The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

I made my own 3x F13 [original-IV / V-X / reboot] and 2x NOES [original-New / reboot] simple blu-ray covers in Illustrator... recently, due to finding correct disc numbered boxes.

Well now, I'm going to make my own Halloween blu-ray covers. My plan to break down the series' different continuity/collections are;

1 - Hall0ween (1978)
[1 disc] ...belongs all on it's own, considering it starts all of the different continuities
2 - Halloween II (1981), Halloween H20: 20 Years Later, Halloween: Resurrection
[3 discs] ...the "Sister Trilogy"
3 - Halloween III - Season Of The Witch
[1 disc] ...one-off anthology release
4 - Halloween 4 - The Return Of, Halloween 5 - The Revenge Of, Halloween 6 - The Curse Of
[3 discs] ...the "Thorn Trilogy"
5 - Halloween (2007), Halloween II (2009)
[2 discs] ...Zombie's Reboot Duology
6 - Halloween (2018), Halloween Kills, Halloween Ends
[3 discs] ...the "Boogeyman Trilogy"
It's probably super dorky, but I feel like they'll all warrant their own artwork and hold a strong enough difference with plot/direction/intention to display separately.

Last edited:
I made my own 3x F13 [original-IV / V-X / reboot] and 2x NOES [original-New / reboot] simple blu-ray covers in Illustrator... recently, due to finding correct disc numbered boxes.

Well now, I'm going to make my own Halloween blu-ray covers. My plan to break down the series' different continuity/collections are;

1 - Hall0ween (1978)
[1 disc] ...belongs all on it's own, considering it starts all of the different continuities
2 - Halloween II (1981), Halloween H20: 20 Years Later, Halloween: Resurrection
[3 discs] ...the "Sister Trilogy"
3 - Halloween III - Season Of The Witch
[1 disc] ...one-off anthology release
4 - Halloween 4 - The Return Of, Halloween 5 - The Revenge Of, Halloween 6 - The Curse Of
[3 discs] ...the "Thorn Trilogy"
5 - Halloween (2007), Halloween II (2009)
[2 discs] ...Zombie's Reboot Duology
6 - Halloween (2018), Halloween Kills, Halloween Ends
[3 discs] ...the "Boogeyman Trilogy"
It's probably super dorky, but I feel like they'll all warrant their own artwork and hold a strong enough difference with plot/direction/intention to display separately.

Sounds awesome man, you know we are gonna wanna see pics. Would love to see the ones you did for Friday and NOES as well.

Sounds awesome man, you know we are gonna wanna see pics. Would love to see the ones you did for Friday and NOES as well.

I won't post the two different reboot's, they're pretty boring... for some reason, both lacked any imagination in font styles (or ideas, ha)

It was pretty fun making Jason's mask from scratch.

I hope these images aren't annoying to load.
Friday The 13th | 1-Part 4.png Friday The 13th | Part V-Jason X.png Nightmare On Elm Street, A | 1-7.png

What do you think is the better sequel to the original film, Halloween II or Halloween 2018?

I appreciate the responses.

I do prefer Halloween (2018), but I actually find both sequels to be very similar. Both sequels are at their best when it’s just Michael killing people on Halloween night( the middle section in 2018 is stellar and the opening 30 minutes or so of II are equally great). However, I think both give Laurie a kind of dumb identity( II making her his sister, 2018 making that one night completely define her and turn her into essentially a superhero at home protection). I think both botch their Loomis(2018’s “new Loomis” Mad Doctor subplot is too hokey for me, while the Captain Ahab Loomis of II feels too extreme from the man we met in the original film). I think both go for a BIGGER third act that’s simply too over the top(Invincible Michael Killing Machine is born in the last act of II, THE HOUSE IS A TRAP in 2018).

Ultimately, I think that’s the biggest issue for both in a nut shell. They are both too over the top. The original film hints at supernatural elements, but for the most part until the very end, Michael could easily be viewed as just a normal person. I think that makes it scarier. Ironically, Danny McBride agrees and said they wanted to tone down those aspects from the series and go back to the original where Michael is just a normal guy, not a killing machine. I think they ended up failing. The third act he turns into the Michael from the rest of the sequels.

Having said all of that, I do quite enjoy both Halloween(2018) and Halloween II. They are the only sequels of the series I enjoy. Nothing comes close to the original, though. I would have loved to see a sequel that’s more in line with the original, but I guess that’s not possible after the original ended with Michael being shot six times.

I SHOT HIM SIX TIMES!!

Halloween II (1981) easily the best sequel imo.

I like 2018 but on the whole I think it lacks something, it’s above the ****e in the series for me but below II, H20, IV & III. I think Kills will be better now the shackles are off.

Aside from Laurie having next to no role in II, I think the thing that bugs me most about that one is the tacked on “Laurie’s his sister” twist that basically defines the rest of the series until 2018. Like, it’s not something that they peppered in a few clues in the first film for them to make that reveal later on. It was clearly just a thing they cooked up to justify extending the story, and it almost manages to overshadow what made that first film great. He’s not coming home for his sister, it’s random. And that’s terrifying.

Aside from Laurie having next to no role in II, I think the thing that bugs me most about that one is the tacked on “Laurie’s his sister” twist that basically defines the rest of the series until 2018. Like, it’s not something that they peppered in a few clues in the first film for them to make that reveal later on. It was clearly just a thing they cooked up to justify extending the story, and it almost manages to overshadow what made that first film great. He’s not coming home for his sister, it’s random. And that’s terrifying.

That and he’s not even initially specifically after Laurie.

If you take out the sister reveal, II is almost on par with the original. And the opening is so rewatchable.

85a0a8692f1ee5f356383a67165c07fb30632e68.gif

e1451c20c6a13ad23cbb63c5f539184a5cbd8ed3.gifv

Personally, i couldnt say which i prefer.
H2 has a great setting and i like that they built a connection further between laurie and michael(which is why i have such a soft spot for H20).
But H2018 also does a good job with the story and all.

There is no doubt that those two are the best sequels of the series, but to me they are on the same level.
I can live with both timelines so to speak.

I watched II as much as the original when I was young, that I always thought the opening to II was the end of the original.

Also, I had the weird TV cut... so it had those scenes (filmed during II) inserted into the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"