The Spoiler Discussion Thread (MAJOR SPOILERS...DUH.)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Any discussion in this thread may be done without spoiler tags. Spoil away!

So, based on the script review, it’s mostly set in Smallville, right? Kinda funny because didn’t some Arrowverse characters move to Metropolis? I guess that’s one way to avoid too many crossovers. :funny:

Yep, the premise of the series that the pilot sets up appears to be set in Smallville, which was surprising.

Well I guess this means that we won't be seeing Clark and Lois running into Diggle and Lyla any time soon.

I'm still wondering if this show takes place within the present day or if we actually jump a few years into the future.

Diggle and Lyla could appear in the 1st season down the line.

The pilot is a good start, but it's the rest of the season that's the true test.

So, based on the script review, it’s mostly set in Smallville, right? Kinda funny because didn’t some Arrowverse characters move to Metropolis? I guess that’s one way to avoid too many crossovers. :funny:

I’ve read the pilot script and this show is going to be set in Smallville going forward. But that’s set up with damn good reasoning as to why. I’m sure we’ll see Metropolis from time to time though. This show is set in a period in Superman’s life that we haven’t seen before in live action so I think we’ll be getting flashbacks from time to time depending on the story been told as we do in the pilot.

I think Superman and Lois may replace Arrow in terms of flashbacks, where we see Superman's time in Metropolis and the present with him raising Jon and Jordan Kent in Smallville.

As long as they don't make it an obligatory part of the episode formula like Arrow did. That got annoying and forced REAL fast, imo.

Yeah, some flashbacks of his life leading up to when the show takes place would be appreciated, I really want to see Hoechlin's Clark interacting with his co-workers at the DP and his early dynamic with Lois. But don't do them so often that the novelty wears off.

At the end of the day, they're still filming in and around Vancouver, so jaunts and flashbacks to Metropolis on the regular should be no real challenge from a production standpoint.

I am so excited for this and am hoping for some serious Tomasi vibes with Clark, Lois, and Jonathan. That was sooooo fresh and wonderfully uplifting. (Curse you Bendis!!)

Btw, was anyone else surprised that there was no Supergirl cameo in the pilot? You would think that they would sneak her in there like the producers did with Green Arrow in Flash's pilot to get that extra boost in viewership.

Yeah but I think they just had so much they were trying to cram into this pilot there simply wasn’t time. I’ll be surprised if she doesn’t cameo fairly early on in the season.

I'm glad no one from Supergirl appears in the pilot because Superman doesn't need anybody with his star power to boost his show.

Are the credits here exactly like the one that leaked?

Are the credits here exactly like the one that leaked?

The writing credits are the same (as is the font/formatting), but the director on the leaked version was "TBD." So yeah, this is a newer version.

Also, underwhelmed with this director choice, tbh. Hopefully he'll surprise me.

The writing credits are the same (as is the font/formatting), but the director on the leaked version was "TBD." So yeah, this is a newer version.

Also, underwhelmed with this director choice, tbh. Hopefully he'll surprise me.

I figured it’s the same. I IMDB-ed the director and it looks like he hasn’t directed an Arrowverse ep yet but has directed a couple of CW shows.

Yeah, I was going through his credits and he has done a pretty healthy variety of pilots, including The Deadly Class, which at least had some action and style, so I won't count him out just yet. But nothing on his resume says "Superman" to me. But we'll see.

I hope they haven’t changed the script too much.

I hope so as well seeing that the leaked version was the studio draft or first draft. They always go through rewrites, but I'm hoping they don't take out the essential stuff related to Superman.

As for the director of the pilot, I understand he directed Riverdale.

I'm glad no one from Supergirl appears in the pilot because Superman doesn't need anybody with his star power to boost his show.

Had this been 10-20 years ago, I would have felt the same.

However, the character has experienced quite a slump lately (imho). Plus, Tyler's Superman has been seen a "special guest star" for his entire run so giving him that extra push via a cameo from Melissa's established Supergirl would help. And if I am not mistaken, isnt this show is technically a spinoff from "Supergirl?

Having read the script it really doesn’t need or warrant a guest appearance from Supergirl or any other hero for that matter. It also does a great job showing what a big deal Superman is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"