• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Men and Abortion

SickBoy said:
I agree. I think it's a personal choice that should be left up to the mother. Other people's beliefs should not be forced upon her.
What if the father wants her to have it so he can raise it?

kainedamo said:
SickBoy is a lesbian.

Ha! no, i can assure you, i am a very heterosexual male. Im not a feminist or anything either. I took back what i was saying in the beginning about men not being allowed to have a say. i realize that was wrong and i didn't mean it so literally. i believe that men should have a say but that the decision to get an abortion should genreally rest with the mother.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
How about this abortion has been brought up before on these forums and the same thing always happens that always happens. Everyone expreses their opionion, no one agrees with anyone and it just goes around and around and around in circles.

This topic should be left alone here since nothing is ever accomplished.

Well one thing has been accomplished, I have seen Jolie Mendez's my space account and Damn! Jolie is hot. :D :up:

It has been intersting to see everyone's opinions but discussions like this do tend to get pretty heated. Abortion is one of those issues where people have very different, very strong beliefs and it's hard to come to any sort of middle ground.

But we do accomplish something: we all get to hear other people's views and some of us learn a thing or two.

Tangled Web said:
What if the father wants her to have it so he can raise it?

That's a really hard question to answer, but i would have to believe that the mother has the right to abortion. I would hope that the two could come to an agreement and that the mother would be willing to have the child if the father was willing and to take care of it.

If the child was planned and the mother, after getting pregnant, suddenly decided she didn't want it but the father still did, i think she should maybe then have to have it. but otherwise it shoudl be the mother who decides.

One of the hard things about abortion is that there are lots of different circumstances, and one answer isn't the best for every circumstance.

You could have a law that says no abortions (unless maybe in the case of rape), and yeah that would satisfy all the people who believe that abortion is evil and that every fetus deserves the right to a life, no matter what. But not everyone believes that.

SickBoy said:
It has been intersting to see everyone's opinions but discussions like this do tend to get pretty heated. Abortion is one of those issues where people have very different, very strong beliefs and it's hard to come to any sort of middle ground.

But we do accomplish something: we all get to hear other people's views and some of us learn a thing or two.

I seriously doubt anyone has really learned anything from this thread that will help develop and change their furture views or beliefs in any significant, helpful or useful way, shape or form.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
I seriously doubt anyone has really learned anything from this thread that will help develop and change their furture views or beliefs in any significant, helpful or useful way, shape or form.

And you would be wrong, being as SickBoy developed different views after reading this thread.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:

Well if people choose not to listen to or consider any of the things other people are saying then no, they won't learn anything.

But i've heard what some other people think, some ideas and beliefs they have. I don't think anyone has really changed other people's beliefs, but that doesn't really matter. I am mostly just curious as to what peopels opinions are regarding certain aspects of abortion and what they think is right in different situations. If people choose to be stubborn and not open their minds to new ideas and perspectives, it's their own fault, whatever. I for one found this discussion interesting.

ampersand said:
And you would be wrong, being as SickBoy developed different views after reading this thread.

Re-read what I posted.

ampersand said:

That's true. After hearing what everyone had to say, i started thinking more about everything and altered my position a little bit. There's nothing wrong with changing your mind. And with the topic of abortion, I don't think i'll ever bee 100% steadfast in my beliefs. It's a really delicate subject, and each person has to come to terms with what they believe is the best thing. In the future, maybe something will happen in my life that will change the way i view this topic. I don't know. It's one of those things that's sort of always been nagging in the back of my mind that i think about every once in a while and try to figure out.

So hopefully everyone will at least consider what other people have to say and really think everything throuhg so that they can understand the abortion subject as best they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"