Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

Assuming that S4 premiers later this fall, I wonder if they'll spread the episodes over so that the final episode airs early next year.

Personally, I wouldn't be against having a special sneak peek of Superman:Legacy attached to one of the later episodes. I still remember when they had premiered the first teaser for SR on TV during an episode of Smallville (Season 5).

Assuming that S4 premiers later this fall, I wonder if they'll spread the episodes over so that the final episode airs early next year.

Personally, I wouldn't be against having a special sneak peek of Superman:Legacy attached to one of the later episodes. I still remember when they had premiered the first teaser for SR on TV during an episode of Smallville (Season 5).
I would be fine with that too. A Superman show is obviously a good place to advertise, especially a very good Superman show.

I would be fine with that too. A Superman show is obviously a good place to advertise, especially a very good Superman show.

On a network that barely brings in 800k in viewers and probably cant afford a commercial...i dont know if its the best place to promote lol

Looks like David Giuntoli is directing episode 3.

Back in fan casting days for Man of Steel, he was actually one of my picks for Superman/Clark Kent. Maybe not quite tall enough at 5"10 but I thought facially, and with some muscle on, he would have been a decent choice back in his 30s.

1707222612700.png

Fall (not summer) release date for final season.

As for Superman & Lois, Schwartz argued that the final season would be “wasted” in the summer, as he believes it will rival the rest of the fall broadcast slate across competing networks.

“I watched the first episode last night,” Schwartz teased. “It will make you cry.”

Wow, yeah that's a blast from the past. I would love this, though I know some Superman & Lois fans who are currently harbouring resentment towards Gunn for having a part to play in it ending, so it might rub salt into that wound :nervous::whoops:

heads of CW confirmed that WB forced them to end the show so it wouldnt compete with S:L.

But 2 Batmans are ok?

Schwartz clarified that, despite how well “Superman & Lois” has performed, the decision to end the DC property came from Warner Bros. — “They don’t want a competing Superman product in the marketplace,” Schwartz said, referring to James Gunn’s 2025 movie “Superman: Legacy.”

I’m not buying that, tbh. Not after the budget cuts and Nexstar straight-up admitting the show was too expensive for them and not having enough viewership to justify its cost. We’ve seen what type of programming they want to have for their new brand, and S&L doesn’t fit the bill. The “cost” in this case includes the licensing fee from WB, so maybe that went up, idk. But this guy was trying to promote the 4th season, and it’s easier to do that by pointing fingers at an external force for why they’re ending the show than to say “it’s totally great, but not great enough for us to want to pay for more!” imo.

I’m not buying that, tbh. Not after the budget cuts and Nexstar straight-up admitting the show was too expensive for them and not having enough viewership to justify its cost. We’ve seen what type of programming they want to have for their new brand, and S&L doesn’t fit the bill. The “cost” in this case includes the licensing fee from WB, so maybe that went up, idk. But this guy was trying to promote the 4th season, and it’s easier to do that by pointing fingers at an external force for why they’re ending the show than to say “it’s totally great, but not great enough for us to want to pay for more!” imo.

It wouldnt be the first time WB tried to cancel a Superman show because a movie was coming out....

It wouldnt be the first time WB tried to cancel a Superman show because a movie was coming out....
Everyone knows that, which is why it’s an easy go-to thing to say, but that was a long time ago when WB had a whole different set of people in charge and different rules regarding all this stuff that have since been struck down (according to Arrowverse people), and it just doesn’t make sense in this case imo. I do suspect WB raised the licensing fee on them, though, which gives them grounds to say something like this.

Seems to me, there must be a standard, long-term licensing agreement between networks and studios. Otherwise, a studio could arbitrarily cancel what might be a lucrative series for the network. I.e., it’s typically the network’s decision to cancel, not the studio’s.

However… apparently the new cost-cutting regime at the CW has been able to secure renegotiated (lower) licensing deals for shows like Walker and All American. But if WB refused to renegotiate and if CW refused to pay based on the old terms, then S&L sorta cancelled itself my mutual agreement. And both sides can claim plausible deniability. :ninja:

I don’t believe for a minute that WB made the call to cancel the show because of competing Supermen and yet have multiple Batmen. It’s likely budget reasons hence why some of the cast were reduced to guest stars.

I don’t believe for a minute that WB made the call to cancel the show because of competing Supermen and yet have multiple Batmen. It’s likely budget reasons hence why some of the cast were reduced to guest stars.
We all know that Batman is treated differently.

But Idk....i believe it. Especially as they're wanting to reign everything in...it always sounded like this show had a limit when DCU was announced.

Its Hard to say.
WB was always weird about such things with an IP that literally exists in a multiverse.
But we will soon have 2 batman and WB was on batman even more strict since forever.

I would lean more towards some money reason and it Not being WBs decision.

Completely agree with you. Seems like an easy shifting of blame.

Could WB/Gunn have picked up S&L and continued it without CW? Maybe?

But I don't believe they actively killed it.

Okay that is pretty exciting 😃

Despite not loving this take on Lex, I would still LOVE a Lex reveal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"