The Illuminati thread [spoilers]

Honestly think a quick cameo was the best we will get. I can’t imagine him leading a movie where he can’t talk the whole movie.

Honestly think a quick cameo was the best we will get. I can’t imagine him leading a movie where he can’t talk the whole movie.
I "think" they may well resurrect the Inhumans; not as a movie headliner though. I could easily see them in a FF movie down the line.

I'm not a Black Bolt fan, but on repeat viewing I found it a tad annoying how they make fun of "Blackagar Boltagon" same as they did with "Otto Octavius". It feels very early 2000s Wolverine making fun of the X-Men's names.

Honestly, I thought Black Bolt looked stupid :ninja:. Not just the costume, but the way the actor looked in the costume. And his acting too. I thought it was kinda funny what happened to him :oldrazz:.

It was great seeing Atwell, Lynch, and Stewart though. Glad Atwell and Lynch were able to put up a bit of a fight. Krasinski was okish. I was just shocked that it was actually him, I don’t think I was able to take in his performance or costume at all. Need to see this movie again.

I'm not a Black Bolt fan, but on repeat viewing I found it a tad annoying how they make fun of "Blackagar Boltagon" same as they did with "Otto Octavius". It feels very early 2000s Wolverine making fun of the X-Men's names.
Yeah, that definitely felt like a relic of the "We're embarrassed of our own source material" era.

Why ?? just because there is already a saga named X-men since 2000 ?

they will be called X-Men in MCU and nothing other

Krasinski must play 616 Fantastic as he played 838 Fantastic
EarlyDependentBlackbear-size_restricted.gif

in dire need of any miracle to make sure this doesn't happen and we get a Reed who actually fits the character

I honestly think they aren’t going to be called X-Men in the MCU.
If I'm Marvel, I don't ignore the name of one of my most high profile groups. Frankly, I think a lot of people would be really put off by it and I don't see Marvel going there.

Really enjoyed them but their best moment was being absolutely torn apart by Wanda.

If I'm Marvel, I don't ignore the name of one of my most high profile groups. Frankly, I think a lot of people would be really put off by it and I don't see Marvel going there.
Why ?? just because there is already a saga named X-men since 2000 ?

they will be called X-Men in MCU and nothing other

First X-Men 97 is a direct continuation of the animated series so makes sense they’d keep the name.

Right or wrong, X-Men doesn’t work any more since there will be women and men on the team. We’ve also heard Feige use the term “Mutants” and not actually say “X-Men”. Not saying it will be called Mutants but I don’t think they’ve landed on a name yet. Happy to be wrong about it. I’m just speculating based on what I’ve heard.

What if Marvel Studios just call the team as X?

X-Men is a big brand not to be used as a name. Marvel comics isn't phasing it out as well for the film department to call it something else.

think they'd have to call the team ... X-Them
these days, anyway

First X-Men 97 is a direct continuation of the animated series so makes sense they’d keep the name.

Right or wrong, X-Men doesn’t work any more since there will be women and men on the team. We’ve also heard Feige use the term “Mutants” and not actually say “X-Men”. Not saying it will be called Mutants but I don’t think they’ve landed on a name yet. Happy to be wrong about it. I’m just speculating based on what I’ve heard.
But if they have X-Men 97 that would mean it would be X-Men in the MCU.

There have always been women and men on the team. There have been X-teams that didn't even have any men on them at all. They were still the X-Men.

And Feige used the term mutants because the whole mutant related slate of characters encompasses a LOT more than just the X-Men by themselves. They could (not necessarily will) easily account for multiple super-team projects and a half dozen or more solo characters.

A thought just occurred to me. You're trying to give @psylockolussus a heart attack. :funny:
A heart attack would be such an eXtreme reaction, which I don't see myself having that reaction. But eXpect a major backlash from X-Men fans all over the world if they don't use that magic name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"