The Fortress of Solitude

ManWithNoName18

Sidekick
Reaction score
It occurred to me that Superman doesn't really have a fortress of Solutide in the DCEU. He had that scout ship, but only really used it for a short time in MOS before the events of the World Engine terraforming the Earth. Afterwards it went into the hands of the U.S government where it's been residing since.

So should Superman get his FOS? And should it be the scout ship like Snyder envisioned?

8c5224150e6d63a4d4d1c180d2398a6a.jpg

Or something more classical
15532_1345173165_large.jpg

I think they should totally go down the STAS route and have it be an ice cave. Maybe he can put the bottle of city of Kandor there like he did with the globe of knowledge in 'Stolen Memories'.

29.jpg

30.jpg

He should definitely get his fortress or something similar. Just as long as big blue has someplace he can go when he needs a moment to breathe.

Agreed. Or, at least, some tech on the scout ship that helps to create the fortress.

Make him create it. A surprising amount of the Superman elements have been just given to him rather than self-developed. It doesn't have to spring wholly from alien tech, just mostly a personalized ice home of his own design -- a little rough, a little corny even -- with room for both Krypton and Earth-related mementos. I like the idea of Supes understanding his own planet's tech and appropriating it for select use. Just go nuts with it.

And I adore the idea of a wee Krypto-zoo (humane and with sufficient habitat space). Supes stopping by to pet/say hi to H'raka II or whatever.

Agreed. Or, at least, some tech on the scout ship that helps to create the fortress.

Something like this. A mostly self-built fortress but with Kryptonian tech from the scout ship, possibly with the Jor-El AI somehow resurrected.

I would love to see a more lived in fortress of solitude with mementos superman has collected throughout his travels

Exactly. I want them to really go out on the Fortress and resemble the one we are familiar with in the comics, with Superman's collection, as well as Kryptonian tech including robots, zoo etc.

Such as:

tumblr_o8ghf4RABu1qkchcvo1_1280.jpg

(All-Star Superman)

tumblr_mo27v2njrL1qkchcvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnri5t4in91qkchcvo1_1280.png

I think they should totally go down the STAS route and have it be an ice cave. Maybe he can put the bottle of city of Kandor there like he did with the globe of knowledge in 'Stolen Memories'.

The Fortress looked pretty cool in "Stolen Memories" with all the tech, the globes used to store data.

Make him create it. A surprising amount of the Superman elements have been just given to him rather than self-developed. It doesn't have to spring wholly from alien tech, just mostly a personalized ice home of his own design -- a little rough, a little corny even -- with room for both Krypton and Earth-related mementos. I like the idea of Supes understanding his own planet's tech and appropriating it for select use. Just go nuts with it.

And I adore the idea of a wee Krypto-zoo (humane and with sufficient habitat space). Supes stopping by to pet/say hi to H'raka II or whatever.

I like the idea of Superman making it his own, a mixture. I remember in the comics (Alex Ross, and I heard it was planned for JL:Mortal) that Clark built a replica of the Kent Farm right in the Fortress!

The Zoo would be awesome to see too, to show that Superman has been exploring space and/or re-creating Kryptonian animals etc.

When he comes back he should move the ship out of the city and to Antarctica. Then like Batman did with the cave customize it for his uses. There was a tie in comic pre BVS that implied that the world had developed a black market on Kryptonian weapons and Superman went around confiscating these weapons (sort of like Spider-Man HC)

He might have been in between man of steel and bvs? Or even between justice league and man of steel 2

He might have been in between man of steel and bvs? Or even between justice league and man of steel 2

His return in Justice League could signal a fresh start that we will see in MOS2. Some time has passed, we see Metropolis and Superman's (and Clark's?) place in it. He's more established, and the Fortress could signify that. It could be a more optimistic time for the city and people of Metropolis. Then it somehow goes wrong in MOS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"