The Science Fiction Appreciation Thread

The other day I made a gif from Ghost in the Shell to use as my avatar.............some day

I've heard a lot of good things about Akira but am rather opposed to anime in general. What do you like/recommend about it?

Very solid animation coupled with a very strong, psychologically driven story with philosophical themes. It also blends a lot of top notch action scenes with all that. I almost want to say it's what 2001 would have been if Kubrick had decided to make it an action movie, if that makes any sense at all

Very solid animation coupled with a very strong, psychologically driven story with philosophical themes. It also blends a lot of top notch action scenes with all that
..and the soundtrack is teh awes0me too -- to me, at least.

I almost want to say it's what 2001 would have been if Kubrick had decided to make it an action movie, if that makes any sense at all
..ehhhh I don't know

[A];18114931 said:
..and the soundtrack is teh awes0me too -- to me, at least.

True

..ehhhh I don't know

Well, I don't know, I was trying to explain it to relation to something else he might know. It's all I could really think of at the time :csad:

I knew what you meant :oldrazz: but it's hard to see Kubrick doing action :hehe: Evangelion also has a lot of that psychologically driven story...factor....thing...

[A];18114976 said:
Evangelion also has a lot of that psychologically driven story...factor....thing...

True, but that delves into outright insanity after awhile :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"