Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

They had to know this was doing better than Gotham Knights and were doing anything to save it.

According to Inde Navarette, the writers asked her at one point if she want powers and she refused.

I can't imagine her getting powers before Jonathan, who still doesn't have powers.

According to Inde Navarette, the writers asked her at one point if she want powers and she refused.

I can't imagine her getting powers before Jonathan, who still doesn't have powers.
The only thing worse than giving her powers would be if her on screen dad had powers.

S&L actors on the Picket Line.

superman-and-lois-original-jonathan.jpg

In biz news, I see that a couple of series had their previously announced renewals rescinded — with the ongoing twin strikes cited as the reason. (A similar thing happened to several shows during COVID.) For the time being, I suppose shows with decent ratings are more secure. But those “on the bubble” may be more vulnerable. And that would include S&L (note the planned downsizing for season 4). Heck, pretty much anything on the revamped CW is probably considered “on the bubble.”

In biz news, I see that a couple of series had their previously announced renewals rescinded — with the ongoing twin strikes cited as the reason. (A similar thing happened to several shows during COVID.) For the time being, I suppose shows with decent ratings are more secure. But those “on the bubble” may be more vulnerable. And that would include S&L (note the planned downsizing for season 4). Heck, pretty much anything on the revamped CW is probably considered “on the bubble.”

I doubt CW will be cancelling anything as they dont have anything else....and the fact that S&L was always meant to air in 2024 anyway.

Adam Mallinger's off the show due to the cuts.

A shame, I liked his work.

They're already trimming the cast. Is cutting writers really going to help them save money?

Is Superman even going to be able to fly this season, or will he now only be able to leap buildings in a single bound?

They're already trimming the cast. Is cutting writers really going to help them save money?

Is Superman even going to be able to fly this season, or will he now only be able to leap buildings in a single bound?

Don't be silly. He will take the stairs (not even the elevator because that requires electricity).

Bitter Script Reader was the one who did the twist of Captain Luthor being Steel John Henry Irons.

I mean, I guess that makes sense. Especially with the DCU on the horizon and Gunn wanting virtually one version of a character across all mediums outside of Elseworlds stuff like The Batman.

Still, between this and Smallville, live-action DC TV on the WB/CW starts and ends with Superman. Very poetic. Good thing that Luthor will be center stage in this last season. Hopefully.

Yeah, the writing was on the wall, sadly.

I think we all knew this was the end, but still sad to see it confirmed officially, hopefully they stick the landing.

In a time when the character's future on cinema was clouded with doubt and controversy, this show gave starving Superman fans the content that they were deprived of for so long.

I'm just glad that I was along for the ride and that we'll have one more season to hold us over before "Superman Legacy" arrives in 2025.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"