BvS Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

I really think if written correctly this would not be too many villains. Lex, Metallo, and Brainiac.
I'll restate my now 10 year old idea of manipulation for this gang together. Lex manipulates Corben creating Metallo, and Brainiac manipulates Lex taking over Lexcorp. Then you have a Superman and Batman vs Brainiac and Metallo ending.

Lex, Metallo, and Brainiac are too many villains for a movie that is also introducing Batman. Brainiac is the odd villain out, save him for MOS 3. Also, I kind of think that Lex should create Metallo to go after Superman, then maybe hire a Batman villain like Deathstroke or Shiva to go after him.

Lex, Metallo, and Brainiac are too many villains for a movie that is also introducing Batman. Brainiac is the odd villain out, save him for MOS 3. Also, I kind of think that Lex should create Metallo to go after Superman, then maybe hire a Batman villain like Deathstroke or Shiva to go after him.

You would be wrong about this one. No offense. As I said, it depends on how it is written. Brainiac to me would not require a ton of screentime as he can appear as AI that reaches out to Lex initially. Save his final reveal for a battle at the end. Metallo could be the test subject so to speak and first physical villain for Superman. It would work, again... if written correctly.

You would be wrong about this one. No offense. As I said, it depends on how it is written. Brainiac to me would not require a ton of screentime as he can appear as AI that reaches out to Lex initially. Save his final reveal for a battle at the end. Metallo could be the test subject so to speak and first physical villain for Superman. It would work, again... if written correctly.

But I don't want Brainiac to just show up for a final battle. I want an entire film to build him up and make him a threat.

I'm saying if he is AI througout, and a bit more of a tease saving the final battle scene for the end would be amazing. I don't want an hour straight of battling again, it was fine for MOS for the most part... but I want this to be more fleshed out with a bigger pay off.

I think Braniac would be good for the sequel. But I would love to see Doomsday in live action, as well as Metallo, and Darksied, and even Parasite.

I'm thinking perhaps a big threat ala Brainiac which draws Batman out of the shadows. And perhaps a business angle underneath. Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne, Oswald Cobblepot.

I would like to see Lex be the main baddie with hints/set up for either Darkseid or Brainiac. I want the Brainiac from the comics but altered. I do not want an Earthbound created skynet...i want him to be flying from planet to planet.

Anyway keep Batman the antagonist for the first 1/2 and have them focus on Lex the 2nd half as a team. I wouldn't be against very minor villains as henchmen as they wouldn't really count. I'd also like a setup for Wonder Woman...without showing anything, just a mention of the amazons towards the end.

I'm thinking perhaps a big threat ala Brainiac which draws Batman out of the shadows. And perhaps a business angle underneath. Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne, Oswald Cobblepot.
Very good with Penguin there. But replace Brainiac with Metallo.

I want Braniac saved for a later, solo Superman movie. This movie should be Lex hiring someone like Deathstroke to take on Batman. Have Black Mask cameo as Lex's criminal contact in Gotham and he kidnaps one of Wayne Enterprises scientists to run experiments on one of Lexcorps employees to turn him into Parasite. Then Batman could come to Metropolis to look for his missing scientist.

A decent explanation for why all the Krypton colonies are dead could be Brainiac "collecting" their culture. But that would make this another alien invasion story, and we've been there before to the chagrin of some. I'd rather it was Luthor, with the dumb "I want land" motivation dropped in favor of that ruthless businessman John Byrne wrote in the Post-Crisis story.

Lex joins forces with Black Mask.

Lex creates Metallo, Black Mask hires Deathstroke.

Lex sends Metallo on Superman and Black Mask sends Deathstroke on Batman.

initially i thought luthor with some muscle seemed about right, hiring deathstroke to take care of the bat and creating metallo, parasite and solomon grundy in some sort of frankenstein type of cloning experiment with zod's body.

but the more i think of it, the more it seems kind small potatoes.

superman should be the reason batman comes to metropolis under the facade of business between wayne and luthor. after that, I'm not sure where to go. braniac sounds good, but that could be like the alien invasion that's been overdone. there has to be something more sinister that brings them together in a fight.

Basically Superman doesn't trust Batman and views him as a criminal vigilante, and Batman views Superman as some bizarre alien that he just doesn't trust because aliens and magic and what not are just out of his league and it disturbs him.

LZSmDVb.jpg

Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor

UNGtahc.png

Javier Bardem as The Joker

Wow nice pic for Bardem. He has a great Joker jaw/grin there.

A clone created by Lex-Luthor? (aka Bizarro)

who devolves into this:
bizarro_by_rod_windt-d6bqjsg.jpg

Last edited:
The good thing about a Bizarro is that you don't need to build up the character really, so that we can have more with Lex, Bats, Lois, etc. You can also have plots about framing, control, power, etc.

The problem with Metallo I think is that you have to develop Corben's character. At that point, why not just put Lex in the suit.

A decent explanation for why all the Krypton colonies are dead could be Brainiac "collecting" their culture. But that would make this another alien invasion story, and we've been there before to the chagrin of some. I'd rather it was Luthor, with the dumb "I want land" motivation dropped in favor of that ruthless businessman John Byrne wrote in the Post-Crisis story.

I thought they explained why those colonies were all dead in Man of Steel. I thought it was just that the Kryptonian council made it illegal to leave Krypton and they just ran out of supplies.

I thought they explained why those colonies were all dead in Man of Steel. I thought it was just that the Kryptonian council made it illegal to leave Krypton and they just ran out of supplies.

That was Zod's interpretation of what happened.

The good thing about a Bizarro is that you don't need to build up the character really, so that we can have more with Lex, Bats, Lois, etc. You can also have plots about framing, control, power, etc.

The problem with Metallo I think is that you have to develop Corben's character. At that point, why not just put Lex in the suit.

on the flipside, we should expect more of the destruction that so many people seem to have gotten upset about with an idiot like bizarro. may be even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"