The Leaks and Spoilers discussion (*MAJOR SPOILER WARNING*)

Thanks.

Why send Jon to the wall? The wall isn't needed anymore, and it's a ruin. Oh well

They something like... "there will always need to be a place for bastards and such. But it doesn't matter, because it's highly alluded at the end that Jon didn't stay at the wall, and is actually the new King Beyond the Wall.

I can't buy into a lot of the resolutions for this episode. They came way too easy considering everything that happened.
It's how I feel. It's like it's the calm before the real storm comes. I also heard there were leaks about Jon coming across another pile of bodies stacked by White Walkers, but it never appeared in this episode.

I can't help but feel some of these successors are going to be continuation stories or something.

Also David Benioff, don't say the Dohtraki have been annihilated when we basically see thousands in the next few episodes.

Maybe she lost half, but there were clearly still thousands left.

You mean to tell me she actually lost half of her Unsullied? Bull****!

Oh... that "council".... just wow.
Who else were they going to invite? Those are the highest ranking leaders left in Westeros. And besides Robin and Edmure (whose immediate attempt to nominate himself as king was perfection, in my opinion) and the nameless prince of Dorne we know nothing about, they are all competent and experienced.

And Bronn, Tyrion, Davos and Brienne are a pretty great start for a Small Counsel, so I wouldn't say they're doing half bad.

Who else were they going to invite? Those are the highest ranking leaders left in Westeros. And besides Robin and Edmure (whose immediate attempt to nominate himself as king was perfection, in my opinion) and the nameless prince of Dorne we know nothing about, they are all competent and experienced.

And Bronn, Tyrion, Davos and Brienne are a pretty great start for a Small Counsel, so I wouldn't say they're doing half bad.
It was nice to see that Edmure Tully is still alive. I remember after the Frey wipe out, people were wondering what happened to him. Funnier still, nobody really knows who took the Frey's out, and it seems no one bothered to spread the word that someone from the North was the one who did it.

Even if he did kill Dany, he is still the real heir to be king. His family just forgot to mention it again during council, huh? Eh, at least Jon left his post and most likely take up with a wild lady, going on hunts with Ghost and his best redheaded pal, better than nothing. lol

D6_ComKXYAEIffb.jpg

So the dragon flies off with Dany and somehow everyone knows John murdered her?

WHAT?!

Haven't got much to say other than I actually feel strangely relieved it's over.

Yeah, at the moment im just glad its over...which is sad considering it.
You should never feel relieved or glad that a show ends, but it shows how bad it has turned.

Either way, i think for a TV series finale it was okay...not dexter of lost levels of bad...so there is that.
For GOT standards of course pretty crappy but it is what it is on that front.

Have to digest alot before i can make points or so...but since its over i noticed shockingly how little character moments there were in season 8, there is nothing that really stuck with me at the moment...at least nothing good.
Brienne crying like a baby isnt a good thing to remember about a character.

Have to digest alot before i can make points or so...but since its over i noticed shockingly how little character moments there were in season 8, there is nothing that really stuck with me at the moment...at least nothing good.
Brienne crying like a baby isnt a good thing to remember about a character.

I thought the Sansa/Dany meeting scene was really good.
The Knighting Scene.
Basically all of 802 was very serviceable, and everything with Brienne was pretty good IMO.

It's funny that the leak about this last episode turned out to be true. When I read it, I said to someone on this board that if that's what happens, it would be the worst ending possible so of course that means it probably is true. Ugh. You know, I held out hope to the end that they might turn it around a LITTLE bit in this final episode and actually redeem themselves, but nah. Jon continues being a moping fool who does the "right" thing in the most cowardly way possible and then gets sent back to the Night's Watch to protect the realm against nothing. Sansa gets the North because she's SUCH a great ruler because she umm... had the Knights of the Vale on speed dial during the Battle of the Bastards and didn't trust Dany. Arya goes and becomes the new Yara because the old Yara proved to be as useless as Bran. And Bran gets the throne because he's useless at anything else, I guess. But hey, Robin went through puberty and Dorne has a king now and that old guy whose name no one even knows is still alive, so... yay? Oh, and Edmure isn't dead, in case you cared. It's true that this wasn't the worst finale of all time but it definitely is the most disappointing. But the entire season was bad from start to finish. The only episode that really felt worthwhile was the second one.

By them going north of The Wall into the woods at the end, I had the impression there's not really a Night's Watch anymore. Bran might have used that as an official story to make Grey Worm think Jon is being punished (and maybe he was, he didn't look too enthusiastic about being sent back there, but does Jon ever really look enthusiastic about anything?), but I think they're just living free up there with the wildlings and Jon is de facto King North of The Wall like Mance Rayder was.

Yeah, the impression I got was that Jon is the new King Beyond the Wall, which isn't horrible. But feel like someone should have at least addressed that there was no need for a Night's Watch anymore, and Bran could have said something like, "The White Walkers are never really gone; they were defeated once and came back again" or something to that effect.

When they were all riding into the woods at the end, I almost kinda wanted them to find another of the spirals the White Walkers made.

Yeah. I wanted something to indicate that the walkers were still out there somewhere. Like one of the wildlings following Jon turns to the camera and you can see their blue eyes. It would have been a little cheesy but it would have at least been something interesting after 90 minutes of meh.

By them going north of The Wall into the woods at the end, I had the impression there's not really a Night's Watch anymore. Bran might have used that as an official story to make Grey Worm think Jon is being punished (and maybe he was, he didn't look too enthusiastic about being sent back there, but does Jon ever really look enthusiastic about anything?), but I think they're just living free up there with the wildlings and Jon is de facto King North of The Wall like Mance Rayder was.

Same here. I don't think Bran is going to truly mess his brother over like that. Deny him meeting a woman and possibly having kids. He's King of the North Wall like Mance as you said. I felt happy for him. He never truly wanted to get involved with all the political bs and power struggle. I think he's going to be at peace.

So the dragon flies off with Dany and somehow everyone knows John murdered her?

WHAT?!
If i remember correctly, when Tyrion was speaking to Jon he mentioned how Jon had confessed to killing Dany. I have to rewatch to confirm 100% though.

That was my take on it too. They "punished" Jon sending him to the wall just to shut stupid Grey Worm up lol. Truth is they were just going to let Jon ride north, something i think he was happy with, since he didnt really want to be king. I think by the end Jon had enough and had been through enough to just want to go away from everything and everyone.

Jon was definitely staying north of the wall, probably as others have said becoming King of the North or for Sansa's sake King North of the Wall.
As a confirmed dog lover....Nice to see him happy to be with Ghost.
My guilty pleasure and admittedly cheesy ending for Jon would be.......
While Jon is riding beside Thormund after emerging from the wall, a wilding woman walks past them. She bears a strong resemblance to Ygritte. Jon glances at her and then gives a somewhat puzzled look to Thormund. Thormund leans over and grumbles...."Her cousin."

Is it just me or did Ghost look like he lost more of his ear since the last time we saw him?

I've never been more disappointed in a television show than I have for this season of Game of Thrones. While there were a few highlights the season was plagued with sloppy writing and horrible treatment of characters, resulting in what every one just witnessed last night. The only thing comparable I can think of is Lost, but at least I will give Lost some credit in that I don't think there was ever a master plan, they certainly had to deal with the writer's strike of 2008.

I'm not even here to complain about the fates of the individual characters, in fact, a lot of it actually made sense to me. The problem is the writing is so horrid that it never takes the characters from where they are at the end of the sack of King's Landing, to where they end up after the council meeting. Most notably Grey Worm and Tyrion the situation there is dealt with horribly, and the fact that Jon's family never mentions his heritage.

Because we don't know what Martin had planned, although we can guess due to both the direction the books were heading and differences already drawn out, and because of things Martin himself has said, it's very hard for me to judge this ending too harshly. The endings of the main characters may very well indeed be what Martin intended, and as I said I don't really have a problem with that part of it. The biggest issue to me is the sloppy ending makes the conclusion look sloppy. I think there were better ways to write the ending that they wanted, and they certainly could have left out plot points that were pointless and served no purpose.

I was talking with a friend at work saying how absolutely terrible it was for D&D to want to be done with this so they can go write some terrible Star Wars spinoff that no one is really asking for. They were given something that will go down as one of the most unique and fascinating looks of the fantasy genre. What Tolkein set precedence for and had been copied ad infinitum Martin reinvented and these two clowns just took it and flushed it down the toilet. There were many great and amazing things with GoT but it's going to be hard for me to remember the amazing parts without remembering the dumpster fire we saw last night.

So, now the watch had ended. I had no stake in this after episode 3, so the final episode didn't really do anything for me. I suppose Jon going North of the wall to presumably be King Beyond The Wall is sufficient. Better than being at the Night's Watch. It's done, and
getting here was a long disappointing road. So yeah, whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"