Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

Or Joker and Batman depending on how you interpret their relationship.
In this case, might be more accurate to say "depending on how Joker interprets their relationship" I would love to see how Batman would come across from the perspective of such an unreliable narrator, does Batman even exist, or is he just another of Arthur's many delusions and "Batman" is just how Arthur sees a particular therapist, police officer, fellow mental patient, etc.? Lots of potential for a somewhat abstract take on Batman where his very existence is uncertain.

In this case, might be more accurate to say "depending on how Joker interprets their relationship" I would love to see how Batman would come across from the perspective of such an unreliable narrator, does Batman even exist, or is he just another of Arthur's many delusions and "Batman" is just how Arthur sees a particular therapist, fellow mental patient, a police officer, etc.? Lots of potential for a somewhat abstract take on Batman where his very existence is uncertain.

That’s a great idea that I would love to see!

This might be an unpopular opinion, but if the subtitle refers to Harley, that honestly gets me interested. As much as I love Margot Robbie's version, I was still disappointed by how Suicide Squad (like a lot of things) mishandled the Mad Love storyline and seeing an alternate take on it throughout the whole movie would be intriguing to me. Just really diving in-depth into how much of a toxic relationship those two have.

On the other hand, also not against the idea of the battle of the Jokers especially if the one Phoenix faces is played by Willem Dafoe. :hehe:
There is a rumor that Lady Gaga was cast to play Harley Quinn but i dont know if its for the Batman universe or Joker universe

Or hear me out, maybe it’s revealed Arthur has a twin brother and he’s also played by Joaquin Phoenix! Dun, Dun, Dun!

:o

In this case, might be more accurate to say "depending on how Joker interprets their relationship" I would love to see how Batman would come across from the perspective of such an unreliable narrator, does Batman even exist, or is he just another of Arthur's many delusions and "Batman" is just how Arthur sees a particular therapist, police officer, fellow mental patient, etc.? Lots of potential for a somewhat abstract take on Batman where his very existence is uncertain.
It can fit. Folie A Deux is when one person who has psychosis, convinces someone else of the same psychosis. Usually they are the dominant person in the relationship and the other, more passive, person has little contact outside of this other person. In a way its sort of like Stockholme syndrome but for mental illness. Be subject it long enough and you begin to adopt the behavior, and basically become the person in power of a relationship, a copycat of them. It doesn't only happen in couples, but in any kind of relationship. It could work because if you think about it, something similar happened to Arthur in the first movie. He became his mother and had her same psychosis and delusions. Had contact with other people but her, and even started sleeping in her same bed. And Penny convinced Arthur of her delusion with Thomas Wayne too. They could show how Arthur either does the same to Bruce, or Harley.

I think Folie a Deux refers to either Batman or Harley Quinn. Harvey Dent is also a possibility as well.

Todd Phillips Wants to See a 'Batman' Movie from His 'Joker' World - Variety

Even though there aren’t any solid plans to make a “Joker” sequel, director Todd Phillips would like to see a Batman movie from “Joker’s” Gotham City.

“It’s a beautiful Gotham. What I would like to see someone tackle is what Batman looks like from that Gotham,” Phillips told Variety’s Marc Malkin at the Palm Springs International Film Festival, where he was being awarded with Variety’s Creative Impact in Directing Award.

However, Phillips was quick to say that he wouldn’t be the one to make that movie.

“I’m not saying I’m going to do that. What was interesting to me about the inclusion of Batman in our movie was, ‘What kind of Batman does that Gotham make?’ That’s all I meant by that,” he said.

Of course, there is a chance he could have changed his mind.

The possibilities with the title.

So I guess this means the events of the first film happened, even if most of it did, I would not be surprised if some was distorted from Arthur’s POV.

Is Joker 2 confirmed? in all places they are confirming it 100% but I have not seen that DC has published something about it

Is Joker 2 confirmed? in all places they are confirming it 100% but I have not seen that DC has published something about it
Todd Phillips posting a picture of the cover of the script and a picture of Phoenix reading said script isn't confirmation enough?

Well, this should be interesting. I have to believe that Philips and Joaquin wouldn't be returning to this world if they didn't feel they had a story that absolutely needed to be told.

Yup, Phoenix must have been blown away by Phillips’ pitch.

Quinn seems like the most obvious character to include by the title alone. I just hope those Gaga rumors weren't associated with this project.

Wasn’t expecting an announcement so soon, thought they would just play coy for the time being.

This makes me think it would be interesting to depict multiple variations of Batman in one film to represent Joker's unreliable narrator and as a mirror of his "multiple choice" origins.

Wasn’t expecting an announcement so soon, thought they would just play coy for the time being.

I think Zaslav wants to be more decisive than previous management.

Yeah, I don't get why there are so many people thinking this might be a "two Jokers" movie, because 1, why would they make such a movie, and 2, why would anyone want such a movie?

You never know. Most had those same questions about the first one when those rumours began.

This makes me think it would be interesting to depict multiple variations of Batman in one film to represent Joker's unreliable narrator and as a mirror of his "multiple choice" origins.

I think Zaslav wants to be more decisive than previous management.

I’m hoping we see Batman in this fashion if he does appear. Sounds awesome!

I said back after the film was released that seeing how Batman would look through Joker's eyes would be a great way to make a sequel that doesn't step on the toes of other Batman projects. Could be weird and fun!

I said back after the film was released that seeing how Batman would look through Joker's eyes would be a great way to make a sequel that doesn't step on the toes of other Batman projects. Could be weird and fun!

Joker seeing Batman as a demon would be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"