The MATRIX Appreciation Thread

I'm one of the very few who appreciate the trilogy than just the original :csad:

This trilogy should've have been one of the best ever. But in reality we got one great movie (The Matrix) one decent-ish (Reloaded) and the final movie was just atrocious.

To be honest, I dont want to be a Grinch here, but I recently rewatched the trilogy for the first time since , more or less, the time of their original release and I have to say Im shocked as to how much better I remembered them to be.

I think the trilogy as a whole is excellent and gets better each time I watch it, every few years. Though there are quite a few scenes that show their age.

Reloaded was like information desensitization, first time I saw it in theaters, but now it's a great ride. Always enjoyed Revolutions.

The best thing about the sequels was the Animatrix.

Watching the 2nd Renaissance is still a powerful experience for me.

I never understood why people hate Revolutions so much. I though it was great. Now, I do think the Frenchmen subplot w/ Neo trapped couldve been dropped, but it was perfectly fine otherwise.

Ahh I always forget about that fight scene with Morpheus Trinity and Seraph, when they storm the Merovingian's club. A pleasant surprise in Revolutions, one of the only fights in a similar vein of the first two movies.

I think people dislike the long, drawn out Zion battle scene with characters nobody cared about.

Then you had Neo seemingly selling out to the machines rendering the first and best Matrix film pointless.

In fact, the entire plot didn't give a clear motivation for the audience to root for. So people only watched it just out of obligation to finish the series. At least the people who didn't bail after Reloaded.

Anyone want any Matrix moments turned into gifs or avatars? PM me with any requests. Please be as specific as possible.

I still really like Reloaded despite it getting up its own butt. Revolutions though...one of the very few films in my 30 year moving life that actually made me legitimately pissed off.

They used some of this guy's stuff for that video...

Oh how I love the Matrix. It blew my tiny mind.

The sequels still suck though.

Reactions: CJ
Sandra Bullock was offered the role of Neo before Keanu was. Mind blown.

https://news.avclub.com/let-us-contemplate-a-reality-in-which-sandra-bullock-pl-1833625423
giphy.gif

So Keanu was pretty much the last choice and it worked out for the best really.

Thats what you call fate, or was it choice, The Oracle would know this I swear to god.

Anyway loved the first two movies, the 3rd was a little "eh" but at the time it was massive and blew peoples minds, especially the first, not sure there's been anything quite like it since, the timing of it as well in 1999 was perfect going into a new century when nobody knew what would happen next.

:funny: That Wilhelm Schmidt video. Pretty funny about Kilmer as Morpheus too.

I don't even hate Wild Wild West though. *Dives for cover* :yay: It's lame, but it is what it is. Pretty bland light fun, it's inoffensive enough.

Hadn't heard about Bullock being offered Neo either. Guess it would have fit in with her Hackers character. :oldrazz: Might have worked, she'd fit it better than Big Willie Stylez anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"