• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

BvS Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

So? The GA also likes good movies. And you can have action that doesn't take the form of Superman punching another humanoid being and being punched back.

Absolutely. I just wouldn't expect that scenario to happen. After people complained that Superman didn't fight anyone in SR WB came back with MoS. The action in MoS was rewarded in a sequel. Here we are with that momentum.

I'm pretty sold on two villains. I think that having Lex and someone from Batman's world would help mesh the two universes. A true DCU isn't just about Superman meeting Batman, the villains should be aware of each other as well.
Riddler (maybe he is unearthing the military conspiracy). Characters that haven't got modern incarnations, but not the arch-enemies of the characters.
Imagine having Riddler next to Luthor :) He will tease the heroes with his riddles and question marks, playing games with their minds. :)
And he should be to the Carrey version, what Ledger was to Nicholson... more serious and without campy elements that would not work in a realistic world.

The Riddler is camp, and this 'world' is only as realistic as Superman.

I think Brainiac would be awesome but maybe Metallo would be the better way to go. He can introduce Kryptonite and could be some form of project of Lex's. He could be Lex's answer to crime and a way to show his project is more reliable than Superman. Batman could Superman beat him and thats how Batman gets a hold of some K just in case Superman does ever turn bad

Wasn't cinematic Joker camp before Heath Ledger?

Ledger's Joker was highly camp. He was just as wantonly theatrical as Nicholson's, Romero's or Hamill's Jokers. The Joker is supposed to be camp. That doesn't exclude him from being murderous or frightening. Making the character's hair dirty does not stop him being camp.

The same with The Riddler. His whole premise is camp. That doesn't mean that it would not be effective in a more 'grounded' setting.

superman_vs__batman_by_kinjamin-d6g0ty1.jpg

kingsjamin art and idea of the WF movie sound pretty cool actually...

A Bizarro and Superman fight would be a rehash of Zod vs Superman.

I want K suit Lex and Ra's

I'd also be happy with Lex and Joker or Penguin

or if it is only going to feature Superman villains, Lex and Metallo or Lex and Brainiac

I'm pretty sold on two villains. I think that having Lex and someone from Batman's world would help mesh the two universes. A true DCU isn't just about Superman meeting Batman, the villains should be aware of each other as well.
Luthor, Intergang and The Penguin. Sci-fi arms deals with global consequences, conspiracies...something for The Daily Planet and Batman to investigate.
Lex could have The Penguin blow up the sewers underneath Gotham's financial district, reducing it to rubble and allowing LexCorp to make a tender for the redevelopment of the land. Stopping the bombs being planted, and evacuating the citizens, would amply occupy both Batman and Superman
I admit that The Penguin would make more sense than Riddler in the early stages of meshing the two "worlds" together.
After all, BB didn't have Joker. We had to wait until the sequel. The same could work here.
Riddler will upper the stakes and bring more craziness to the plot. He can wait until WF 2 or Trinity.

The same goes for Metallo compared to Brainiac.

I admit that The Penguin would make more sense than Riddler in the early stages of meshing the two "worlds" together.
After all, BB didn't have Joker. We had to wait until the sequel. The same could work here.
Riddler will upper the stakes and bring more craziness to the plot. He can wait until WF 2 or Trinity.

The same goes for Metallo compared to Brainiac.

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Solomon Grundy. Perhaps an opening sequence (or Act 1 at least) where Batman takes him out somewhere in Gotham. Not only to introduce the new Batman, but to show how powerful he is. Show off moves that push the envelope when it comes to "realm of human feasibility." And then when he's done with Grundy, he gets to the Batcave and diverts his attention to Supes and Lex Luthor's rivalry. And he tries to deduce for himself who the real threat is.

Lex Luthor - The Penguin - Metallo.

Now that Affleck is onboard, we could get Edward Furlong as Penguin. I support the idea now. :)

It will be Lex luthor.with maybe seeing a member of batman's rogue gallery at begining of film he has to bring down.

Definitely Brainiac or Doomsday as the main villain

I'd also like to see a see a secondary villain / hired gun type
-Lex
-Clayface
-Black Mask
-Solomon Grundy
-Killer Croc
-Lobo

With this team-up movie, I feel like we will see multiple villains or at least two major villains. 1 for Batman and 1 for Superman.

I see Lex being the primary antagonist, since he's an enemy of both Superman and Bruce Wayne. He offers a unique and interesting challenge to both heroes. In regards to Superman, he's his nemesis, able to plan out really large scale traps and schemes to crush the Man of Steel, while, with Bruce Wayne, he can compete against his business, offering him a ton of conflict in the process.

However, the movie needs another villain. I think Lex should employ Deathstroke, mainly because Deathstroke can compete on Batman's level, and, if they utilize him right, have him figure out ways to take down Superman, which forces him to require Batman for assistance. I dunno, I just love the idea of Deathstroke appearing, if only to open the door for him to appear throughout the DC Cinematic Universe.

They won't use a Bat-villain obviously, so I would go with one normal human villain and one sci-fi based villain.

metallo or brainiac. maybe lex creates metallo or brainiac is the reason lex made his billions. harnessing brainiacs tech. no batman villains at all. its a superman movie.

I'm wondering if there'll be a secondary villain in the film beyond Lex Luthor. My reasoning is pretty vaccuous, but bear with me.

The poster campaign for Man of Steel had 7 members of the cast listed above the title:

HENRY CAVILL
AMY ADAMS
MICHAEL SHANNON
KEVIN COSTNER
DIANE LANE
with LAURENCE FISHBURNE
and RUSSELL CROWE

3 of those names won't be back for the sequel. So to round things out - going with the hypothetical that Bryan Cranston is Lex Luthor - a similarly themed poster for this film may look like:

HENRY CAVILL
AMY ADAMS
BEN AFFLECK
DIANE LANE
(insert name of actor playing other pivotal role)
with LAURENCE FISHBURNE
and BRYAN CRANSTON

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"