BvS Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

ЯɘvlveR;26744389 said:
on the flipside, we should expect more of the destruction that so many people seem to have gotten upset about with an idiot like bizarro. may be even worse.

Fair enough. Whereas a Metallo or any Krptonite villain can bring Superman (and the destruction) down a notch.

But I feel like regardless of the villain, it's something that the filmmakers simply have to make note of. Set the battles out of the city.

Also, Bizarro shines a light on Superman's destruction in MOS. It's a twisted version / magnification on the potential for Superman to cause so much destruction. Supes can now see that, in Bizarro, and make an attempt to stop it. Can Superman trust someone with that much power? What about himself?

Last edited:
A decent explanation for why all the Krypton colonies are dead could be Brainiac "collecting" their culture. But that would make this another alien invasion story, and we've been there before to the chagrin of some. I'd rather it was Luthor, with the dumb "I want land" motivation dropped in favor of that ruthless businessman John Byrne wrote in the Post-Crisis story.

i thought of that as well, (some thought it was doomsday ****ing **** up) and i think that would be good way to go in explaining part of braniac.

Fair enough. Whereas a Metallo or any Krptonite villain can bring Superman (and the destruction) down a notch.

But I feel like regardless of the villain, it's something that the filmmakers simply have to make note of. Set the battles out of the city.

yep. maybe some area 51 lexcorp/cadmus/s.t.a.r. labs type of thing in the desert where they can fight.

It's still more interesting and suspenseful when other people are in danger though. S.T.A.R labs employees?

A clone created by Lex-Luthor? (aka Bizarro)

who devolves into this:
bizarro_by_rod_windt-d6bqjsg.jpg

Hmm, I have doubts about Bizarro. To me, he just doesn't seem like a Superman villain who fits the tone of the movies(see DCAU video below).

[YT]GBazluzqgcE[/YT]

I feel villains like Lex, Metallo, Doomsday, Mongul, Brainiac and Darkseid(the last 2 would be better for JL) fit the general tone of the movies to come. After seeing this art however, it's a maybe, as long as he doesn't talk or actually call him Bizarro(they could just refer to him as a Bizarre clone or something like that).

Yeah, it would have to a wildly different interpretation. I just think there's good story potential with a Superman clone (who Lex created and has control over; and later, loses control over).

Metallo would be great though as long as he had sufficient character development.

I'd start the movie addressing the fallout of MOS. Lex, Batman, and John Corben (whose body was severely damaged and whose sister died in the destruction in MOS) will all have reason to hate Superman or question his presence.

Last edited:
Hmm, I have doubts about Bizarro. To me, he just doesn't seem like a Superman villain who fits the tone of the movies(see DCAU video below).

I think Bizarro has a lot of potential. I think they should go a different route. I don't know if they should make him dumb, though, I'm imagining a completely insane version of Clark. Like the Joker with super powers.

Or maybe he starts off just like Superman, morals and all, but slowly degrades into a mad man.

I think Bizarro has a lot of potential. I think they should go a different route. I don't know if they should make him dumb, though, I'm imagining a completely insane version of Clark. Like the Joker with super powers.

If you mean something like Smallville's version of Bizarro where it was just evil Clark then I think that's just a bit too over-the-top and too soon and perhaps jumping the shark, maybe later in a solo movie when things are more developed. I mean the world just found aliens exist, do people really think they could use Kryptonian technology overnight? Plus they are trying to keep things grounded.

if a Batman villain were to appear in this next film, there are two who i think would work well alongside Lex:

Black Mask or Penguin

Bruce could be in Metropolis investigating either Black Mask/Penguin who is working with Lex behind the scenes

Lex and Metallo.
Lex, Parasite and Deathstroke (or Black Mask) not a chance they'll use metallo imo (cause the kryptonite thing, maybe at the end a hint but who knows?)

Lex, Parasite and Deathstroke (or Black Mask) not a chance they'll use metallo imo (cause the kryptonite thing, maybe at the end a hint but who knows?)

What makes you think there won't be krpytonite in this movie?

My opinion.

Luthor salvages the damaged genesis chamber from the crashed scoutship and
creates Bizarro ( an imperfect Superman clone). Someone else suggested that Lex also creates Kryptonite (also from salvaged Kryptonian tech) so he has a perfect weapon to deal with his creation, and keep him in line.

As Bizarro is a Superman clone, he has a degree of Superman's memories, which could lead to great scenes with both Diane Lane and Amy Adams, having
to cope with a creature who thinks he's Clark.

Also, Bizarro as a villain means that epic fist-fights are possible, and Supes has to re-live the choice he made with Zod, except maybe this time Bizarro
actually destroys himself (possibly self-sacrifice, as he has some of Supes' better qualities too -possibly to protect Supes from Kryptonite or to protect Lois, Ma Kent or some other important character).

Regardless, I see a lot of story possibilities for Bizarro, and his origin story would easily fit within the continuity of the first film.

So there's my pitch for Bizarro ! Are you listening Goyer ?

Peace.

My opinion.

Luthor salvages the damaged genesis chamber from the crashed scoutship and
creates Bizarro ( an imperfect Superman clone). Someone else suggested that Lex also creates Kryptonite (also from salvaged Kryptonian tech) so he has a perfect weapon to deal with his creation, and keep him in line.

As Bizarro is a Superman clone, he has a degree of Superman's memories, which could lead to great scenes with both Diane Lane and Amy Adams, having
to cope with a creature who thinks he's Clark.

Also, Bizarro as a villain means that epic fist-fights are possible, and Supes has to re-live the choice he made with Zod, except maybe this time Bizarro
actually destroys himself (possibly self-sacrifice, as he has some of Supes' better qualities too -possibly to protect Supes from Kryptonite or to protect Lois, Ma Kent or some other important character).

Regardless, I see a lot of story possibilities for Bizarro, and his origin story would easily fit within the continuity of the first film.

So there's my pitch for Bizarro ! Are you listening Goyer ?

Peace.

I love the idea of having Bizarro as the main villain, not in this Superman/Batman movie, but in a future MOS movie.

*This happens off screen* Lex sets up Superman, he walks into a room and then it suddenly fills with that suspended animation thing from Krypton. Then he releases Bizarro once Supes is neutralized.

The audience doesn't know these things happen. Bizarro doesn't know he's not the real Superman. That could be the movie. Clark/Superman acts weird, has much different methods from what we've come to know(injuring, killing with no remorse), but it's still Clark/Superman so no one suspects anything, at least at first.

Lois and Martha eventually suspect something is wrong, find out the truth at the same time the audience does. Flashback to the real Superman scene where he gets trapped in suspended animation. Bizarro also finds out the truth and breaks down and has one of those "nooooooooo" moments that Superman had in MOS. Everything he knows is a lie, his life is a lie.

He then starts transitioning into absolute madness.

Eventually he finds out where Superman is being held and releases him. He wants to show the world who the better Superman is, so he releases him to have a very public fight to the death.

Could even throw a second villain in there for Bizarro to deal with while he's assuming Clark's life. This is the one you could show in the trailer and all the promos so no one suspects Bizarro is really Clark/the villain.

Last edited:
What makes you think there won't be krpytonite in this movie?
Well first snyder quotes about it on MOS but I'm not sure... who knows maybe there'll be.. but I think Metallo won't be in the movie IMO...

I love the idea of having Bizarro as the main villain, not in this Superman/Batman movie, but in a future MOS movie.

*This happens off screen* Lex sets up Superman, he walks into a room and then it suddenly fills with that suspended animation thing from Krypton. Then he releases Bizarro once Supes is neutralized.

The audience doesn't know these things happen. Bizarro doesn't know he's not the real Superman. That could be the movie. Clark/Superman acts weird, has much different methods from what we've come to know(injuring, killing with no remorse), but it's still Clark/Superman so no one suspects anything, at least at first.

Lois and Martha eventually suspect something is wrong, find out the truth at the same time the audience does. Flashback to the real Superman scene where he gets trapped in suspended animation. Bizarro also finds out the truth and breaks down and has one of those "nooooooooo" moments that Superman had in MOS. Everything he knows is a lie, his life is a lie.

He then starts transitioning into absolute madness.

Eventually he finds out where Superman is being held and releases him. He wants to show the world who the better Superman is, so he releases him to have a very public fight to the death.

Could even throw a second villain in there for Bizarro to deal with while he's assuming Clark's life. This is the one you could show in the trailer and all the promos so no one suspects Bizarro is really Clark/the villain.

Good plot try ;) ...

Last edited:
Lex for Supes and Deathstroke for Batman would be awesome!

Lex luthor and Man-Bat would be kind of cool honestly figure it like this

Luthor disgusted how Superman has become the champion of the people 5 years after the event of the first movie hears about a mythical creature in Gotham called "batman" as this is going on Kirk Langstrom is developing a technique to cure his own deafness by experimenting with Bat and human dna well Luthor tries to weaponize the project Langstrom turns into Man Bat and attacks start happening Batman (after an awesome action scene with him taking down a second tier villain in Gotham) goes to metropolis to investigate in metropolis.

I think it could work

It makes sense to have a Bat villain here.
The heroes meet, yes. Their differences are evident. But it's not just the characters that meet, but also their respective worlds. Metropolis and Gotham are different to each other, and the Gotham element will come along by introducing Bats in the MOS universe.
I'm still rooting for the idea of having The Penguin in this film. He's a mastermind just like Lex, and you can just imagine how dangerous the two villains will be when working together.
Oswald and Lex are different too, and somewhere along the plot they will face problems working together because of their different motives. Both might want to get rid of the other when their plan has succeeded, and that will be one of the reasons why they fail.
The psychotic Lex might feel he can't trust an eccentric crime lord who call himself The Penguin, and vice versa.

For the physical threat, Metallo is the one. It's somebody neither of the heroes can defeat single-handed.

As long as they don't play scaredy cat like the Iron Man movies and embrace the badguy name wholeheartedly and at least some of the iconography.

Bizzaro seems unlikely, but I could see it working. Parasite seems like a great idea since he could pick up pieces of Clark's, Bruce's, or Luthor's personality and expose their faults an flaws as well as their strengths and weaknesses.

Luthor seems to be the only really necessary one. He's big enough that even if he doesn't start as the main antagonist, you know he'll usurp it if he wants to. I'd love a running theme from World's Finest, MOS2, and Justice League of Luthor betraying a seemingly more dangerous villain and gaining more stuff. Just set it up so that eventually the audience is laughing at whatever poor, immortal, incredibly powerful schmuck thinks he can control Luthor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"