BvS Zack Snyder's Man of Steel Pt.2

For Man of Steel 2, I want to see Lex and Brainiac. However, I want a lot of what Brainiac was in the proposed Superman Returns sequel to implemented, if it's not already going to be used for Zod. But ultimately, he is out to destroy Earth. As for Lex, they need to get him right. I want him to be the Lex we see in All-Star Superman. He needs to he driven by jealousy, he spent his entire life in devotion to becoming the best of everything, to becoming the philosophical übermensch, and along comes this alien who was born with all the talents he has to work for, and for that he is hailed as the first son of Metropolis, while Lex is forgotten. What would be a bonus would be if they can put in that scene from Birthright where Lex manages to make contact with Krypton (with Brainiac tech) and Superman can tell his parents he made it safely to Earth, before they die.

I know a lot of people probably wouldnt want it but I think if this is successful and they do a sequel then they should introduce Kara Zor-El in the 2nd one and do their own take on S/B: Girl From Krypton then they could always spin her off in her own film.

For Man of Steel 2, I want to see Lex and Brainiac. However, I want a lot of what Brainiac was in the proposed Superman Returns sequel to implemented, if it's not already going to be used for Zod. But ultimately, he is out to destroy Earth. As for Lex, they need to get him right. I want him to be the Lex we see in All-Star Superman. He needs to he driven by jealousy, he spent his entire life in devotion to becoming the best of everything, to becoming the philosophical übermensch, and along comes this alien who was born with all the talents he has to work for, and for that he is hailed as the first son of Metropolis, while Lex is forgotten. What would be a bonus would be if they can put in that scene from Birthright where Lex manages to make contact with Krypton (with Brainiac tech) and Superman can tell his parents he made it safely to Earth, before they die.

Okay, what I would now like to see would be a movie told from three perspectives in this movie and three villains. Much like what was seen in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

The three perspectives would be:
Superman/Clark
Lex Luthor
Either Bizarro or Metallo

And the three villains would be:
Brainiac
Bizarro/Metallo
Lex Luthor

The story of Lex would be much like it is in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel. Like in my quoted post Lex would be genuinely resentful of Superman for what he represents.

The narrative focus of Lex would be a weakened Brainiac contacts Lex and gives him greater technological advancements to make his more, eccentric, ideas work. And his contingency plans to kill Superman (touched upon in the next sequel). In return Brainiac requires a new body (hence either Metallo/Bizarro).

Bizarro/Metallo would be the attempt at a sympathetic story. If it were Metallo I would show him as a man that is entirely courageous and selfless, but injured in battle manipulated into a machine designed to kill Superman. Which he hates as he admired Superman.

Bizarro would be fairly similar, but he would be entirely engineered by Lexcorp. He would be a corporate sponsored Superman.

Over the film either of those characters would slowly see their mind degrading, distorting noble people into dark mirrors of Superman.

Superman's arc would focus on Is he truly even alien or human? And why would he even want to be human or kryptonian? His interaction with Lex and either Bizarro or Metallo would show him a dark face of humanity. A monster who was made by man to kill him or render him obsolete and a self made monster who wants to stand over his bloody corpse no matter what the cost.

His knowledge of Brainiac would show the depths that his biological race would stoop to (Brainiac would be kryptonian) and the atrocities they would commit.

WB's Robinov on DC on Film's Future
Bill "Jett" Ramey said:
Via EW.COM, here's what Jeff Robinov of Warner Bros. had to say about MAN OF STEEL and the future of DC on film...

Is MAN OF STEEL the beginning of a cinematic DCU on film?
"I think you’ll see that, going forward, anything can live in this world. [Nolan’s] Batman was deliberately and smartly positioned as a stand-alone. The world they lived in was very isolated without any knowledge of any other superheroes. What Zack and Chris have done with this film is allow you to really introduce other characters into the same world."

Are any DC on film announcements coming from WB?
"We’ll announce something in the next several weeks that will hopefully position the DC characters and the movies we’re going to be making."

Do Chris Nolan's DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY of films stand entirely alone?
"They do. Or they did. Where we go in the future is a whole other conversation."

Is the rumor about Chris Nolan producing and Christian Bale starring in a Justice League film true?
"No, no it’s not."
Then there's the great David Goyer's take...
"One of the things we dealt with on the Batman films is, Chris dislikes it when you plan something, when you say, ‘I’m going to follow this up in the next film. He’s always said put everything you have into this film and then worry about the next film later. That gives the film its own integrity as opposed to being part of an overall plan. So of course the comic book fans, it’s hard not to think about [crossovers] but I, having done three Batman films and worked in that way, it’s definitely the approach we took with MAN OF STEEL."

OK, my turn...

Mr. Goyer and Mr. Nolan are damn right.

When you start to make a film and you’re already thinking about and planning for what’s next, you’re setting yourself up for creative failure. The fact that Mr. Nolan really did take his Batman films one at a time, and was adamantly (in his own classy “Nolan” way) against the cross-pollination of DC on film, was a bold stance – especially in light of Marvel’s success with everything that involved THE AVENGERS.

I believe that time will prove that Mr. Nolan’s “blueprint” for comic book movies will be the one that’s followed in the future. Why? Because it’s the least creatively restricting path for any filmmaker worth his salt to take.

If you’re a filmmaker who has a comic book movie story to tell, would you really want to be handcuffed by another director’s vision and aesthetic?

Regardless, I have no doubt that if...IF...there there is a Justice League movie in the future, Henry Cavill will play Superman in it. However, I'm betting that we'll see a MOS sequel or two before any JL film.

Don't read anything into Robinov's "They do. Or they did." statement when it comes to Nolan's "Dark Knight Trilogy." It's over folks, period. And if if the studio could use (i.e. "hijack") "Nolan's Batman" in a potential JL film, they won't. Mr. Nolan doesn't want it to happen, thus, it ain't going to happen. Do you really think the studio would piss off Mr. Nolan over a Justice League movie? Please! Batman will be rebooted shortly with a Batman that can fit within a cinematic DC universe. Here's what the author of the EW story had to say...
"When Robinov said 'They do. Or they did,' I at first took that to mean he was leaving the possibility open to retroactively link-up those three most recent Batman films with upcoming DC-based films. But as I listen to the conversation again, I suspect what he actually meant was that upcoming Batman films wouldn’t necessarily exist in their own closed-off world the way the previous ones did.

I doubt Nolan’s 'Dark Knight' series will be joined up with the new Superman or Justice League films because Nolan created a story that had a fully realized arc and a definite ending. Reintroducing Bale’s Bruce Wayne in a superhero team-up movie would necessitate answering questions the filmmaker deliberately left open-ended at the conclusion of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES."

"My prediction is that the studio will simply reboot Batman, creating another lucrative series that happens to be connected to Man of Steel and the other movies, while 'The Dark Knight trilogy' will continue to stand alone in its own self-contained universe, forever preserving Nolan’s interpretation while clearing the way for a new one to come along."
Absolutely spot-on. Anyway...

Folks, this is Warner Bros. doing some damage control here. Make no mistake, the desire by the studio to have Nolan in charge of DC on film and for Bale to return to the role of Batman was real. The thing simply fell apart for whatever reason (*cough* Nolan doesn't want his "Trilogy" messed with! *cough*) after the possibility was leaked to the press. Now, they're having to tighten things up. Basically, Warner Bros. is circling the wagons by publicly saying that Nolan’s “Dark Knight Trilogy” is safe, Batman on film is going to be rebooted, and there are more DC-based films coming after MAN OF STEEL.

Maybe.

Does anyone else think the sequel should be titled Man of Tommorow?

It might be, I'd think it more likely to be called "Last Son of Krypton," because, honestly, that's pretty frikking awesome, especially since it'll probably be true in the sequel.

‘Man Of Steel’ Sequel Underway With Zack Snyder And David S. Goyer
NIKKI FINKE said:
EXCLUSIVE:

This isn’t exactly a surprise given the hot anticipation and theatrical buzz awaiting Man Of Steel‘s limited opening Thursday and wide release Friday. But I’ve learned it’s official: Warner Bros Pictures is fast-tracking the Superman reboot sequel with its successful twosome already in place: Zack Snyder reprising as director and David S. Goyer repeating as screenwriter. What is a question mark next time is the role Christopher Nolan will fill. For this 3rd Superman franchise, Nolan stepped in as producer and mentor and story co-writer. I’m told that next time Nolan’s producer role won’t be as “full blown”. Hey, he’s busy working on other projects and now the sequel is on firm footing just as the first’s grosses start rolling in. There’s also a Justice League movie with Superman plotted.

Jamie broke the news before Finke did. Three months ago, actually.

He even added that Snyder is heading straight into prep on the sequel. No breaks, nothing. Hopefully Snyder and Goyer cracked a good story for the sequel.

This here can be every Man of Steel sequel... Beings from across the universe coming to Earth every few years to challenge the last son of Krypton all because
Clark accidentally activated the beacon on the ship that sent him to Earth.
. D'OH!:doh:

YES!

- Lex Luthor.
- Kryptonite.
- Clark in disguise working at the Daily Planet.
- Metallo.
- Brainiac.
- Supergirl.

GIVE ME ALL OF IT

I don't think we'll get Supergirl in the Goyer/Snyder Superman universe (especially using the MOS suit template). I mean, Goyer's deal includes Justice League... but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

YES!

- Lex Luthor.
- Kryptonite.
- Clark in disguise working at the Daily Planet.
- Metallo.
- Brainiac.
- Supergirl.

GIVE ME ALL OF IT
Big yes to these bolded things.

I want to see Lex and Brainiac. I think those two are enough villain wise. Not sure about introducing kryptonite just yet. If they do, I'd like it done subtly. Perhaps Lex finds out about this ultra-rare item and pumps out lots of money for research teams to begin scouring the world for it. Something like that.

Perhaps Lex could introduce the Kryptonite while building Metallo not yet realising the effects it has on Superman, but really I think it oughta be a surprise that Lex really does know Supes' weakness.

So with word coming out that MOS 2 is on the fast track, where do you think they are into that phase? Could they conceivably be filming mid to late next year?

It also looks like Cavill is back in Superman shape, so I wonder if he is on notice? Hopefully that makes sense.

Provided Man of Steel is a success commercially, then filming could feasibly begin in less than a years time.

Bleeding Cool:
Report: Man Of Steel Sequel In 2014, Justice League In 2015
Brendon Connelly said:
When it comes to shared-universe comic book movies – which are, like, so in right now – Warner Bros. are definitely playing catch up. But they do seem to be moving with competitive speed.

According to “knowledgeable people close to the studio,” and quoted by The Wall Street Journal, Warners are looking to fast track a sequel to Man of Steel for release in 2014. That would probably mean they have to get into production in the next six, maybe nine months and skimp on CG postproduction time. And that would be the end of 2014, I’d expect, not the summer.

Furthermore, the nameless, knowledgable ones say that the Justice League movie:

could come out as soon as 2015.

Which is actually what we were expecting a half-dozen set backs ago. I guess box office like Man of Steel‘s can really light a fire.

Films can be turned around this quickly and still turn out well, but I am always disappointed by the studios’ insistance on setting release dates before they even have screenplays, let alone actual films.

If Warner Bros. really want to play Marvel at their own game expect locked-in release dates announced by, or maybe at, San Diego Comic-Con.
WSJ:
'Man of Steel' May Give DC Comics More Superpowers
BEN FRITZ said:
Warner is already in development on a sequel to "Man of Steel" and is expected to fast track that for release as soon as 2014, said knowledgeable people close to the studio. In addition, it has long been developing a "Justice League" team-up movie featuring characters such as the Flash and Wonder Woman that could come out as soon as 2015.
People close to Warner and the film's production offered slightly different estimates for its final cost, ranging between $225 million and $270 million

MoS 2 by 2014 would be almost impossible. It can't be rushed if they want quality. WB knows 2015 will be Disney's summer with Avengers 2, Star Wars Ep. VII and Finding Nemo 2. They should wait for 2016 for the JLA movie, I think. Too much competition.

cant wait for sequel and the main complaint about pacing in mos i think wont be an issue in sequel we have to remember mos covered alot of material

Krypton and it's mythos
jor el and lara
zod and his army
codex
terraforming
clark's self discovery journey with his odd jobs
smallville flashbacks of clark's childhood
FOS
metropolis
the military
ma and pa kent
and more

this sequel wont have to worry about krypton,smallville,clark's origin.jor el,ma and pa kent and his upbringing since we have gone through that already and have already established clark,lois ,lombad,jenny and perry white

time to build on the daily planet group of perry,lois,lombard,jenny,and now clark

aswell as build on lois/clark relationship and possible inclusion of luthor

Yeah, there's plenty of new ground to cover, though I hope we get a couple flashbacks to his childhood, just so we can see some more of Costner.

I think for Superman's main character arc, we should see him struggling with being a good reporter while constantly having to go out and save the world. There's also the blossoming relationship with Lois and trying to keep that a secret, as well as (possibly) his growing suspicion of Luthor. We might also get introduced to Jimmy Olsen, and we could see their friendship grow.

Was talking about this last night with my fiancé, what if one of the main thrusts of film #2 is Clark struggling with maintaining this new identity in Metropolis on top of his superhero status, and in the end failing? What if, for whatever reason, Clark's identity is outed by the end of the film? Film #1 shows us that this movie world is much like our own, a smaller, more connected world than that of the mid-twentieth century. That's going to make it that much harder to pull off "and who, disguised as Clark Kent." Also, much like the Dark Knight Trilogy, they've demonstrated that, in these films, not everything is sacred, and not everything lasts forever (like it does in comics). They've already re-worked the Lois & Superman relationship. I think we'll be seeing as radical of an approach to the Metropolis Clark identity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"