hollywood decided all superhero movies have to be big, bigger, biggest. Especially the climax. That's the thing audiences are getting the most tired of, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"