Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockstar

Sidekick
Reaction score
Realistically, I'm not certain Justice League will actually happen at Warners.

Taking the incredibly optimistic perspective that it will, who would you cast in JL?

After the horrible choices on the SHH Mainpage, I'm anxious to see some good ones.

I'd go with:

Henry Cavill as Superman

First-Image-of-Henry-Cavill-as-Superman-in-Man-of-Steel.jpg

Wes Bentley as Batman

Wes_Bentley.jpg

Josh Jackson as Green Lantern

Joshua-Jackson..jpg

Scott Porter as Flash

scott_porter_335_fharrison_98898038_pix.jpg

Hayley Atwell as Wonder Woman

hayleyb.jpg

Liam McIntyre as Aquaman

Liam-McIntyre-32.jpg

Kevin Durand as Martian Manhunter

STARS_Kevin_Durand_Looking_Up_Jason_213-280-0834.jpg

Superman / Clark Kent: Henry Cavill.

Bruce Wayne / Batman: Ryan Gosling.

Wonder Woman: Eva Green.

Green Lantern / John Stewart: Will Smith.

Wally West / The Flash: John Kransinski.

Aquaman: Alexander Skarsgard.

WOW, A New Sub Forum.

Realistically, I'm not certain Justice League will actually happen at Warners.

Taking the incredibly optimistic perspective that it will, who would you cast in JL?

After the horrible choices on the SHH Mainpage, I'm anxious to see some good ones.
I was not sure that Watchmen and Green Lantern movie could ever happen either.

Last edited:
SUPERMAN : Henry Cavill / Brandon Routh.

(Please no other actors like DJ Cotrona or Joe Manganiello)

FLASH: Scott Porter/ Adam Brody.

Green Lantern: Ryan Reynolds.

WONDER WOMAN: Mary Elizabeth Winstead / Taylor Cole

BATMAN: Harmon Walsh.

Superman: Henry Cavill
hc518220189492546153843.jpg

Batman: Michael Fassbender
mfezskr.jpg

(that one's for you, Rockstar!:fhm:)

The Flash: Patrick Wilson
2157787.jpg

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan): Chris Pine
cpmq001.jpg

Wonder Woman: Cobie Smulders
cobiesmulders0.jpg

Whedon liked her for it, so that's good enough for me. Truth is, there aren't any other prominent actresses out there I like for WW at the moment. The only two that I could even imagine working for the role at all are Emily Blunt and maaaaybe Lynn Collins. But that's it. Unless Ms. Theron would like to try again with the whole hair dye/comic-book adaptation thing.

I might prefer Martian Manhunter to be a largely CGI character ala Davy Jones, performed by someone with a great voice, like Dennis Haysbert or Benedict Cumberbatch or someone.

Last edited:
I like flickchick's list

though I'd switch out pat for gosling

I dont have a cast list but if there not going with Cavill I think Matt Boomer would be a good fit for Superman.

I dont have a cast list but if there not going with Cavill I think Matt Boomer would be a good fit for Superman.
I'd prefer him for Batman, tbh. There's something naturally dark about him, imo.

He'd be great, but he wouldn't do it.

Good. Gosling would suck as a superhero.

But realistically, Fassbender (Magneto) and Pine (Captain Kirk) wouldn't do this either.

There's so much talent out there for these roles. There's really no need to cross-pollinate actors of big existing film franchises from the same genre. Especially if they're playing similar character archetypes.

It's really uninspired and lazy.

I wouldn't count on Cobie Smulders either, with Avengers 2 and more on the way.

I might prefer Martian Manhunter to be a largely CGI character ala Davy Jones, performed by someone with a great voice, like Dennis Haysbert or Benedict Cumberbatch or someone.

After seeing the CGI failures in Green Lantern, I'd rather they didn't.

All the aliens looked so cartoony.

I hope they use an actual actor with practical makeup effects.

Last edited:
fass and pine would totally do it after seeing the success of the avengers

I'd prefer him for Batman, tbh. There's something naturally dark about him, imo.
I could see that he can pull of nice suits in White Collar really well but Boomer and Cavill look like they could be brothers.

fass and pine would totally do it after seeing the success of the avengers

Not with Fox's X-Men First Class II and Paramount's Star Trek II on the horizon.

That wouldn't go over well for the studios.

Fassbender is becoming SHH's new 'Caviezel.' Suggested for everything. The only difference is he's already Magneto.

Hal Jordan is basically Captain Kirk with a power ring. It would be really lazy and dangerous for Chris Pine to play that character archetype again in another big budget film franchise.

The only thing I agree with is that Ryan Reynolds definitely needs to be recast and they shouldn't connect this to the 2011 film.

It all sounds so messy though and the thing to remember is the GA and how they will take it all in.

I could see that he can pull of nice suits in White Collar really well but Boomer and Cavill look like they could be brothers.
Yeah, with Bomer as the evil twin. :oldrazz:

Seriously though, he lacks the wholesomeness that makes Henry so perfect for Supes, imo. He can play a hero no problem, but it should be a hero with a dark side like Bats. Besides, Bruce and Clark always look like brothers in the comics, too. Bruce just looks like a darker version of Clark, just like Bomer.

Bomer doesn't have the look. He completely lacks the physicality for Superman.

He's short with a small frame.

matthew-matt-bomer-and-chuck-gallery.jpg

I really hope they do justice to the look of the characters this time. Justice League Mortal had some absolutely awful choices all around.

5'9 DJ Cotrona as Superman was the biggest headscratcher.

To be fair, Zach Levi, who he's shaking hands with there, is really tall (6'4"). Bomer's 5'11" which would be perfect for Batman opposite the 6'1" Henry Cavill. Just sayin'. :D

Levi is 6'4 wow he looks so willowy but agreed Flickchick Batman next to Cavills Superman would be good.

I was thinking that Levi could be Flash but hes huge he would make Superman look small.

To be fair, Zach Levi, who he's shaking hands with there, is really tall (6'4"). Bomer's 5'11" which would be perfect for Batman opposite the 6'1" Henry Cavill. Just sayin'. :D

For some size comparison:

matthew-matt-bomer-and-chuck-gallery.jpg

brandon-routh-chuck-daniel-shaw-january-18.jpg

Just saying.

While height isn't an issue for Batman casting, Bomer has none of the right qualities for Batman.

I've seen "White Collar." He can't pull off intimidating at all, nowhere near the level of Bale.

The only mannerisms I've seen him pull off are ones that could make for a decent Hal Jordan.... but even then, there are better choices.

I don't think audiences will be able to take him seriously after Magic Mike anyways. Same goes for the other guy.

Joe+Manganiello+Matthew+Bomer+Premiere+Relativity+wZUSL3ocvNDl.jpg

I'm surprised a subforum arose so quickly despite only being in the scripting process. Anywhoo,

Superman- Henry Cavill:

Henry-Cavill-8.jpg

Batman- Luke Evans/ Michael Fassbender:

luke-evans-image.jpg
Michael_Fassbender.jpg

Wonder Woman- Hayley Atwell:

600full-hayley-atwell.jpg

Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds/Chris Pine:

220px-RyanReynoldsApr09.jpg
images

Flash- Neil Patrick Harris:

neil_patrick_harris.jpg

Aquaman- Daniel Craig:

images

Martian Manhunter- Doug Jones:

images

Henry Cavill - Superman

scaled.php

Timothy Olyphant - Batman

Untitled-1-1.png

Lynn Collins - Wonder Woman

62235846.png

Anthony Mackie - Green Lantern

scaledphpserver263filename79892693.png

Aaron Paul - The Flash

Untitled-2-1.png

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau - Aquaman

Untitled-5-1.png

Javier Bardem - Martain Manhunter

Untitled-3-6.png

Superman - Henry Cavill

cavill2-1.jpg

Batman - Christian Bale

jlbatman.jpg

Wonder Woman - Jessica Biel

jlwonderwoman.jpg

Flash - Ryan Gosling

jlflash.jpg

Green Lantern - Common

16610596-16610599-large.jpg

Last edited:
I'm becoming more and more okay with the idea of Ryan Gosling as Batman.

Superman - Henry Cavill

cavill2-1.jpg

Batman - Christian Bale

jlbatman.jpg

Wonder Woman - Jessica Biel

jlwonderwoman.jpg

Flash - Ryan Gosling

jlflash.jpg

Green Lantern - Common

16610596-16610599-large.jpg

I think we need to splice off this thread and have a "do NOT cast" thread.

Jessica beil would be to Wonder Woman what Jessica Alba was to the invisible woman (a waste of a character) Wonder Woman is iconic enough to demand only the best for her character and DC / WB needs to approach it as such if they want the success they're looking for.

My vote: Hayley Atwell (or better if that's possible)

I don't like the idea of the same actor playing different comic book's characters.

Ok, it worked with Chris Evans, but I still don't like the idea.

Plus, I don't think Hayley Atwell is that wonderful, and comparing Jessica Biel as WW with Jessica Alba as Invisible woman is an exaggeration. Biel at least can look like the character.

I don't think she's the PERFECT choice, though. The perfect actress to play WW didn't have her breakthrough at the movies yet, I guess.

Gosling could be a great Batman as well, if they really couldn't work with Bale's Batman. Then, maybe Jake Gyllenhaal could play the Flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"