The Insomnia Thread

DareDemon

Hi! I like shorts!
Reaction score
A big issue people face is insomnia. States are voting many conflists on this issue. The next presidential election will be mostly based on this controversy. But what is insomnia? Is it morally or ethically right? What laws should be passed about it?

I, my friends, am an insomniac. And everyday, I get people telling me I'm less than human, that I'm a nobody, just because I don't sleep. I feel like my rights are being trampled on, and I don't like it.

What are your thoughts on insomnia? Do you think insomniacs should be allowed to vote, get married, or travel to foreign countries?

Post your thoughts, and if you have any questions, I can answer.

im 16 ive had insomina for about 2 years now, my dad has it so it got passed on to me.

right noow at almost 1:30 i feel quite energetic, awake, very aware of things, and im not the least bit tired or sleepy.

however this affects my day, i get tired in the mornings and sleep, im up at night asleep by day, its like ive got my day and night hours mixed up.

its weird but, i can live with it for now, but in the future it will really screw me over, with colledge or a job.

I don't think that's insomnia, I think that's being nocturnal.

ive never thought of it that way, im like a freakin owl, awsome. :|

Or...a freaking Noctowl.

Yeah. Think about it.

naa it could just be its a bad case of insomnia, i dont always sleep during the day.

at night im up for hours, once in a wile ill sleep but it wont be till atleast 3-5 in the morning. i only sleep when i take medications with (**** that knocks u out) in it.

but i havnt been taking any latly cuz i got used to the meds and they do nothing for me, i might start takin valumes, see if there any good.

i hate being deprived of sleep.

i suggest taking some melatonin... that always helps me when I get stuck in an pattern where I sleep in the day and stay awake at night.

Did you know that one of the key symptoms of wheat/gluten intolerance is periods of insomnia followed by bouts of crushing tiredness? My wife was an insomniac for years until we got her intolerance diagnosed. No gluten: Sleeps like a baby.

Just so you know, they think as many as 1 in every 130 people could be gluten intolerant...

I become an insomniac anytime I'm anticipating something too much...

Flying to Europe = no sleep night before the flight
Water Broke = no sleep for the rest of the night (even though it was 2am and I knew it would be hours before I would be in final stage labour)

Sometimes your body clock just gets messed up and you need to reset it...

Here are some suggestions:

Warm bath
Warm milk
Soothing massage
Soothing music
Boring book

Or if that fails, lavendar tea. Tastes like your drinking perfume but puts you under like a good one.

a few years ago i had it pretty bad...would go 2 to 3 days up then sleep for about 20 hours or so...rinse, repeat. this went on for about a year. fun times.

i suggest taking some melatonin... that always helps me when I get stuck in an pattern where I sleep in the day and stay awake at night.

my dads got about 3-4 bottles of that in his armouar thingy, ill grab a few of those tonight before i lay down.

i finally got to sleep this morning, and maybe a half hour later my freakin mom starts bangin on the door shes like STOP LOCKIN UR DOOR! im like noo women i do what i wantt!.

than she starts re aranging my drawrs, i hate that, i have things just ware i like em en she touches ****, than she stole my cup full of change, and i was like wtf ma, shes like im puting it in the giant jug of coins and im like noo thats mine thats from all the money ive speant and got change from.

damm herrr!!!

now she thinks im a narc and i shoot herowin and do coke, all cuz of my insomnia, or nocturnalness!

shes blonde so mayb she rly is just stupid.

that's really messed up, iceman... personally, I could not and would not take that from my mom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"