The Jaimie Alexander/Lady Sif thread

Some eye candy.. :awesome:

tumblr_mlpsoipcJz1rpu7smo1_500.jpg

jaimie_alexander_maxim_01.jpg

wenn3321765.jpg

tumblr_mltrkmbtzR1rrr5oio1_500.jpg

I think there was a sif thread actually, but since it wasn't used in a long time, it got lost within this back end of this forum.

Also, here's a question for some folks:

Given on how Jaimie has been talking about how we'll see Sif's Love for Thor in the upcoming sequel, do you guys think that the first film hinted enough that Sif had those types of feelings for Thor to begin with, so that it doesn't feel like the whole "love triangle" aspect is being forced and rushed in this film? Because I didn't get the entire impression that Sif had feelings more than platonic ones for Thor in the first film, though I may have missed it.

Given on how Jaimie has been talking about how we'll see Sif's Love for Thor in the upcoming sequel, do you guys think that the first film hinted enough that Sif had those types of feelings for Thor to begin with, so that it doesn't feel like the whole "love triangle" aspect is being forced and rushed in this film? Because I didn't get the entire impression that Sif had feelings more than platonic ones for Thor in the first film, though I may have missed it.

No, there was nothing in the first film that suggested Sif had those kind of feelings for Thor. Sif is a warrior born type though, so it's not hard to imagine that she would endeavor to keep her emotions in check.

As long as they don't overdo it and turn her into some kind of a lovesick school girl, it should be fine.

Here's the sexy Jaime Alexander at the Iron Man 3 premiere's red carpet:

jaimealexander2.jpg

she's beautiful, and can really rock the short hair well. (looking at you anne hathaway) :D

When she was first cast as Sif, I knew she would look spot-on once she got just a little older. She's perfect for the role now. Some people get even better looking with age, and I think she's one of them.

No, there was nothing in the first film that suggested Sif had those kind of feelings for Thor. Sif is a warrior born type though, so it's not hard to imagine that she would endeavor to keep her emotions in check.

As long as they don't overdo it and turn her into some kind of a lovesick school girl, it should be fine.

Friends (mostly female friends) who were in the cinema with me and didn't know anything about Thor's and Sif's relationship from the comics said to me they realized that there could be something more than just friendly feelings when Sif says at the end with a sad voice that Thor misses the mortal.

So I'd say it was hinted, but very slightly.

Friends (mostly female friends) who were in the cinema with me and didn't know anything about Thor's and Sif's relationship from the comics said to me they realized that there could be something more than just friendly feelings when Sif says at the end with a sad voice that Thor misses the mortal.

You're right. I completely forgot about that scene.

I think there was a sif thread actually, but since it wasn't used in a long time, it got lost within this back end of this forum.

Also, here's a question for some folks:

The only remark I remember from Thor that had any inkling that she cared who Thor loved was at the end when she told Frigga, "He misses her, the mortal."

I think it was hinted at just enough. And I agree as long as they don't over-do the sick puppy jealous school girl, it'll be fine.

I agree. She may have always presumed that she would end up with Thor but seeing him pine for Jane was a bit of a lightbulb panic moment because she realised she may have missed her chance.

I don't usually like love triangle stories but I must admit that I can't wait to see how Sif, Thor and Jane all deal with it. I'm sure it won't just be Sif who's jealous of Jane. At some point Jane will watch them together and realise how much more suited Sif is for Thor.

She has stated before they shot more stuff of Sif having feelings for Thor but they decided to cut that out of the movie. I wanted to see them release this on the blur ray but none of the deleted scenes touch this. So I'm guessing they wanted to save the material for the sequel. I mean if they weren't going in that direction at all releasing it wouldn't be a big deal.

Finally, a thread for the Lady Sif. :D

I have one major regret from the first film, and it isn't the not-a-Destroyer-fight. It is the lack of Sif and her love for the Thunderer. Fix it!

“You definitely see a more vulnerable side to Sif and you see her sacrifice a bit for Thor because she is very much in love with him. She cares about him, they grew up together.” — Jaimie Alexander (January 2013) More interview (video) HERE

Finally, a thread for the Lady Sif. :D

I have one major regret from the first film, and it isn't the not-a-Destroyer-fight. It is the lack of Sif and her love for the Thunderer. Fix it!

I think they thought it would be too confusing, and they wanted to keep the focus on Thor and Jane. Since there was nothing but friendship between Thor and Sif in the first movie, I hope it won't look strange that she has feelings beyond friendship in the sequel all of a sudden now.

“You definitely see a more vulnerable side to Sif and you see her sacrifice a bit for Thor because she is very much in love with him. She cares about him, they grew up together.” — Jaimie Alexander (January 2013) More interview (video) HERE

Cool! Thanks for posting this here! "She is very much in love"... that sounds great!! :hrt:

That glance of Sif (at Jane?) in the trailer was so great mwhaha.

I must admit despite my username I never cared much enough for the Sif in the comics. She was not giving much for Midgard and was always too arrogant. I took the name just because I do love Thor and cause she is a female asgardian warrior. Jamie's Sif is so much beyond that. I absolutely love her character in the movies. She's truly leveled up that character and now I am so glad, I didn't pick "Enchantress" as my username. :yay:

I think they thought it would be too confusing, and they wanted to keep the focus on Thor and Jane. Since there was nothing but friendship between Thor and Sif in the first movie, I hope it won't look strange that she has feelings beyond friendship in the sequel all of a sudden now.

Cool! Thanks for posting this here! "She is very much in love"... that sounds great!! :hrt:

That glance of Sif (at Jane?) in the trailer was so great mwhaha.

I must admit despite my username I never cared much enough for the Sif in the comics. She was not giving much for Midgard and was always too arrogant. I took the name just because I do love Thor and cause she is a female asgardian warrior. Jamie's Sif is so much beyond that. I absolutely love her character in the movies. She's truly leveled up that character and now I am so glad, I didn't pick "Enchantress" as my username. :yay:

I agree with your statement regarding sif regarding her in the comics I also thought she was too arrogant and condescending at times therefore I was never a fan , but I will say that jamie's sif makes her an enjoyable character to watch :yay:

I wonder what she means by sacrifice? Cause she said that Sif doesn't die.

It can't be that she sacrifices her love for thor, so he can be with Jane, it can't be that, because I REFUSE to believe that Jane survives this movie.

I hope

I wonder what she means by sacrifice? Cause she said that Sif doesn't die.

It can't be that she sacrifices her love for thor, so he can be with Jane, it can't be that, because I REFUSE to believe that Jane survives this movie.

I hope

bwahaha lol. Then you tell me Thor won't be able to protect Jane? Well, if Sif truly loves him, she wants him to be happy and lets him go? Hey, I wonder if Thor actually loves back Sif! Cause he is with Jane and all that. Maybe it's just Sif beeing in love with him?? Does that make sense even? :huh:

bwahaha lol. Then you tell me Thor won't be able to protect Jane? Well, if Sif truly loves him, she wants him to be happy and lets him go? Hey, I wonder if Thor actually loves back Sif! Cause he is with Jane and all that. Maybe it's just Sif beeing in love with him?? Does that make sense even? :huh:

lol idk. But the trailer made it kind of look like Malekith kills her?

Holy Odinson!

:hrt:

Whiplash....you have the same avatar as me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"