I hope he Will be a comic relief in mcu version

Thor mcu is a comics relief
They turn grandmaster into an idiot
Mantis into an idiot
Drax.. never mind

Many serious characters in comics become funny characters in movies
Now if they want a crazy man lets introduce Iceman in mcu
MCU loves their sense of humor.

Yes, Iceman must be a bit of comic relief, but not the MCU way.

By the way, Shawn Ashmore looked like a beautiful teen idol in X2.

comic relief like in comics and TAS (see ep.Cold confort)

I see MCU X-men as the darker side of MCU, more dramatic
And Iceman is the guy making jokes in any situations. even in tense atmosphere

Who can step into Shawn Ashmore's shoes as Bobby Drake/Iceman? I would go with Dylan Sprayberry...he played the teenage version of Clark Kent/Kal El/Superman in the DCEU's Man of Steel

What's the rundown on Iceman?

People say he's gay in the comics but in the movies he's portrayed as straight. His love interests in the movies were Rogue and Kitty Pryde, who are his love interests in the comics? He's supposed to be one of the founding members of the X-Men yet in the cartoons and movies, he's younger and tends to be a new recruit.

What's a brief explanation of who he is as a character other than "guy with ice powers"?

Is there a difference between mutants and inhumans? Was the name change not just to do with rights eg because Fox had the rights to the X-Men, the MCU couldn't use the word Mutants?
There was no name change. In the comics, Inhumans were created back in the mid 60s and originally served as the Fantastic 4 characters. Iirc they were related to the Kree, and their powers would be activated by using the Terrigen Mist. In the mid 2010s, Marvel Studios had a plan to launch the Inhumans with the comics, spreading the Terrigen Mist in the world launching to plenty of new characters including Iceman's love interest. This event led to people thinking Marvel was phasing out the mutants for the Inhumans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"