The Greatest Criminal Mind of Our Time: Nicholas Hoult IS Lex Luthor

I hope Gunn avoids this for Lex.
I absolutely hate it when a villain has seemingly beat the hero, but can't finish it because he just has to tell the hero the reasons why he did what he did.
Said hero then finds the strength to free himself ( or is freed by someone else ) and defeats the villain.

main-qimg-8ebd58a2fdd9e3883a23e21a4a4e0b30-lq.jpeg

I'd love to see some John Shea Lex energy personally.

Give me a Lex that can stare down a cobra and win 😅
tenor.gif

I think I remember reading that Rosenbaum himself said that Shea was his main inspiration for the way he played Lex.

tenor.gif

I think I remember reading that Rosenbaum himself said that Shea was his main inspiration for the way he played Lex.
It really bugs me how often LnC gets left out of conversations and comparisons, but especially when talking about Lex portrayals, because I really do think that version was miles above the rest, alongside Rosenbaum.

John Shea remains the closest a live-action Lex has gotten to the one I’d like to see. A smooth, brilliant, Machiavellian self-made billionaire, a charming ladies’ man that was truly Metropolis’s favorite son until Supes showed up. That was a Lex you could buy getting elected President of the United States.

John Shea remains the closest a live-action Lex has gotten to the one I’d like to see. A smooth, brilliant, Machiavellian self-made billionaire, a charming ladies’ man that was truly Metropolis’s favorite son until Supes showed up. That was a Lex you could buy getting elected President of the United States.
Ugh agree so hard. Why do so few people see this?

John Shea's portrayal of Lex is quite comfortably my favourite live-action adaptation of the character. Particularly S1 effectively before he's outed as being the real Lex Luthor publicly. This is more or less what I'd love to see from Hoult in Superman, I'd like it to be well emphasised when the character is being introduced just how popular he is in Metropolis. By the end of Superman I'd like Lex Luthor to still be effectively beyond suspicion, Clark/Superman should be only person that knows the real Lex.

This has always been one of my favourite few scenes in any Superman related media from L&C, the introduction of the Lex Luthor character, set up perfectly by Jimmy Olsen giving Clark the rundown on him. Something that captures the same sort of essence as these few scenes in Superman would be fantastic.

Rumor has it Lex will have a reveal trailer in the same tone as GotG where Billie Eilish's Bad Guy plays. Nicholas plays him as over the top eccentric in public while being menacing behind closed doors.

I have read the comics but it's been a long time but what does Lex do other than sit in an office or lab creating things? The Joker gets out there and is up to no good but I feel Lex is often controlling things from his office, I can't imagine him in car chase or something of the sorts. I know there's Lex in the armoured suit but putting that to the side... What does Lex do that would make him interesting or Is it purely the writing of a business man in an office pulling the strings make him interesting?

I have read the comics but it's been a long time but what does Lex do other than sit in an office or lab creating things? The Joker gets out there and is up to no good but I feel Lex is often controlling things from his office, I can't imagine him in car chase or something of the sorts. I know there's Lex in the armoured suit but putting that to the side... What does Lex do that would make him interesting or Is it purely the writing of a business man in an office pulling the strings make him interesting?
Lex is a public figure. He has a full social docket, so he’s not just stuck in his office the whole time. And eventually, he’s the President of the United States. He’s not a “car chase” kind of villain. He’s a Machiavellian manipulator who uses and abuses his power at every turn. It’s a weird suggestion to me that these types of business tycoons aren’t “interesting” when we literally just had Succession go out as one of the greatest shows of all time and it was ALL just that all the time. :funny:

Lex is a public figure. He has a full social docket, so he’s not just stuck in his office the whole time. And eventually, he’s the President of the United States. He’s not a “car chase” kind of villain. He’s a Machiavellian manipulator who uses and abuses his power at every turn. It’s a weird suggestion to me that these types of business tycoons aren’t “interesting” when we literally just had Succession go out as one of the greatest shows of all time and it was ALL just that all the time. :funny:
I would like this Lex to be part stark ( the brains),
part Wayne ( multi-billionaire)
and part tom cruise ( in the spotlight and has the media and public eating out of his hands.)

That said, I figure I'll get the stark part, and the multi-billionaire Lex ( duh ), but I'm not so sure on the other. We shall see.

I hope the actor playing Otis will pay tribute to Beatty and continue to refer to Lex as Mr Loot****e. :dry:

I hope Otis meets a quick end at Luthor's instruction after getting his name wrong and only ordering 39 cakes.

This Luthor mustn't accept mediocrity whatsoever.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"