The Defenders The full Defenders team

"Screw this damsel stuff, I'm getting myself a cat suit!"

Will be cool to see Misty on the team, maybe not in episode 1 but after Luke recruits or suggests her to the others. Punisher will probably feature plenty without being an official member.

Punisher should stay away from this. Save his reappearance for his own series.

okay i didn't know anything about Misty before Luke Cage but now that I watched Luke Cage....yeah. she should definitely be a defender.

Nah I like misty but I'm good on her being a Defender. It's not needed. She should and will be in the show but not on the team

I think Misty will be on the team one day, even if we have to wait till a 2nd season of Defenders.

Why should she? She doesn't have any special skills or anything. I would want her to be an ally but that's about it

She has that keen deductive mind and her ability to place herself in a crime scene. That's an ability.

Sure I would love to see her as part of the team. She's a fantastic character and actress

She seems like more of a liability to me. It's not like she's her comic book version who's a great fighter and really good marksman
I think she along with Claire, Foggy, Karen, Mahoney, Misty, Bobby Fish, Trish could be allies of the team like SHIELD was to the Avengers but I don't see why put them on the team proper.

Daredevil is a human lie detector, Cage and Jones are good detectives/investigators, and everyone on the team is a good fighter. Focus on the 4

Last edited:
She seems like more of a liability to me. It's not like she's her comic book version who's a great fighter and really good marksman
I think she along with Claire, Foggy, Karen, Mahoney, Misty, Bobby Fish, Trish could be allies of the team like SHIELD was to the Avengers but I don't see why put them on the team proper.

Daredevil is a human lie detector, Cage and Jones are good detectives/investigators, and everyone on the team is a good fighter. Focus on the 4
trish can definitely also be on the team as hellcat. the rest of the people you mentioned are just supporting characters.

but trish as hellcat, melvin as gladiator, and misty i can all see as part of the team

There's no logic for Trish showing up in the first season as Hellcat. The only thing that gave her an edge in a fight in the first season was eating one of Simpson's pills, and that almost killed her.

There's no logic for Trish showing up in the first season as Hellcat. The only thing that gave her an edge in a fight in the first season was eating one of Simpson's pills, and that almost killed her.
we saw her taking martial arts lessons

we saw her taking martial arts lessons

Yes but she'll be going up against The Hand who are experts and she wouldn't last without that pill. There's a reason why the 4 would be going against them physically with other side characters from each separate show helping out in a way that's not directly hurting them.

Yes but she'll be going up against The Hand who are experts and she wouldn't last without that pill. There's a reason why the 4 would be going against them physically with other side characters from each separate show helping out in a way that's not directly hurting them.

if they wanted to they can find a way to make it work. we don't know what the defenders series has in store other than it being a street level avengers battle.

if they wanted to they can find a way to make it work. we don't know what the defenders series has in store other than it being a street level avengers battle.

Misty going up against The Hand (and whatever the Black Sky turns out to be) when she is not nearly as skilled as her comic counterpart. Same thing goes for Trish. I can see them trying to help out in the Defenders miniseries but ultimately the focus will be on the 4 Defenders and their villain.

Also, that kind of character development is something you really don't want to rush through as a show runner. It's something you'd want to save for the individual series where they can have more time to blossom and feel less rushed.

Misty going up against The Hand (and whatever the Black Sky turns out to be) when she is not nearly as skilled as her comic counterpart. Same thing goes for Trish. I can see them trying to help out in the Defenders miniseries but ultimately the focus will be on the 4 Defenders and their villain.

Also, that kind of character development is something you really don't want to rush through as a show runner. It's something you'd want to save for the individual series where they can have more time to blossom and feel less rushed.

like I said if they want a way to make it work, they will. Aside from Daredevil's supersonic senses and ninja status, he is still just a man in his physical abilities. They can make room for the supporting characters as sidekicks if they want to.

I was really excited when we first saw Trish training. I remember thinking that she was just gonna be a "damsel" in distress for Jessica to save. Then when I saw her training I thought "Oh she's actually going to be able to contribute, to the fight that's awesome" but then she became in the "damsel" somewhat undercutting the training. For Defenders all you gotta say is, she got better at it. I really love the idea of her being a supporting fighter with Jessica.

Colleen Wing is already seems to be a marital arts sensei and set pics show he using what her ancestral samurai sword from the comics. Perhaps Colleen can give Trish some fight training

I think Defenders will be based on Shadowland with Elektra replacing Daredevil as the Hand leader. That would be sweet.

Yeah and how helpful were those lessons to her? Not very much.
she never went up against someone she could take...she's had pretty bad luck. but she's definitely gonna be hellcat at some point.

she never went up against someone she could take...she's had pretty bad luck. but she's definitely gonna be hellcat at some point.

I'm not saying she won't. I'm just saying she's not a NATURALLY good or gifted fighter.

so what? what does that have to do with anything?

It's how the character is right now. She can fight but no where near where she could defend herself against a bunch of Hand members. I feel like season 2 of JJ will deal with her wanting to fight more and maybe deal with an addiction/wanting the pills again.

Look, training with a self-defense instructor for a handful of months after work isn't going to make you a badass superheroine vigilante. Even Danny Rand probably had to train for years to become Iron Fist.

Daredevil has pretty much been training since his father died and even then, his father being a boxer probably taught him how to defend himself against kid bullies. But Daredevil's super powers give him an edge in the fight.

Plus Hellcat in the comics has some super-powers as well. This version has no powers yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"