Group of preachers claim planned parenthood are racists!

You know, because YouTube videos don't misconstrue the words or phrases of the organizations their makers are trying to protest, nor do they use vague phone calls in an effort distort the credibility of that organization. :whatever:

And, I just want to point out two things which really caught my eye about that four and a half minute musical montage of garbage:

1) The phone call which opened the video... I've worked for politicians who have a certain set of views. Regardless of those views, when someone calls the office, we are solely responsible for taking down their comments and acting as if we agree with the person on the other end. Someone may call into my office and say "Hillary Clinton is working with Ahmadinejad to nuke New York City," but my only reaction should be "okay, I'll pass your comments along." So, when someone calls planned parenthood and says "I want to donate money to your organization because I definitely think we should get rid of black people," it doesn't surprise me that the reaction of the woman on the other end is "well, we'll take the money for whatever reason."

2) The repeated use of the phrase "one person at a time," indicating to the uneducated person that Planned Parenthood advocates killing one "person" at a time. No, that's not overly biased one bit.

So yeah... that's some real classy, credible stuff right there...

I stopped paying attention after the phone call for the very reasons you delineate.

As am I. These people condemn abortion but throw a fit if someone mentions offering condoms in schools or teaching something other than abstinence. It is at best ridiculously naive and at worst just flat out stupidity.

I interned with a news channel when I was in college and we covered a protest at a pharmaceutical convention. They insisted this company was marketing a 'day after' drug that was killing unborn children. They even marched into the lobby of the hotel and got themselves all arrested, including the leader's 12-year-old son.

So we went to the local hospital to get the medical opinion on the drug, and the doctor's reaction when we told her they claimed it was an abortion drug was "WHAT?!?!" Literally, that was her reaction. Turned out it was just a contraceptive.

Then again there are phamacists who refuse to prescribe birth control pills because they believe it's against their religion to prevent contraception. That one really makes me mad because women take birth control for medical reasons as well as for contraception, but they don't see to care about that.

Wait, I think I'm missing something here, where does it say Planned Parenthood is forcing black women to have abortions? Maybe this group would be better served talking to young black men and women to keep it in their pants or use protection and maybe they wouldn't need the abortion in the first place. However, that's probably just as bad, then you're promoting that black men and women shouldn't have babies. Guess it's a lose-lose situation.

As is usual with such things, these preachers reveal that they themselves are utter, disgusting racists, by advocating to deny poor and black women the medical options which well-off white women enjoy.

Nice to see that Memphis has moved on from the torture apologia, though.

Then again there are phamacists who refuse to prescribe birth control pills because they believe it's against their religion to prevent contraception. That one really makes me mad because women take birth control for medical reasons as well as for contraception, but they don't see to care about that.

It's more of an issue of discrimination. If they prescribe it to one person but not to another, they could get in hot water over that. So, they just refuse to prescribe it under any circumstances, and they avoid discrimination claims. They may have no moral problem with using it to help with acne, but they have to sacrifice that for what they do have a moral problem with.

It's more of an issue of discrimination. If they prescribe it to one person but not to another, they could get in hot water over that. So, they just refuse to prescribe it under any circumstances, and they avoid discrimination claims. They may have no moral problem with using it to help with acne, but they have to sacrifice that for what they do have a moral problem with.

Pharmacists should not be allowed to decide what's moral or not. They should provide access to medicine which is legal by law to everyone regardless of their religious or ideological beliefs.

It's the pharmacists' job to fill prescriptions given by the doctor. If they have a problem with what a doctor prescribes their patients, that pharmacist should choose another career

Pharmacists should not be allowed to decide what's moral or not. They should provide access to medicine which is legal by law to everyone regardless of their religious or ideological beliefs.

I couldn't agree more Jman.

Would you force doctors to perform abortions?

Or, better yet, this: Let's say that these psychotic Christians that you talk about actually manage to criminalize homosexuality and require mandatory chemical or physical castration for anyone caught engaging in homosexual activity. Would you then say that these pharmacists should be forced to provide chemical castration drugs for that purpose? There are some pharmacists that would object for moral reasons. But, it is legal by law.

Would you force doctors to perform abortions?

That is entirely different. Doctors who perform abortions are specifically trained to do so. A pharmacist who administers medicine to someone who has acne doesn't make him a dermatologist. Same thing if he administers medicine who aborts a woman's pregnancy. These people agree to make medicine for the general public, not to impose their religious or moral values on the already women who need that pill.

Or, better yet, this: Let's say that these psychotic Christians that you talk about actually manage to criminalize homosexuality and require mandatory chemical or physical castration for anyone caught engaging in homosexual activity. Would you then say that these pharmacists should be forced to provide chemical castration drugs for that purpose? There are some pharmacists that would object for moral reasons. But, it is legal by law.

Unfortunately, if that were the case, the pharmacists would have no choice but to oblige. They have a job to administer medicine regardless of their moral beliefs. That is the criteria of the job they sign up for. They are there to help those who seek their services, not to impose their beliefs on society.

Unfortunately, if that were the case, the pharmacists would have no choice but to oblige. They have a job to administer medicine regardless of their moral beliefs. That is the criteria of the job they sign up for. They are there to help those who seek their services, not to impose their beliefs on society.

You're nothing if not consistent, jman. :up:

I would still say they shouldn't have to.

Guys, while I see abortion and contraception (preventing the egg and sperm from joining) as two entirely different procedures, the issue behind this discussion is the same.

Should a pharmacist (or any professional) be required to violate his/her religious or moral beliefs in the practice of his/her profession? I say no. There are other people who will perform abortions, and there are other people who will fill prescriptions. Obviously, y'all disagree.

Well, they'd have to since their job is filling prescriptions, not choosing which ones to fill because they don't like what it does

Guys, while I see abortion and contraception (preventing the egg and sperm from joining) as two entirely different procedures, the issue behind this discussion is the same.

Should a pharmacist (or any professional) be required to violate his/her religious or moral beliefs in the practice of his/her profession? I say no. There are other people who will perform abortions, and there are other people who will fill prescriptions. Obviously, y'all disagree.

I see your argument Rob, but the point is that they can't inflict their personal religious beliefs or whathaveyou on their patients. They can't pick and chose, they are bound by law to help their patients. (As Jman said above.)

If the Africans took better care of them selfs they would not have so much problems.

The inherient problem with Slim's argument is the fact that it isn't just black women that have abortions--white women, latin women, asian women, every ethnic group or creed has had a number of women have abortions.

If the Africans took better care of them selfs they would not have so much problems.

thestupiditburns.jpg

^ Haha. Yeah, that's one way of putting it.

What I love about Arkady is that he will on occasion (though he is sometimes correct about our country) bring right and left together in a union of disgust. Truly a uniter and not a divider.

First of all, it isn't a factual piece of writing. The majority of the footnoted sources are opinion pieces or background information from anti-abortion groups.

So that makes it automatically untrue??? Just because it came from anti-abortion groups?? So by that same logic I say that evolution is a fairy tale because it comes from Atheist scientists who already have a bias against creation.

Moreover, the majority of quotes which were used by those affiliated with planned parenthood are open-ended and have been skewed to favor the opinion of the person writing this piece. Next, anyone who claims that abortion is a tool used in a plot to destroy the African American race has to be a conspiracy theorist considering women who get abortions make a conscientious decision to terminate their pregnancies.

Have you ever read Margaret Sangers reasons for starting PP?? Not only did she hate brown people, but she the poor were a waste of space as well. Hitler was her inspiration. Did you know the majority of their clinics (85 percent) are found in urban areas??

No one is forcing them to get an abortion. Abortion clinics don't take to the streets and force pregnant African American women to kill their unborn children. The decision to end one's pregnancy comes down to a conscientious choice made by one person and one person alone. Not a pro-choice organization, not the Supreme Court... it comes down to the choice of no one but the mother herself.

On that issue, I'll agree with you. But if you are putting your clinics in areas where people are desperate and then you position yourself as the savior while really being the wolf, there's some big issues there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"