The MATRIX Appreciation Thread

CFE

The never-ending battle
Reaction score
Discuss the creation of the Wachowski Brothers; one of the most mind bending concepts of science fiction displayed through American Cinema (obviously paying homage to Japanese Science Fiction while giving it an American flavor).

matrix_neo.gif

matrix-neo-glasses.jpg

matrix-pod.jpg

2003_the_matrix_reloaded_940.jpg

CFE

Keanu looks asian in the second picture.

And yes, i know he's half asian.

The only reason people thought so highly of the first one was because of the special effects. You take those out and you have a mediocre movie.

in my top sci-fi movies ..... actually i think they just might be the top

The only reason people thought so highly of the first one was because of the special effects. You take those out and you have a mediocre movie.

the only reason people liked back to the future was because of the special effects, you take those out you have a mediocre film:huh::whatever:.

the only reason people liked back to the future was because of the special effects, you take those out you have a mediocre film:huh::whatever:.

What the hell are you talking about? Nobody liked Back to the Future for the special effects. They liked it for the story and characters.

What the hell are you talking about? Nobody liked Back to the Future for the special effects. They liked it for the story and characters.

and im sure people liked the matrix for its story and chracters also. which prettymuchmakes your first post moot.

I agree.

I liked the first Matrix but aside from great eye candy the other films were lame.

i think they were more than just eye candy...

it dove into alot of different religions... some in your face and others not.

really gets you thinking....

i love it.

and im sure people liked the matrix for its story and chracters also. which prettymuchmakes your first post moot.

I have a hard time believing anyone could like the characters in "The Matrix". Neo, Trinity and Morpheus had no personality. And the ones that did were killed early. As for the story, I can understand how some people could like it, but it was too damn bloated and full of itself for my taste. Most people liked the movie for its fancy special effects.

No they didn't, maybe you but not people i general. The Matrix films have been forgotten. They were horrendous movies with bad performances and ****ty dialog, the only thing worth while was the effects.

No they didn't, maybe you but not people i general. The Matrix films have been forgotten. They were horrendous movies with bad performances and ****ty dialog, the only thing worth while was the effects.

keep tellling yourself that..btw whats the title of this thread? yeah forgotten my ass:whatever:

I love all 3 Matrix films. Yes the first one is the best, but the other 2 are fun and thought provoking. I like them for their story and their awesome fight scenes. The Matrix is a great Trilogy that alot of people jumped onto the bandwagon of hating for no real reason at all.

The Matrix Trilogy will never be 'forgotten'.

I love all 3 Matrix films. Yes the first one is the best, but the other 2 are fun and thought provoking. I like them for their story and their awesome fight scenes. The Matrix is a great Trilogy that alot of people jumped onto the bandwagon of hating for no real reason at all.

The Matrix Trilogy will never be 'forgotten'.

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

i have advanced alien technology, this franchise WILL be forgotten

in 1000 years this movie (and the majority of films) will be forgotten, as with everything its only a matter of time

in 1000 years this movie (and the majority of films) will be forgotten, as with everything its only a matter of time

Woo! to Global Warming!!

Matrix is awesome...It's an appreciation thread you don't like it make an UN-appreciation thread...

See ya later Focker...:whatever:

The fist one was awesome. The second was meh. The third was bleh.

Seriously, I wanted to see Neo eff up the machines really good, and he didn't. The whole climax that the first movie alluded to never happened. Seriously, I want to know what the crap they were thinking when they wrote Matrix Revolutions.

Woo! to Global Warming!!

My post didn't really haev anything to do with global warming...

Matrix is awesome
In your opinion...

It's an appreciation thread:whatever:

Okay, consider me gone.

you don't like it make an UN-appreciation thread...

That's really not necessary but I'm sure if I did fans of the film wouldn't be as kinds as me to leave the thread and allow those who agree with the initial post to continue without being bashed for not sharing a popular opinion.

See ya later Focker...:whatever:

Bye bye:yay:

My post didn't really haev anything to do with global warming...

In your opinion...

Okay, consider me gone.

That's really not necessary but I'm sure if I did fans of the film wouldn't be as kinds as me to leave the thread and allow those who agree with the initial post to continue without being bashed for not sharing a popular opinion.

Bye bye:yay:
1.Did i say it did?:huh:

2. No it's a fact:whatever:

3.Okay well then that's your problem so don't bring your negative views here then...

23213103.jpg

See ya!:oldrazz::yay:

I think the matrix films had some brilliantly planned out and scripted themes that a lot of writing uses but it used them in different ways. However the story becomes so driven by the themes without anything really appealing to the outside public in it other than sci-fi thrills and well-incorporated special effects. Yes there is a lot BEHIND the story, but nowadays the style used to present these themes can seem crude and outdated. Whether you like the Matrix comes down to whether you like to really dwelve into your stories and you don't need appealing characters to do so, or whether you constantly need something vibrant to keep yourself interested. It's opinion, basically, so stop having flame wars and just get over yourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"