The Defenders The full Defenders team

I'm extremely interested to see how Jessica fits in. DD, IF and Luke have the goods to battle armies, but Jessica is extremely rough around the edges. She got roughed up pretty good by a family under Killgrave's control. I can already envision some great antagonistic scenes of her getting trained by Stick. :)

Last edited:
Jessica just doesn't seem to have the level of healing and invulnerability that Luke Cage does. We saw she's vulnerable to gunfire.

I will also be curious how the team will come together and what binds them all.

My hope is that with Matt, he comes in because someone needs a really good lawyer right now.

Jessica Jones isn't anywhere near as invulnerable as Luke but her healing factor allowed her to be fully healed from getting hit by a car in less than two days.

Jessica could certainly use some combat training. Everyone else is a trained fighter.

Luke has boxing, military and police training. He also has bare knuckle fighting experience.
Daredevil has boxing and ninja training.
Iron Fist a decade of martial arts training.

Unless they reveal some flashback of Jessica learning to fight somewhere she has no fighting skills at all.

I definitely feel she'll receive training from Stick. Those scenes write themselves. :woot: I don't see any other way around it. She held up well against "Kilgrave Luke" at the nightclub and showed she can take punishment, but she's nowhere near the level of fighter as the other three Defenders. Like I said, Kilgrave's minions did a pretty good number on her at the condo..

It's how the character is right now. She can fight but no where near where she could defend herself against a bunch of Hand members. I feel like season 2 of JJ will deal with her wanting to fight more and maybe deal with an addiction/wanting the pills again.
we don't know what she's been doing in between jessica jones season 1 and defenders part 1. she probably has been training more based on what she went through in jessica jones part 1 for ll we know.
Look, training with a self-defense instructor for a handful of months after work isn't going to make you a badass superheroine vigilante. Even Danny Rand probably had to train for years to become Iron Fist.

Daredevil has pretty much been training since his father died and even then, his father being a boxer probably taught him how to defend himself against kid bullies. But Daredevil's super powers give him an edge in the fight.

Plus Hellcat in the comics has some super-powers as well. This version has no powers yet.
I get that, but I'm just saying if they wanted to expand the defenders team past the main 4 in the first mini series, they could. they would find a way to make it work.

we don't know what she's been doing in between jessica jones season 1 and defenders part 1. she probably has been training more based on what she went through in jessica jones part 1 for ll we know.
I get that, but I'm just saying if they wanted to expand the defenders team past the main 4 in the first mini series, they could. they would find a way to make it work.

We understand that but theres already things that need to be done with the core members of the team that take priority over the side characters. I'm sure whoever they bring from the other series will have larger roles in the mini series but not every single of one of them is going to need to fight.

WkaD9Td.jpg

We understand that but theres already things that need to be done with the core members of the team that take priority over the side characters. I'm sure whoever they bring from the other series will have larger roles in the mini series but not every single of one of them is going to need to fight.

it depends on who the villain is and what size the threat is going to be. up until now i thought the villain was going to be black sky but they just announced that sigourney weaver is gonna be the villain

If they ever do another one, then we can talk about expanding the team. For now, it's just these four.

Very good. Hopefully the mini-series will be well received and even have a limited theatrical run.

if they wanted to they can find a way to make it work.

Easy enough to say that the pill awakened something in her physiology that made the effects permanent, or at least longer-lasting.

Or she could, like Colleen Wing or Misty Knight or Elektra, just be a bit of a badass without super-powers.

But between Elektra, Colleen Wing and Misty Knight (and Claire Temple, who was last seen also learning how to fight), Trish might just be overwhelmed / surplus to the requirements.

Gosh, I was looking forward to Ava Ayala as the White Tiger, someday, but I'm beginning to think we need a few more guys...

Easy enough to say that the pill awakened something in her physiology that made the effects permanent, or at least longer-lasting.

Or she could, like Colleen Wing or Misty Knight or Elektra, just be a bit of a badass without super-powers.

But between Elektra, Colleen Wing and Misty Knight (and Claire Temple, who was last seen also learning how to fight), Trish might just be overwhelmed / surplus to the requirements.

Gosh, I was looking forward to Ava Ayala as the White Tiger, someday, but I'm beginning to think we need a few more guys...
yeah perhaps for season 1 it's just gonna be the core 4. i'd expect cameo from their supporting casts though.

The four should be the only team members in my opinion. Small teams are underrated - having an "everything but the kitchen sink" roster for a superhero team almost defeats the purpose of having a team. Only so many characters can fight together on screen at a time without action scenes looking sloppy.

I can see an argument for Punisher in Defenders s2, but that's about it. Let the other supporting heroes primarily be heroes in their own separate shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"