The Spoiler Discussion Thread (MAJOR SPOILERS...DUH.)

The only other hero I’d care to see appear is Batman, and since Batwoman likely has first dibs, I’m not holding my breath. :o

I mean, I DO want to see Kara show up at some point. Some of the best Super stories involve both Kryptonians, and their relationship is a joy. This is the first time they've had a chance to really explore that onscreen, and I hope they take advantage of it. I think she's generally a more important part of Clark's life and world than Batman is. But there's absolutely no reason she needed to be in the pilot.

Well another issue might also be on where in the Arrowverse timeline does this take place? I mean if this show is supposed to be set in the future, like how "Green Arrow and the Canaries" is, then that might limit on who can show up.

I don't think it's far into the future.

Had this been 10-20 years ago, I would have felt the same.

However, the character has experienced quite a slump lately (imho). Plus, Tyler's Superman has been seen a "special guest star" for his entire run so giving him that extra push via a cameo from Melissa's established Supergirl would help. And if I am not mistaken, isnt this show is technically a spinoff from "Supergirl?

Even if it is, he still doesn’t need Supergirl or anyone else to appear.

So based on the recent information provided by "Batwoman" and "The Flash", shouldn't Captain Lex be automatically incinerated if he is from another Earth?

So based on the recent information provided by "Batwoman" and "The Flash", shouldn't Captain Lex be automatically incinerated if he is from another Earth?

I hope so as this should lead to a possible Infinite Luthor storyline from the Wal-Mart Crisis special.

I wonder if Lex Luthor’s fate been changed at the end of the latest season of Supergirl changes the Superman & Lois pilot in anyway given the reveal at the end :hmm

I think not, Supergirl will want it
keep on your series but hopefully I'm wrong.

I firmly believe that's why Reverse Flash was left out of Crisis on Infinite Earths. Helbing already knew he was gonna be making this show and had an idea of what he wanted to do with that tease.

If so, I much prefer it that way, because the single show crossovers are always better than the big group ones, from both story and character standpoints, imo.

With the series on the way and Gustin desire to have superman on his show, we are closer than ever ...

I firmly believe that's why Reverse Flash was left out of Crisis on Infinite Earths. Helbing already knew he was gonna be making this show and had an idea of what he wanted to do with that tease.

If so, I much prefer it that way, because the single show crossovers are always better than the big group ones, from both story and character standpoints, imo.

Do you both think we’re definitely gonna get a pay off for that then?

I think so, but it will take a while, they will develop the series first, but it depends how many episodes it has, I think it could be at the end of the first season.

The only other hero I’d care to see appear is Batman, and since Batwoman likely has first dibs, I’m not holding my breath. :o
I don't want Batman or any other hero appearing for a good while. Superman has been a supporting act for too long

So my interest has slightly grown for this show. I hope we get more than one trailer though because those two aren't enough to make a good impression. The CW has never been known for making great trailers ON OCCASION, they can make fantastic trailers. They're trailers are fine for the most part, but nothing compared to the trailers The WB used to make for Smallville.

This show isn't getting enough promotion and February is just around the corner. I don't remember promos for Arrow because I didn't start watching the show until season 3 aired, but I remember seeing all the promos for The Flash, and they did a really good job at marketing the series. I have to admit their 'general' trailers for the series were overall lame. The "Yeah, this is ground zero for pretty messed up." There was nothing inspiring about that trailer. Sigh.

I want to be excited for...well, Superman. The final shot of the trailer of just Clark smiling doesn't really scream this will be action-packed. If anything it looks more melodramatic than anything else.

I'm am interested in what tone they're supposedly going for though. I hope to God it won't be a corn fest like Supergirl. The look of this series looks practically like a movie. The master shots look more like a film too, as opposed to a TV show. Must be using a different camera. So is it true that this show and all the current CW shows are getting a bigger budget?

Tbh I’m only expecting a 30 second promo the week before now, it’s not often we get long trailers for TV shows.

I don’t think they need to do lots of promotion so early, when a TV show is coming you do it the week leading up to it otherwise people just forget.

The CW has done a number of special long trailers for their DC shows from time to time. 2 minutes at longest maybe. To be fair, despite what I said before, the CW has made some solid trailers, so I am hoping they give us at least a 2-minute long trailer. My fear is starting rise though. I feel like we're back in the Smallville CW years. When most of Smallville's trailers were 20 seconds long (probably because they had no money?)

I’ve read the pilot script and this show is going to be set in Smallville going forward. But that’s set up with damn good reasoning as to why. I’m sure we’ll see Metropolis from time to time though. This show is set in a period in Superman’s life that we haven’t seen before in live action so I think we’ll be getting flashbacks from time to time depending on the story been told as we do in the pilot.

flashbacks that will be over a 20 year period will enable full 'Superman' flashbacks as Superman. thats a wow. Also-and this is being picky-how long can this show go? if the sons are 14 in 5 years 19 year old college students? Just wondering

flashbacks that will be over a 20 year period will enable full 'Superman' flashbacks as Superman. thats a wow. Also-and this is being picky-how long can this show go? if the sons are 14 in 5 years 19 year old college students? Just wondering

The show is called Superman & Lois. The kids can graduate and move away and it'll be ok. But i think we all know that they'll likely suit up, one will probably turn evil.

More Year 1 flashbacks are coming
183384380_10158717120108937_7486814001008498050_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"