Truly the most shocking and sad newsarticle I've ever read..

Red_Bull

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/27/us/27race.html?hp

"abortion is the primary tool in a decades-old conspiracy to kill off blacks."

"Data from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that black women get almost 40 percent of the country’s abortions, even though blacks make up only 13 percent of the population. Nearly 40 percent of black pregnancies end in induced abortion, a rate far higher than for white or Hispanic women."

"In one, the caller, played by James O’Keefe III, the provocateur recently arrested on charges that he tried to tamper with the telephones of Senator Mary L. Landrieu, Democrat of Louisiana, said, “You know, we just think, the less black kids out there, the better,” to which the Planned Parenthood employee replies, “Understandable, understandable."

WTF??

You know what? It makes perfect sense. It might, in fact, be true.

....so this is really just a new angle at the same old anti-abortion campaign (hell, it's not even new). :dry:

The irony here is that the conservatives are trying to demonize abortion by appealing to this minority group when in reality they're likely responsible for the socioeconomic conditions and policies that have led to the disproportionate numbers.

Last edited:
Hopefully, it works tho. I see something inherently wrong if nearly 40 percent of abortions are done by blacks.

What do you mean "Hopefully, it works?" Hopefully WHAT works?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/27/us/27race.html?hp

"abortion is the primary tool in a decades-old conspiracy to kill off blacks."

"Data from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that black women get almost 40 percent of the country’s abortions, even though blacks make up only 13 percent of the population. Nearly 40 percent of black pregnancies end in induced abortion, a rate far higher than for white or Hispanic women."

"In one, the caller, played by James O’Keefe III, the provocateur recently arrested on charges that he tried to tamper with the telephones of Senator Mary L. Landrieu, Democrat of Louisiana, said, “You know, we just think, the less black kids out there, the better,” to which the Planned Parenthood employee replies, “Understandable, understandable."

WTF??

You know what? It makes perfect sense. It might, in fact, be true.
Yeah , because whitey is forcing the blacks to get abortions. :whatever:

Sure racism still exists in the USA , but to suggest that abortions are being used to exterminate blacks is just stupid.

I can see this topic becoming a hot spot for controversy in the next few days.

lol WUT??

Just like there is a portion of white culture that is awful (rednecks), there is a portion of black culture that breeds statistics like "40% of black pregnancies lead to abortion", 70% of Black Births are Single mothers, and the fact three times more blacks are in jail than in college.

Now I am fully willing to acknowledge that there may be other factors that help contribute to these stats - but not enough to pretend that there isn't a major problem in a portion of the black community.

This quite obviously doesn't apply to anywhere near all of the Black Community. This isn't any sort of "racial superiority" sort of thing. This is acknowledging the gigantic neon signs pointing to problems.

I have a friend who is a self made man type, a very smart and rich guy. When he was young he liked to read books, the other blacks within his community alienated him and made fun of him for this. He'd even hide this reading habit from friends and relatives. They said he was "acting white". He never relented, too stubborn and had a good mother to counter this. Fortunately for him, everything worked out. But I don't think it is always the case for everyone.

Last edited:
I have a friend who is a self made man type, a very smart and rich guy. When he was young he liked to read books, the other blacks within his community would look down on him and make fun of him for this. He'd even hide this reading habit from friends and relatives. They said he was "acting white", and because of this, he was heavily alienated. He never relented, too stubborn and had a good mother to counter this. Fortunately for him, everything worked out, but I don't think it is always the case for everyone.
Bingo

I have a friend who is a self made man type, a very smart and rich guy. When he was young he liked to read books, the other blacks within his community would look down on him and make fun of him for this. He'd even hide this reading habit from friends and relatives. They said he was "acting white", and because of this, he was heavily alienated. He never relented, too stubborn and had a good mother to counter this. Fortunately for him, everything worked out, but I don't think it is always the case for everyone.
That's why I was shocked when they called Bill Cosby an uncle tom when he told them to stop blaming whites for their problems and start accepting responsibility for their actions.

More_Thats_Racist.gif

This can get really polarizing really fast, as while I agree with the Cos and what not on some issues, in the same breath, I ain't exactly a fan of a bunch of white guys saying what we as the black community should do, as opposed to taking a more unbiased role.

Just like there is a portion of white culture that is awful (rednecks),

/giggles]...portion...how bout some truth in 'portion' sizes here.

'Just like there is a portion of white culture'...
I would arguee there is no white culture, there is only American 'culture' and that's in the broadest oversimplified sense(subtracting entertainment), i.e. American food, that didn't originate from somwhere else
that is awful ( a whole chunk of society that ain't red as hell)

Unfortunatly caucasian's in large part can afford to be weak-without being seen as a detriment to the...group..as a whole....right?

It's not like planned pregnancies are being aborted. These are unwanted children.

Who's going to take care of all these unwanted black kids?

NOBODY, calm down......geeeeesh. lol

...and there goes Norman (unless he's using a font trick).

Looks like a font trick. Oh him and his clever internet lingo!

Stormy will be back soon enough ladies and gentlemen....I promise.

What he done did?

Edit- nevermind, I actually read his posts now. :o Haha, Norm.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"