The Jesus Christ Appreciation and Worship Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, Ash. We're not exempt. The Bible tells us that Jesus prayed that we not be taken out of the world and elsewhere scripture declares that he who endures to the end shall be saved. The end is not the pre-trib rapture as the tribulation has still yet to take place (which means the end is not yet).

It's pretty simple. The rapture was invented so that people could feel like they had an escape from this "horrible" life. From my conversations with many pre-tribbers in particular...their hope is all in escaping. They had this life and want to escape it with as little pain as possible. (again, i've spoken with MANY pre-tribbers who share this belief)

Personally, I believe there is no rapture at all. And there is far more biblical/historical truth to prove it. The Lord is coming to Earth to bring his Kingdom here. (much like it says "On earth as it is in heaven" When Christ returns...the heavens and Earth will be one. A single Kingdom for all time. (it says 1000 years, but since we shouldn't read Revelation literally it actually means for all time, countless,etc...) Most well educated scholars of the word frown upon rapture theories as they are simply not biblical without twisting and shoehorning scriptures.
OK, glad to see how you guys view it so I can know where you're both coming from. The rapture doesn't seem biblical to me and when I think of rapture, I think of BioShock, which can't be a good thing. Not sure if God is interested in video games, but I digress. It really boils down to how you interpret scripture because only one interpretation is correct. As believers, we have to be ready for whatever tribulation for we will endure in the end of days so we can finish the race. I'm not being arrogant and saying that my view is the only view, but it's wise to look at both sides so you can determine whether or not what your pastor is teaching you is correct. Pastor will be held to a higher standard during the judgment after all and I'd hate to be the one judging them.

Ssssssssssssssup Bro? :woot:

(NOTE: The NIV is a step youngin of the KJV. Thank you for being honest and humble. I covet your zeal.)
Thanks for this note, my friend.

Yeah, the NIV is kinda the young cousin of the KJV or something like that. I'm enjoying your posts over at the atheism thread. The truth is so hard to accept by many as I think we have both seen in that thread but we have the assurance that with God, everything is possible. Amen. I will continue to pray for the spirit to lead you in all that you say in that thread.

Blessings. :yay:

My best friend is agnostic and I pray for her but prayer is supposedly just about altering our mindset. What can I do aside from just waiting? Is God up for bribery? I would say I'd sell him my soul for her salvation, but he already has it..:funny:

Hey fellow Christian hypers. Just found this thread now. I came to Christ in 9th grade and it has just impacted my life so positively. Going to a Christian College college next year and I can't wait. So fun question, what are your favorite worship songs? Mine atm are How He Loves by DCB and From The Inside Out by Hillsong

Hey fellow Christian hypers. Just found this thread now. I came to Christ in 9th grade and it has just impacted my life so positively. Going to a Christian College college next year and I can't wait. So fun question, what are your favorite worship songs? Mine atm are How He Loves by DCB and From The Inside Out by Hillsong

How He Loves is fantastic! If you have Spotify I can send you my playlists, but here's my list of some I've really been liking lately:

I Need Words-DCB
Foreverandever.etc-DCB
Wholly Yours-DCB
Undignified-DCB
I Saw The Light-DCB version
Praise and Adore-Wavorly
The Glory of it All-DCB
Take The World But Give Me Jesus-Ascend The Hill
So Good To Us-Ascend The Hill
The Love of God-Ascend The Hill
You Have My Heart-Ascend The Hill

CmcTO0S.gif

Hope everyone has a Blessed Holy Week and Happy Easter!

And as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside, and on the way he said to them, “See, we are going up to Jerusalem. And the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn him to death and deliver him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified, and he will be raised on the third day. Matthew 20:17-19

Today is Good Friday. Millions of Christians all over the world will honor what happened in the city of Jerusalem almost 2000 years ago. Yashua ben Joseph—Jesus— was condemned to death and the crucified for the sins of the world, once for all time. He was the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world and He triumphed over the god of the this world, The Fallen One, Satan, defeating him on Calvary.
What I want to discuss on this day is that Jesus knew what was about to take place, in regard to His death. The Passage above is weeks before His scourging and crucifixion, yet He knows what is the future and is calling it out ahead of time to His disciples, warning of them of what is to come.
As a man He asked his Father in the Garden of Gethsemane, If there is a way to let this cup pass from me so be it, nevertheless your will be done….
As the Chosen one, the Messiah, He knew that without the shedding of His blood there could be no redemption from the sin that plagues and enslaves the human race.
We are told that darkness covered the land for three hours as Jesus hung on the cross. When Jesus uttered His last words, It is finished, and gave up His spirit, there was a great earthquake, the Temple veil was torn in two and people saw the dead walking in the streets of Jerusalem.
The Fallen One believed he had finally defeated the Messiah and victory would now be his, mankind would be enslaved forever. He couldn’t have been more wrong.
In closing todays short post: Jesus labored in the Garden of Gethsemane, so much so that great drops of blood appeared on His forehead. He knew what was going to take place only a few short hours away. He knew what torment every lash would bring, yet He went to the cross anyway.
He is our redeemer, and He fulfilled many prophecies in a 24 hour period that can not be denied.
There are many who do not know about these prophecies and so I will list them below. As you read them think about the statistical probability of them happening. Coincidence? I think not. He was the Messiah and He will return as King soon. Even so, come Lord Jesus….

Twenty-eight Prophecies Fulfilled On the Crucifixion Day
http://www.cbcg.org/franklin/SA/SA_28prophecies.pdf

ASH j. willaimas, ANIBAL aka hmmars can you guys please!! come to facebook??? imdhulk and eric is brock is waiting on you guys just type in myron j perry we can connect.

if you guys dont have a facebook acct. get one plz!!!! look me up and i'll connect you to imdhulk and eric is brock

CmcTO0S.gif

Hope everyone has a Blessed Holy Week and Happy Easter!

You too. :word::up:
I have been doing A lot of cleaning up today for Easter tomorrow, since we are hosting the family dinner this year and lot of things need to be cleaned. Looking forward to the dinner and family.

Come to Jesus by Mindy Smith is a fave. :) It speaks of faith even during suffering and since I have chronic pain I find it can help me.

good to find this thread!
Happy Easter to all of you and your families!!

“The point of the resurrection…is that the present bodily life is not valueless just because it will die…What you do with your body in the present matters because God has a great future in store for it…What you do in the present—by painting, preaching, singing, sewing, praying, teaching, building hospitals, digging wells, campaigning for justice, writing poems, caring for the needy, loving your neighbor as yourself—will last into God's future. These activities are not simply ways of making the present life a little less beastly, a little more bearable, until the day when we leave it behind altogether (as the hymn so mistakenly puts it…). They are part of what we may call building for God's kingdom.”
― N. T. Wright, Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church

The rapture doesn't seem biblical to me

It really boils down to how you interpret scripture because only one interpretation is correct. As believers, we have to be ready for whatever tribulation for we will endure in the end of days so we can finish the race.
I actually believe in the rapture, Ash. What else can be said in Matthew 24:29-31 or 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17? But I believe the rapture will be after the tribulation (at the earliest).

As for the 7 year tribulation (providing you believe that), I believe the Church is going straight in and through it. There is no pre-trib rapture. I'm thinking a post-trib rapture, perhaps even a post-millennium rapture.

I actually believe in the rapture, Ash. What else can be said in Matthew 24:29-31 or 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17? But I believe the rapture will be after the tribulation (at the earliest).

As for the 7 year tribulation (providing you believe that), I believe the Church is going straight in and through it. There is no pre-trib rapture. I'm thinking a post-trib rapture, perhaps even a post-millennium rapture.

The gospel passages about “the Son of Man coming on the clouds” (Mark 13:26, 14:62, for example and Thessalonians 4:16-17) are about Jesus’ vindication, his “coming” to heaven from earth. The parables about a returning king or master (for example, Luke 19:11-27) were originally about God returning to Jerusalem, not about Jesus returning to earth.

But just as important...Paul was writing specifically to the Thessalonians at this time because they were led to believe that when Christians died before the return of Christ they would miss out on seeing the Kingdom fully realized on earth (this is why it's important to read scripture with historical context)

The entire point of the scripture is that the dead will not miss out on the resurrection as they originally thought. He was using scripture and phrases they would understand (cloud symbolism) to teach and correct them. It's easy to see how so many here in western culture had misunderstood that scripture. You really need to have some knowledge of OT word pictures, first century ideas of imperial coronations (crowning of kings), and an awareness of second temple Judaism to understand the imagery Paul uses in this passage.

The language of Jesus coming on clouds and everyone going up to meet him, should not be understood literally, but should instead be seen as a powerful image of divine kingship.
In the first century, kings would return to the city victorious from battle and be paraded back into his city.
You will recall that they actually did this to Jesus on Palm Sunday. The striking contrast is that Jesus was riding on a donkey, not a white horse; he didn’t have an army, only a hopeful crowd of peaceful followers and fans.

The trumpets blasting indicate a victorious procession and anthem upon Christ’s return (v. 16). The clouds should rightfully be understood as exalting Christ as divine. In both the Old and New Testaments the cloud(s) speak of divinity—God’s presence.

You see this with the cloud by day which led the Hebrews out of Egypt, the cloud on Mt. Sinai that surrounded Moses when receiving the Law, the clouds of the Son of Man in Dan 7:13, the cloud enveloping Jesus during his transfiguration, and now here with the return of Christ.

Jesus will literally “come down from heaven” (God’s space), not literally float down from cumulus clouds, but a hidden dimension altogether.
The purpose of the dead rising to “meet the Lord in the air” is to mix the metaphors (as it were) in presenting this picture of a divine king coming to his city and being paraded back (to earth in this case) by his people. It’s a beautiful image that ancient readers would have understood.

1 John 4:7-12

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"