• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Illuminati thread [spoilers]

It's funny. One of my friends and I are already making 818 Captain Marvel's "We can handle your little witch!" line into an inside joke.

I really loved that line LOL.

I think it could go either way but I’m leaning towards Krasinski playing 616 Reed given how popular his cameo was in this and any other choice could result in a lot of backlash. Xavier on the other hand I think will be played by an entirely new actor if for no other reason than Patrick Stewart being in his eighties.
It might result in a negative view of whoever is cast as Reed if they now go with someone different. With Xavier I think it’s more obvious to anyone that a new guy would be needed for the long term future.

It might result in a negative view of whoever is cast as Reed if they now go with someone different. With Xavier I think it’s more obvious to anyone that a new guy would be needed for the long term future.

Agreed. Emily Blunt is definitely gonna be Sue, I'm not even doubting that now. But I digress.

My take on the Reed thing is he will be 616 Reed. Some may think the casting is obvious or not want it for whatever reason, but that doesn't really mean anything. We have 3 actors who were in the MCU in this universe, 4 if you include Strange. Xavier is the odd man out cause that is no doubt a tribute. But in regards to Reed....math don't lie, and it doesn't make sense to throw him in here for millions of people to see him, and then cast someone else. Yeah, this can be seen as a nice nod to nerds, but we are the minority of the overall audience. They are trying to build the FF brand with those unfamiliar with them. That is why he was there. If this was gonna be a one off, my guess is they would have used Gruffud. The fact they didn't tells me this is a long term deal.

I think Kransinski's already cast, this was just to test the waters and see how audiences respond but I fully expect it to be made official this week (dont, uh, hold me to that if it doesnt happen lol).

I think assuming he was cast, that it was done way before he filmed for this. I am hoping Feige addresses this fairly soon

This is why they need to dial back on this multiverse stuff after this film. Having Stewart back for his cameo was great, but then storyline-wise, it gets a little hokey having a new actor as Xavier for Earth-616, knowing that 616 Strange already met Xavier's variant in a previous movie and thus already knows what he's capable of.

Like what does he say when he meets 616 Xavier and Reed? "Oh yeah I met you guys before on another Earth, don't get killed this time!"

I say all that to say, I just hope they stop while they're ahead.

This is why they need to dial back on this multiverse stuff after this film. Having Stewart back for his cameo was great, but then storyline-wise, it gets a little hokey having a new actor as Xavier for Earth-616, knowing that 616 Strange already met Xavier's variant in a previous movie and thus already knows what he's capable of.

Like what does he say when he meets 616 Xavier and Reed? "Oh yeah I met you guys before on another Earth, don't get killed this time!"

I get that complaint, but they probably won't meet many times and it probably won't happen until like Secret Wars or something huge like Galactus. So I don't think it matters

Well I doubt they do time travel or multiverse again until Ant-Man 3 since Kang is suppose to appear again.
Thor is not really multiverse and has his own thing.
Black Panther will be about Wakanda and dealing with no T'Challa(Boseman)
GOTG 3 won't be multiverse could be the last GOTG with that team.

this movie didn't really blow open that multiverse door to where it will impact movies like that. Dr.Strange 3 will have it because Clea showed up and they will need to close the incursion. I expect it to last until the next phase.

The Multiverse is an overhyped gimmick at this point. It's not actually meaningful.

I think Kransinski's already cast, this was just to test the waters and see how audiences respond but I fully expect it to be made official this week (dont, uh, hold me to that if it doesnt happen lol).

If this was a way to do that, it was not a good job. He has a few lines and doesn't even really get to showcase his abilities. Was hardly a good showcase of Reed's personality either.

I loved Krasinski as Reed. I would mind him directing the movie as well, if he is cast to play the role in our universe.

I didn't like how Wanda make such short work of him though. Such a massive disappointment. I get that they weren't the focal point of the movie, but the Illuminati didn't have to die or die that easily for Wanda to come out as really strong.

Not a great idea. What happens if she and Krasinski break up?

That'd be some sh**! After all those fans wishing and hoping they get the roles, they actually get it and then they break up. I'd be pissed if I was Feige lol.

I loved Krasinski as Reed. I would mind him directing the movie as well, if he is cast to play the role in our universe.

I didn't like how Wanda make such short work of him though. Such a massive disappointment. I get that they weren't the focal point of the movie, but the Illuminati didn't have to die or die that easily for Wanda to come out as really strong.
He seems quite convincing in the few minutes he got. Has he got a lot of directing experience? Cool if so and if he wants it.

Maybe they didn’t want to figure out the stretchy powers yet.

The Multiverse is an overhyped gimmick at this point. It's not actually meaningful.

Its VERY meaningful. No Way Home almost made Two Billion at the box office despite the major Covid resurgence of Christmas 2021. The Multiverse aspect of No Way Home is the reason for that. People wanted to see Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield as Spider-Men again. The Multiverse angle is something none of us fans ever thought could happen. We're gonna keep eating it up. It really works and the studio knows it which is they seem to be building up Secret Wars as the the next IW/Endgame instead of Avengers 5.

Its VERY meaningful. No Way Home almost made Two Billion at the box office despite the major Covid resurgence of Christmas 2021. The Multiverse aspect of No Way Home is the reason for that. People wanted to see Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield as Spider-Men again. The Multiverse angle is something none of us fans ever thought could happen. It really works and the studio knows it which is they seem to be building up Secret Wars as the the next IW/Endgame instead of Avengers 5.

A novelty gimmick to drive up box office numbers is still a gimmick. Just like 3D and Lie-MAX.

How many films are even getting released in 3D now?

A novelty gimmick to drive up box office numbers is still a gimmick. Just like 3D and Lie-MAX.

How many films are even getting released in 3D now?
3D is trash. Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield & Tom Holland onscreen as Spider-Men from three different universes was GOLD. Dafoe Goblin from the Raimiverse fighting Holland Spidey was GOLD. 616 Strange interacting with 838 Professor X played by Patrick Stewart was GOLD.

The Multiverse angle much like Time Travel simply makes for awesome CBM crossover storytelling.

3D is trash. Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield & Tom Holland onscreen as Spider-Men from three different universes was GOLD. Dafoe Goblin from the Raimiverse fighting Holland Spidey was GOLD. 616 Strange interacting with 838 Professor X played by Patrick Stewart was GOLD.

The Multiverse angle much like Time Travel simply makes for awesome CBM crossover storytelling.

If it's going to be like what happened in Multiverse of Madness, then I want less of that, not more.

I enjoyed what we got with the Illuminati. They were there to show alternative/variants of characters already established, introduce F4, X Men and Inhumans into the MCU, drop exposition and the concept of incurgence, and showcase Wanda's powers.

They were arrogant, coky and cold and underestimated Wanda's powers and once she wiped the floor with Black Bolt and Mr Fantastic Captain Carter and Captain Marvel lasted as long because they teamed up.

It didn't help that the smartest man alive gave Wanda Black Bolt main strength and she used her powers to take him out with ease. His death was the most brutal. Followed by Carters.

Reed Richard head poping like a ballon was golden and I could watch that all day.

Xavier was there as a tribute, nostalgia, introduce XMen concept into the MCU and strike a blow with his death...for a 3rd time. My inner child was happy hearing the theme to the X Men theme songs.

I was expecting and wanted more cameos but in restropect am happy with what we got. Otherwise it would have diluted the film. Only other place I can see other characters make an appearance is when Strange and Chavez are traveling the multiverse.

Perhaps we will see more in deleted scenes or extended cut if Marvel gives Raimi a proper release full of goodies like Sony did with his Spider Man films. *fingers crossed*

Do you guys think the FF movie will possibly take place in the universe that Reed is from (and be a prequel to Multiverse of Madness) ?

I feel like we will see that Kang trapped them in an alternate reality or the quantum realm because they were a threat to him. Perhaps we will see them next in Quantumania.

He seems quite convincing in the few minutes he got. Has he got a lot of directing experience? Cool if so and if he wants it.

Maybe they didn’t want to figure out the stretchy powers yet.

Not a lot of directing experience but he did A Quite Place which is as good a debut as I have seen in a while and then followed it up brilliantly with the sequel.

Not a lot of directing experience but he did A Quite Place which is as good a debut as I have seen in a while and then followed it up brilliantly with the sequel.
Oh yes knew about those, definitely a very good start. :up:

Screenshotted and saved. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"