The Greatest Criminal Mind of Our Time: Nicholas Hoult IS Lex Luthor

Could Aaron Paul make a good Lex? I’m on the fence on this one but it’s just something I was thinking about. He could play a character like John Corben in his sleep but… maybe he could pull off Luthor?

He doesn't have that kind of presence. Like authority, command, genius, envy, obsession. He's no Lex imo. He seems way too much like an everyman.

I'm still pushing for Jimmi Simpson
I think he could really own the lex luthor role.
latest

He doesn't have that kind of presence. Like authority, command, genius, envy, obsession. He's no Lex imo. He seems way too much like an everyman.

I'm still pushing for Jimmi Simpson
I think he could really own the lex luthor role.

I feel the same about Jimmi Simpson as you do about Aaron Paul. He comes across too silicone valley just like Eisenberg. I think a larger more mature man is needed but I am also on the side of lex being older than Supes.

Tom Hardy. He even looks how I envision Lex should appear.

I feel the same about Jimmi Simpson as you do about Aaron Paul. He comes across too silicone valley just like Eisenberg. I think a larger more mature man is needed but I am also on the side of lex being older than Supes.
That's fair, I just feel Simpson can nail the smug narcissistic and not be as spastic as Eisenberg.

Tom Hardy would be good with the right script. He was my Luthor way back in the MoS fan casting days

If you recast Eisenberg as Luthor, then who would I go with? I would go Jonathan Groff as well

Bradley Cooper or Jeremy Strong for me

I didn't mind Corey Stoll at one point, but then Ant-Man showed me how he would do as a Luthor like villain. :o

Yeah, I was high on Stoll until he was in Ant-Man as Lite Luthor and that kinda killed it for me. Though I would still take him over Eisenberg any day of the week. Eisenberg was so bad that I find it hard to sit through ANYTHING with him in it now. He’s a good actor in other things but it’s like I can’t unsee his terrible portrayal of Lex.

Yeah, I was high on Stoll until he was in Ant-Man as Lite Luthor and that kinda killed it for me. Though I would still take him over Eisenberg any day of the week. Eisenberg was so bad that I find it hard to sit through ANYTHING with him in it now. He’s a good actor in other things but it’s like I can’t unsee his terrible portrayal of Lex.
I wasn't totally against the idea of making Lex into Zuckerberg, but casting the guy who played that person in a loose adaptation biopic was just a new level of idiocy.

I wasn't totally against the idea of making Lex into Zuckerberg, but casting the guy who played that person in a loose adaptation biopic was just a new level of idiocy.

Seriously. Also, he somehow came off more like Lex when he was ACTUALLY playing Zuckerberg than when he was playing Lex.

If they still want to go with the BvS interpretation then bring in Domhnall Gleeson. To this day I think he could have made that role work.

If they are going with a more traditional-looking Luthor then please brig on Daniel Craig

Anyone but JE please.
Craig
Hardy
Pitt
Isaacs
Bana
Cruise
Cranston.

Bring back Eisenberg. Recasting would just be them admitting they screwed up. Which they did.

Bring back Eisenberg. Recasting would just be them admitting they screwed up. Which they did.
Then why tf should they stick with him??

Besides, we’re several leadership cycles removed from those who allowed Eisenberg’s casting to happen. No shame in saying it was a swing and a miss at this point.

Terrible casting that was.

anywho, I'd like to see a Lex origin film pre superman.

With Someone like Brad Pitt, Idris Elba, Jason Isaacs, or Bryan Cranston in the role.
From childhood to adulthood. Show us why Lex is the way he is.

RDJ as Lex Luthor would be great casting (and he was rumored for it during the 2002/2003 Flyby days).

Matthew McConaughey would own it.

Alright this is an odd one but I feel like its getting your Billy Zane but he can act. I don't recall seeing this suggestion before... People of SHH I present to you *drum roll*

cloonsbald.jpg
George Clooney as Lex Luthor.

The obvious choice is right here:

giphy.gif

:o

Should Lex rival Superman in the looks department just bald?

If it's a hard reboot, then doesn't that mean Idris is back on the table? :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"