"The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't these the people that said Sivana was going to be an immortal sorcerer in Shazam?

I wouldn't mind that. I really want Gotham to be timeless actually. A mixture of old and new just like they did it on Gotham and BTAS.
I wouldn't mind that either. Also, why exactly 80s...

Burton's first two outings are the only movies to nail Gotham, IMO. Nolan did a pretty good job in Begins though.

Burton's first two outings are the only movies to nail Gotham, IMO. Nolan did a pretty good job in Begins though.

Totally agreed! I want them to try again for something a bit more fantastical like the Gotham listed in those movies

Gotta have at least one police blimp.

Totally agreed! I want them to try again for something a bit more fantastical like the Gotham listed in those movies

Not that I’m in any way opposed, but has any recent superhero movie (besides BP) gone the Burton route? I can’t remember the last time I saw a city that looked stylized.

Yeah, I love Nolan's films but I wish he would have stuck to the look for Gotham that he had in Begins. It still looked like a real city but it definitely had comic book influence, whereas in the other two films it just looked like Chicago/NYC/Pittsburgh. Burton's 1989 film probably had the best looking Gotham overall, but he went overboard with the statues and weird sh** in Returns. The Gotham in Returns wasn't as cartoonish as Schumacher's eyesore of a city but it certainly planted the seeds for that bull****.

^That's not bad. I do hope we get a bit more traditional with the overall aesthetic. I don't really want to see any kind of gimmicks with scars, tattoos, etc. I just want a more traditional looking Joker.

I still think the Leto reveal was one of the worst character reveals I have ever seen. Just terrible.

^That's not bad. I do hope we get a bit more traditional with the overall aesthetic. I don't really want to see any kind of gimmicks with scars, tattoos, etc. I just want a more traditional looking Joker.

I still think the Leto reveal was one of the worst character reveals I have ever seen. Just terrible.
I remember our first "look" at his Joker was from those blurry paparazzi photos of him looking at a costume test on his cell phone. Obviously we couldn't tell he had tattoos and metal teeth from those, so at the time we thought he looked pretty traditional and we all got very excited about it.

Then the official photo dropped. :funny:

well-bye-animated-gif.gif

Perfect. Just enough time for Joaquin's Joker film to start production, build hype, and hopefully erase all hope for Leto's return.

:sly:

Whatever they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"