Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

Get Thomas F Wilson (Biff) for Thomas Wayne.

So Baldwin is out? Good. Between his 30 Rock character and all the SNL skits he's done I could never take him seriously as Thomas Wayne.

Looks like everything is in order at WB, as usual.

Thomas Wayne shouldn’t even be in this movie.

BhXCUG5.jpg

Does this mean he was never hired in the first place or that the character was never conceived as such?

"So this is the new Joker "
" No this is a different Joker in an alternate universe "
"But weren't the Nolan films in an alternate universe "
"No they were in their own separate universe "
"So an alternate universe to the current one "
" Yeah but it's got nothing to do with these movies "
"And these movies have nothing to do with each other ? "
"Yeah but like.... Uuuum.... they do at the same time cause uuum... It's Elseworlds "
" But I thought Batman killed The Joker in that one movie where he killed his parents "
" I uuuuh.... "
"So when does Iron Man come in ? "

Trying to explain the DCEU/FU ****ery : A Summary

Baldwin's not in the movie? What a shame...

The thing is when WB has a plan it's gone horribly for them. So maybe WB's best plan is to not have one. Make one standalone movie at a time to discern what works. Which is what they should have done in the first place.

However, I don't think the majority of this DCCU being constant Batman spin offs is ever a good idea.

BhXCUG5.jpg

Does this mean he was never hired in the first place or that the character was never conceived as such?

I read that in Trump's voice. #FakeNews

It sounds like he was hired, didn't plan to act like Trump, and dropped out due to "schedule conflicts."

It sounds like he was hired, didn't plan to act like Trump, and dropped out due to "schedule conflicts."

It does sound like that. It sounds like some WB Exec was like, "you know what would be great, if we have an 80s business guy like Trump in the new movie! That's current! And you know who does a great Trump? Alec Baldwin!" So they bring Alec up, tell him that they'd like him to play a wealthy businessman - Bruce's father. Alec, naturally, is like, "sure.. that sounds great." Meanwhile, no one told him their plans on what a wealthy businessman actually means to them. The beans got spilt yesterday, and this was the first that Alec heard of it... as rumors over the Internet. Once Alec realized and confirmed that yes - he was typecast as a Donald impersonator, he was out in 2 seconds.

Maybe that's not how it went down, but that sure as heck is how it reads.

Yup, if they went with that route, you know the hassle the cast would get via tweets and it's just unwanted publicity - plus Alec must be tired of that schtick.

I read that in Trump's voice. #FakeNews

Why would he agree to play the role if he's against such portrayal in first place ? Makes no sense to sign something if he is not up for it.

Last edited:
Why would he agree to play the role if he's against such portrayal in first place ? Manes no sense to sign something if he is not up for it.

Maybe he wasn't aware of the portrayal that there were expecting until the rumors hit yesterday.

How can he sign up for a movie and not know what role he's going to be playing? If that is what happened Baldwin or his agent ****ed up.

Either,

Baldwin blindly agreed to play the role in the movie and backed out when he realized (a bit too late) how the character was written.
or,

Baldwin was approached for the role, saw what was written for Thomas Wayne but he turned it down due to scheduling issues.

Either way, the role could be played by "any of the 25 different actors" (paraphrasing)

"You are worthress Arec Baawin, you are worthress Arec Baawin..." La la la.

Etc.

It might be for the best that Alec Baldwin isn't in the movie if the role really is a "80s Donald Trump" type businessman. It would just harken back to SNL and look like obvious typecasting.

I just hope this Thomas Wayne role isn't too over the top or too broad.

Either,

Baldwin blindly agreed to play the role in the movie and backed out when he realized (a bit too late) how the character was written.
or,

Baldwin was approached for the role, saw what was written for Thomas Wayne but he turned it down due to scheduling issues.

Given that THR reported his casting as a done deal, I suspect the former is more likely.

Mark Hughes at Forbes saying:

After buzz earlier this week about Alec Baldwin joining the Joker movie project to portray Thomas Wayne as a Trump-like character, Baldwin has departed the project due to scheduling conflicts. Before his departure, Baldwin tweeted out a denial of the report his character was based on Trump. I already suspected the report was erroneous (and where it probably originated), and Baldwin's denial backed that up. Now, I've confirmed that no, Thomas Wayne was not going to be a Trump-like character at all.

Whomever provided the information for The Hollywood Reporter's story claiming Thomas Wayne would be "a cheesy and tanned businessman who is more in the mold of a 1980s Donald Trump" made a mistake. Thomas Wayne is written as a strong and interesting character and does not resemble a cheesy Trump-like character at all. And for the record, with the film beginning principal photography in a few weeks, Baldwin's departure really is an unfortunate scheduling conflict and not related to any of this week's press coverage, for any fans tempted to jump to additional false conclusions.

We will have to wait and see how Thomas Wayne is written in this version. If Viggo Mortensen was originally offered the role, perhaps it is more of a serious character.

Mark Hughes at Forbes saying:

We will have to wait and see how Thomas Wayne is written in this version. If Viggo Mortensen was originally offered the role, perhaps it is more of a serious character.

How do we know that Trump himself didn't write that refutation?

Maybe he means "Donald Trump is a strong and interesting character and does not resemble a cheesy Trump-like character at all." :o

In that case, Thomas Wayne could resemble what Trump actually thinks he is, and not what the rest of the world and SNL think he is.

How do we know that Trump himself didn't write that refutation?

Maybe he means "Donald Trump is a strong and interesting character and does not resemble a cheesy Trump-like character at all." :o

In that case, Thomas Wayne could resemble what Trump actually thinks he is, and not what the rest of the world and SNL think he is.

:bbq:

The Thomas Wayne character still may end up a sleezy CEO type but he won't be a homage of eighties Trump but instead a serious take more akin to Gordon Gecko of Wall Street.

I'm skeptical he's gonna be the Thomas Wayne we know from other versions but him being based on Trump sounds the source was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"