International Study on Abortion Yields Interesting Results

Abortion reduces crimes?

Hahahahhahahhahah!! *shakes head*

It means that if it's legal, it will discourage illegal abortions.

Abortion reduces crime. True story. Would you prefer to have more crime in the society we live in? There's a book Freakonomics, it talks about how legalizing abortion lowered crime rates, you should check it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freakonomics

Although that idea sounds interesting. Exactly how can they proove this? Meaning, how did they link up the lowered crime rates to legalized abortion and not a coincedence or maybe other laws passed at the same time.

It's about making choices, if you can't afford at that time in your life to take care of a child, you should think twice about having sex. As for the line in bold, what does being low-income or poor have anything whatsoever with making mature and responsible decisions.

As for the last statement, I wouldn't call myself privileged. Had to earn just about everything I ever had, my parents are lower/middle class. I can't speak for everyone who rallies against abortion but I know I only think it's wrong because your killing an unborn child for your own mistake.

The majority of girls getting abortions are white, under the age of 25 and make less than $15,000 a year. Lower/middle class is a far higher standard of living than these girls have. And as far as making choices, the majority of them have not been taught how to make good choices. Many of them are from extremely harsh circumstances, have been taken advantage of their entire lives by men, are NOT in stable environments, can barely take care of themselves, little alone another needy life. I used to be completely pro-life until I did more research than what was spoon-fed to me by my religion.

Abortion reduces crimes?

If many of the people who get abortions would otherwise do a poor job of raising the kids in one way or several (usually several) and that would lead to the kids becoming criminals, doesn't it?

Of course, I'm certain that all the people who are thinking about getting abortions dream of bringing a child into the world, providing a strong, nurturing environment, and doing a stellar job of parenting...right?

Abortion reduces crimes?

Yes. Laugh all you want, but I don't see you writing any books.

It means that if it's legal, it will discourage illegal abortions.

No, it means crime, like murders, robberies, you know real crimes.

Although that idea sounds interesting. Exactly how can they proove this? Meaning, how did they link up the lowered crime rates to legalized abortion and not a coincedence or maybe other laws passed at the same time.

By comparing different statistics. I mean it was a whole section of this book so it's not that easy to put all in here. And certainly it didn't say that having legalized abortion was the only thing that reduced crime, but it was found to be a significant contributing factor. Obviously one of many, but a factor none the less. It's a pretty interesting book, had to read it for one of my Econ classes a couple of semesters ago.

theres some good money in killing babies.... gotta get some security. only need that doctorate....

Next time a chick I know is raped and becomes pregnant, I'll be sure to tell her how to make more responsible decisions.

Also, next time a woman has an entopic pregnancy that will kill her and the child, (or just her, or just the child, who knows?) I'll be sure to let her know she should have chosen to have a healthy pregnancy.

Next time a chick I know is raped and becomes pregnant, I'll be sure to tell her how to make more responsible decisions.

Also, next time a woman has an entopic pregnancy that will kill her and the child, (or just her, or just the child, who knows?) I'll be sure to let her know she should have chosen to have a healthy pregnancy.

You should read up on things a little more. Studies have shown that in most rape cases the attackers seed doesn't take. Call it a good old fashioned defense system with our bodies if you will, nature.

Look, I know there are different scenarios like a woman who was raped and does happen to get pregnant, or a pregnancy that could kill her. In those cases, Yes!, get the abortion. I'm just sick of the ones out their that get them just because they don't want to own up to being responsible.

I know a girl or two personally, that are still in their early 20's and have had in the range of 4-9 abortions. That is bull****, if I let my beliefs fall(don't believe in hitting woman) I would have smacked them across the face, and I mean with full force.

You just compared abortion to a McDonald's hot-coffee lawsuit.

Phail.

Actually you specifically brought up McDonald's and the coffee when I made no direct reference to any specific examples, though there are many. It was the example that are society is becoming lazier and more and more immature and irresponsible over the years. That of course goes back to what others have said to me though, were in the past abortion was secret and wasn't talked about outside of the houses but possibly, key word is possibly, happened just as much according to them.

I'd like to see your data on how everyone's becoming more and more irresponsible.
Where are your figures to back that up?
'Cause the way I see it is, if irresponsibility is exponentially growing, who's paying the rent, who's showing up to work every day, who's paying the workers, who's pumping the message to the the youth that you have to wear condoms 'cause everyone's going to die of AIDS.

If we're getting more an more irresponsible, within ten years everybody will be homeless. :huh:
How many married couples are doing their best to raise children well in a loving environment?
Oh yeah, millions and millions all around us, every day, going to the PTA meetings, the soccer games, the school plays, buying the camcorders to record the s***ty school play, getting the kids vaccinated, doing their taxes, getting insurance.

You think fewer and FEWER people are doing these things?!?!?!?

ridiculous
Let's see your figures on that.

You should read up on things a little more. Studies have shown that in most rape cases the attackers seed doesn't take. Call it a good old fashioned defense system with our bodies if you will, nature.

Look, I know there are different scenarios like a woman who was raped and does happen to get pregnant, or a pregnancy that could kill her. In those cases, Yes!, get the abortion. I'm just sick of the ones out their that get them just because they don't want to own up to being responsible.

I know a girl or two personally, that are still in their early 20's and have had in the range of 4-9 abortions. That is bull****, if I let my beliefs fall(don't believe in hitting woman) I would have smacked them across the face, and I mean with full force.

'Most cases' doesn't justify outlawing it for all cases.

I agree that it is stupid and irresponsible to have an abortion as just a solution for not taking contraceptives/having safe sex, but I don't think it should be illegal because it can be used that way. They are dumb people but we can't outlaw everything that dumb people do. Perhaps instead of trying to outlaw all the decisions dumb people make we should focus on changing the things in society that allow people to remain dumb instead of knowing how easy it is to be smart.

I don't think anyone who is pro-choice is arguing abortion as a valid solution to being an irresponsible ****. That is a valid concern against the legalization of abortion, but as the OP quoted, similar numbers of abortions happen whether its legal or not. Women are going to make these choices any way they can.

My comments were more geared toward the 'no abortion in any case at all, and also you can't use contraceptives' camp, in any case.

I'd like to see your data on how everyone's becoming more and more irresponsible.
Where are your figures to back that up?
'Cause the way I see it is, if irresponsibility is exponentially growing, who's paying the rent, who's showing up to work every day, who's paying the workers, who's pumping the message to the the youth that you have to wear condoms 'cause everyone's going to die of AIDS.

If we're getting more an more irresponsible, within ten years everybody will be homeless. :huh:
How many married couples are doing their best to raise children well in a loving environment?
Oh yeah, millions and millions all around us, every day, going to the PTA meetings, the soccer games, the school plays, buying the camcorders to record the s***ty school play, getting the kids vaccinated, doing their taxes, getting insurance.

You think fewer and FEWER people are doing these things?!?!?!?

ridiculous
Let's see your figures on that.

You are laughable do to the fact like a good number of the people on these boards you have no common sense and need everything to be spelled out for you. Here is why.......You jump to conclusions like the majority on here without stopping to THINK!

When I say people are becoming more and more irresponsible now days, if you had any common sense or smarts you would realize that it doesn't outright mean I'm meaning it in terms of everyone of those things you listed. You jumped to conclusions and started listing everything you could think of. If you go back and see the examples I used in past posts you would realize how now days too many people are becoming crybabies about everything.

Like I said before, suing companies over things that are their fault. Just because someone shows up to work and pays bills doesn't make them outright responsible. People do a lot of those things as a necessity to live. Responsibility also has to do with your actions in everyday life not just picking up a job, paying bills or raising kids. As for the raising kids lol!, that isn't going to well in our country either with parents suing(yet again) companies and whatnot because they in the end weren't watching what their kids were doing or watching on tv. Just because some people out their have kids doesn't instantly make them responsible, it comes down in that specific case to How are they raising them to be?

Do we really want people who were dumb enough to get themselves pregnant when they didn't want to be reproducing?

jag

Do we really want people who were dumb enough to get themselves pregnant when they didn't want to be reproducing?

jag

I was going to add "And really the solution to the problem of dumb people is simply more abortions" to the end of my post but I restrained myself. :csad::huh:

I was going to add "And really the solution to the problem of dumb people is simply more abortions" to the end of my post but I restrained myself. :csad::huh:

That is quite true actually lol.

Look, if they want to legalize it fine, i'm not entirely against it. It's just that so many out there are going to be having a field day like those few girls I mentioned a couple posts back. I know no one has or should have the right to tell someone what they can or can't do but all in all a level of responsibility is going down the drain, and everything starts off small.

This is a load of ****. Complete and utter horse ****. Just checked the medical journals and did a search on google and wiki and the best I could come up with was the morning after pill. Makes me wonder where the **** your getting your twisted information from.

Also, if you have sex in the water you won't get pregnant.

If you were raped standing up, scientific studies show, you're still a virgin. However, due to quantum uncertainty, you're also a **** who was asking for it. AT THE SAME TIME!:wow:

This is a load of ****. Complete and utter horse ****. Just checked the medical journals and did a search on google and wiki and the best I could come up with was the morning after pill. Makes me wonder where the **** your getting your twisted information from.

Various articles in the papers as well as science and medicine type magazines over oh.........the past 10 years or so. Yeah, I know it's not credible on message boards :whatever: if you never have the "sacred" links to wiki or some website which a lot of times can be one sided anyways depending on the source. If I can dig up some old magazines throughout the week though I will try and scan some articles if I can find them.

Its like particle-wave duality but with semen!

Also, Schroedinger's kittens were aborted.

Also, if you have sex in the water you won't get pregnant.

If you were raped standing up, scientific studies show, you're still a virgin. However, due to quantum uncertainty, you're also a **** who was asking for it. AT THE SAME TIME!:wow:

I love how people jump to being immature when they themselves don't have any facts to prove I'm wrong. Like I said in the post above this one, if I get the time, I will try to scan the articles and research I've read over the years that actual real life scientists and studies have shown over the years!!

Various articles in the papers as well as science and medicine type magazines over oh.........the past 10 years or so. Yeah, I know it's not credible on message boards :whatever: if you never have the "sacred" links to wiki or some website which a lot of times can be one sided anyways depending on the source. If I can dig up some old magazines throughout the week though I will try and scan some articles if I can find them.

I've just searched three medical databsaes. They returned nill. Nothing. Not. A. God. Damned. Thing. I don't need a link. I'd like a source that isn't a vague copout that sounds incredibly false and makes me doubt your age.

Its like particle-wave duality but with semen!

Also, Schroedinger's kittens were aborted.

If we put fetuses in a box with an unstable isotope, then they are both alive AND aborted. EVERYONE WINS!:up:

I've just searched three medical databsaes. They returned nill. Nothing. Not. A. God damned. Thing. I don't need a link. I'd like a source that isn't a vague copout that sounds incredibly false and makes me doubt your age.

Which 3 because I would love to read those as well. Links please!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"