International Study on Abortion Yields Interesting Results

If we put fetuses in a box with an unstable isotope, then they are both alive AND aborted. EVERYONE WINS!:up:

My god, quantum physics has the answer to everything! :wow: You can have your cake and eat it too, provided you're not directly observing it at the time of the eating!

Genius.

I love how people jump to being immature when they themselves don't have any facts to prove I'm wrong. Like I said in the post above this one, if I get the time, I will try to scan the articles and research I've read over the years that actual real life scientists and studies have shown over the years!!

Actually I was just making a joke because of the implied doubt at your hypothesis. Its really irrelevant to me what the proportion of rape pregnancies to total rapes actually is. One rape pregnancy out of a million is enough to justify the legal status of abortion in my opinion.

You are laughable do to the fact like a good number of the people on these boards you have no common sense and need everything to be spelled out for you.
You are laughable due to the fact that you don't know the difference between "do" and "due". :o

I have "NO common sense"?
  • I would never poke a starving panther with a stick
  • I wouldn't get my sleeping bag and go to sleep on train tracks
*b00m*, you're wrong. I have at least some common sense.

When I say people are becoming more and more irresponsible now days, if you had any common sense or smarts you would realize that it doesn't outright mean I'm meaning it in terms of everyone of those things you listed. You jumped to conclusions and started listing everything you could think of. If you go back and see the examples I used in past posts you would realize how now days too many people are becoming crybabies about everything.

Like I said before, suing companies over things that are their fault. Just because someone shows up to work and pays bills doesn't make them outright responsible. People do a lot of those things as a necessity to live. Responsibility also has to do with your actions in everyday life not just picking up a job, paying bills or raising kids.
You are the one who is jumping to conclusions.
I asked you for some proof that your belief is true.
You don't have any.
Frivolous law suits are the best you can do? :huh:
That's absurd. The human desire to cash in and shift blame has always been with us. If anything, after so many high profile frivolous law suits, I believe they've dwindled. If you want to show me some numbers to the contrary, that'd be great.

You're probably talking about the psychobabble mentality, where serial murderers are coddled because they had a bad childhood and people think they're fat because of genes and not because they gorge themselves and watch TV all day.
But I don't think it's any different from any other time in human history, it's just modernized.
Back then everything was "God's Will", or they suffered under a curse, or there were evil spirits to blame, or the Devil, Superstitions, etc.

As for the raising kids lol!, that isn't going to well in our country either with parents suing(yet again) companies and whatnot because they in the end weren't watching what their kids were doing or watching on tv. Just because some people out their have kids doesn't instantly make them responsible, it comes down in that specific case to How are they raising them to be?
I think there are way, way, WAY more parents who have parental controls on the family computer, who won't let their kids go to Rated R movies, who would ground their kids if they caught them playing GTA at a friend's house etc.
But that doesn't make the news and isn't sensationalized.
I think you're coloring all of society based on a skewed view from a sensationalizing media with an agenda.

You are laughable due to the fact that you don't know the difference between "do" and "due". :o

Please, unless you want to lose credibility in your case, there's no need to be childish and make fun of a spelling error. It happens, no ones perfect. :whatever:

I have "NO common sense"?
  • I would never poke a starving panther with a stick
  • I wouldn't get my sleeping bag and go to sleep on train tracks
*b00m*, you're wrong. I have at least some common sense.

You are the one who is jumping to conclusions.
I asked you for some proof that your belief is true.
You don't have any.
Frivolous law suits are the best you can do? :huh:
That's absurd. The human desire to cash in and shift blame has always been with us. If anything, after so many high profile frivolous law suits, I believe they've dwindled. If you want to show me some numbers to the contrary, that'd be great.

Like I said in the last few posts, I will try to dig up the articles/magazines that I have read over the years.

You're probably talking about the psychobabble mentality, where serial murderers are coddled because they had a bad childhood and people think they're fat because of genes and not because they gorge themselves and watch TV all day.
But I don't think it's any different from any other time in human history, it's just modernized.
Back then everything was "God's Will", or they suffered under a curse, or there were evil spirits to blame, or the Devil, Superstitions, etc.

I don't recall every saying or alluding to anything having to do with psychobabble mentality. I am actually against that stupid way of thinking, that people are fat because of genes and we should take pity on Murderers.

I think there are way, way, WAY more parents who have parental controls on the family computer, who won't let their kids go to Rated R movies, who would ground their kids if they caught them playing GTA at a friend's house etc.
But that doesn't make the news and isn't sensationalized.
I think you're coloring all of society based on a skewed view from a sensationalizing media with an agenda.

Overall, I agree with what your saying. Yes, it's the minority who falls in the group I was complaining about. The majority are obviously more mature and responsible.

Overall, I agree with what your saying. Yes, it's the minority who falls in the group I was complaining about. The majority are obviously more mature and responsible.

If you would have made that disclaimer when you first started your diatribes against society, you wouldn't have been put through the wringer over your stance, man.

jag

how bout there was this local legend around here, about this kid who got this girl pregnant and wasn't dating her. he had been drinking and she came up to him day of like crying and **** at a party making a big scene, apparently, he had no idea how to handle it. he ended up not saying anything, getting extremely red, and punching her in the gut over a pool table. now i do not advise doing anything of the sort, but the pregnancy did not take.

If you would have made that disclaimer when you first started your diatribes against society, you wouldn't have been put through the wringer over your stance, man.

jag

Yeah, I tend to do that. I forget that things need to be spelled out for a lot of people. Since I didn't initially say that in the beginning people jumped the gun and assumed I meant the majority were irresponsible. Which is silly because if the majority were like the minority I was referring to, I would hate to think what America would be like.

Yeah, I tend to do that. I forget that things need to be spelled out for a lot of people. Since I didn't initially say that in the beginning people jumped the gun and assumed I meant the majority were irresponsible. Which is silly because if the majority were like the minority I was referring to, I would hate to think what America would be like.

Without specifically stating that you were talking about a fraction of the population, it was virtually impossible to know that you did not mean the majority of our society. Don't blame your inability to communicate effectively on people "needing things spelled out for them".

jag

You're trying to make it sound like a shortcoming of your readers when the problem is that you have trouble speaking with accuracy and make poor word choices...
For example, calling me childish for pointing out your spelling mistake, and then going on to childishly insult me by saying "YOU don't THINK.", "You have NO common sense.", "If you had ANY smarts at ALL...", etc.

You said that the correction I offered jeopardized my credibility and therefore, my argument, and then proceeded to do the same thing to yourself. :huh:

Anyhow, yeah, if you agree that there's an invisible majority that are still halfway decent and responsible, then, no problem.
But I'm taking issue with your characterization of society as "going to hell in a handbasket", as if there is this new, exponentially growing problem of irresponsibility.

I don't buy it, no need for insults or popping veins, I'm just saying, I think the hideous flaws in human nature are a constant, and then the population grows, so you may see more of a reflection, but per capita, I think, if anything, humans are Hella-more civilized and enlightened than the majority of the superstitious, xenophobic moronic Apes that you find in history.........like, when our own PRESIDENTS kept SLAVES, for instance.
:o

Wilhelm, you and I are cut from the same cloth. I bet you were raised to believe that we're in the last days and the conclusion of this system of things and that the world has been getting worse and worse since World War I. You got older and began to cease allowing yourself to be spoon-fed what is "True" and used your own brain to see that nearly every generation since the dawn of the written word has foretold that the world was coming to an end and that the good old days were better.

While pregnant with me, my parents thought that I would be born after Armageddon, and that was 31 years ago.:whatever:

I bet you come from similar circumstances. Am I right?

Wilhelm, you and I are cut from the same cloth. I bet you were raised to believe that we're in the last days and the conclusion of this system of things and that the world has been getting worse and worse since World War I. You got older and began to cease allowing yourself to be spoon-fed what is "True" and used your own brain to see that nearly every generation since the dawn of the written word has foretold that the world was coming to an end and that the good old days were better.

While pregnant with me, my parents thought that I would be born after Armageddon, and that was 31 years ago.:whatever:

I bet you come from similar circumstances. Am I right?
Yeah. I believe I've agreed with every post I've seen by you.
With me, our family went to see "The Late Great Planet Earth" based on the book by Hal Lindsay, and it's so hilarious because it really freaked me out when I was little, but in a fascinating way.

So I thought and thought about it for years and finally, thanks to the crazy glut of obscure DVD's available now, I finally got to buy it and see it again.

And there they are, talking about how the Bible has clearly foretold these horrible disasters that will occur.
Only problem is, heh, they're talking about stuff that'll happen "by the year 2000", and, it hasn't. lol

I was always told that the increasing number of earthquakes foretold by Jesus in the Bible was an indication of being in the Last Days. And every couple of months there's a big earthquake somewhere *gasp*

On my way back from California a while ago I sat next to a geologist who was traveling the world studying ancient and modern earthquakes. He had a seismic record of earthquakes going back 20,000 years on his laptop and was comparing the data from the past to today. His conclusion was that there is no change in the frequency or magnitude of earthquakes over the course of the past several thousand years. The only thing that has changed was or ability to report it, hype it up and watch it on FOX News.

I know. I can't believe this isn't more obvious to people.
Yeah, there's an increase in RECORDED stuff happening.
They didn't whip out the papyrus or the chisel and diligently record every single instance of seismic or meteorological activity that occurred all through history over the entire face of the Earth to a level comparable to now with the internet and a million satellites in the heavens above and 500 24/7 channels starving for content, high technology and countless scientists studying countless subjects simultaneously.

It's really embarrassing.
Thousands of years ago there were Earthquakes happening where no humans lived and they had no idea about it. That's not the case now.

Wil, how many girls have aborted your babies?

Wil, how many girls have aborted your babies?
Mine are coveted.
Seriously, I had a girlfriend and her friend asked her if she could use some of my stuff because she said she wanted her kids to have the best genes.
I declined.

Mine are coveted.
Seriously, I had a girlfriend and her friend asked her if she could use some of my stuff because she said she wanted her kids to have the best genes.
I declined.

For future reference, Wil, the proper response to such a request is "I'll donate, but only if you drink every drop right off the tap". :up:

jag

What we need to do is have abortion legal until the child is eighteen years old. I'd love to see a parent put a bullet in the back of their fourteen year old kid's head.

For future reference, Wil, the proper response to such a request is "I'll donate, but only if you drink every drop right off the tap". :up:

jag
As with the 5 hippie chicks who wanted to pleasure me simultaneously-event, I have gone over it in my mind for years and come up with hundreds of better responses than the one I went with at the time.

:(:(

Mine are coveted.
I declined.

So she wasn't worried about potentially having angry, misanthropic children? :huh:

As with the 5 hippie chicks who wanted to pleasure me simultaneously-event, I have gone over it in my mind for years and come up with hundreds of better responses than the one I went with at the time.

:(:(

Regret is a bitter dish, so don't eat it very often my friend. :o

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"