• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Homecoming The Next Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen Teen Wolf but from what I have heard he's the comic relief on the show. Maze Runner was actually pretty good, but he was much more dour in it than how I imagine Spider-Man. Its much different than usual YA fare. Not much exposition, zero sexual or romantic tension, the action and thrills start right off the bat. Its a real genre movie rather than a teen soap with genre trappings.

You must have missed the entire romantic subtext with Dylan and the maze. The maze literally started an exposition on how "it's ok to be yourself if you're pretty and rich so go out there and run from me because drugs are bad"

My personal rule on judging the quality of media is to place it into two baskets, if Vince Gilligan, James Cameron, Chris Nolan, Bryan Cranston or Michael Fassbender are involved, then it's good and worth watching. If it's not kill off the lead and subsequently, cast Bryan Cranston as the new lead, thus bringing us back to basket one. If this is not possible, then more fancasting must continue, until Eventually Bryan cranstans offspring are castable, and the cycle must then recommence.

If fassy is involved it must be a social justice film and he must give a monologue.

That's why my dream core is Nolan to direct, Gilligan and Cameron to produce, Cranston Jnr as Peter, Cranston as Ben, Cranston as Harry, Fassbender as MJ

All other fancasts are objectively inferior to mine

Oh God, please... No more hipster Peter.

Do you even hipster bro?

This is what hipster looks like these days

db46b4a6fc4654651f0ff4a1267767bd.jpg

Lol, I must say your gif is perfect for Vincent Martella ... :oldrazz:

Thanks. :woot:

I'd rather have this:

vincent_martella_2011_06_17.jpg

Then this:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_output_s3l0fu.gif

It's bad enough he has a huge tumblr fandom where every girl is thinking he's "so cute".

I think even more than Garfield, TBCH.

It's been about 3 days and people have latched on to the guy from teen wolf (literally one of the only things worse than twilight) and maze runner, the latest YA movie be yourself tumblr fest.

Why? Because he said he wanted to be spider-man

You know who else wants to be spider-man? Bryan Cranston, but nobody will consider him just because he's "old"

:up::up::up:

All of this.

I like Logan's look.

Mixes modern trend with classic 60's Peter Parker style :p

You have this odd obsession with a "good looking" Spidey. :huh:

What if I'm just countering your Vincent Martella obsession.

You know what I think we are at war at this point. A Civil War. Team "Tall and good looking"(Garfield, O'Brien) vs Team "Short and average looking"(Maguire, Martella). It's on now.

What if I'm just countering your Vincent Martella obsession.

You know what I think we are at war at this point. A Civil War. Team "Tall and good looking"(Garfield, O'Brien) vs Team "Short and average looking"(Maguire, Martella). It's on now.
Team Logan is in the middle of all this conflict

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no one mentioned so far will be cast as the character. That's how it usually goes. :hehe:

Apart from Benadryl Cucumber

Also if we mention every male actor between 16 and 30 with some variation of brown hair, then someone will be able claim they correctly predicted it.

My lastest punt after seeing X + Y trailer, is Asa Butterfield, I mentioned him in sequel board, but that was more just thinking of a teenage actor. Now after seeing the trailer and Enders Game he seems like a top talent.

Is this not a hipster look?

-4cc4a2e2-9f5d-4433-814b-dbe78460d9b7.jpg

That's kind of a hipster look from like 3 years ago, these hipsters must constantly evolve, right now it definitely is big beards, tattoos, shaved sides of the head with longer on top.

Is this not a hipster look?

-4cc4a2e2-9f5d-4433-814b-dbe78460d9b7.jpg

I would say no, at least not exclusively. Lerman and O'Brien look simply like guys in glasses and sweaters. I am also wearing glasses and a sweater, but I don't see well and its December in New England, so....

That's kind of a hipster look from like 3 years ago, these hipsters must constantly evolve, right now it definitely is big beards, tattoos, shaved sides of the head with longer on top.
When I said hipster, I'm talking very generally. Not 2014 December hipster, I'm not that heavily invested in the trends to know or care about the difference. Like saying someone is punk, then being told that's 2 years ago "punk". I don't care how current it is, it's punk to me.

Is that from the lying Reddit dude?

Because it's way too early to be hearing about Spidey's casting.

As of now, I wouldn't call him a liar. I think it's too early to judge whether he's lying or not.

When I said hipster, I'm talking very generally. Not 2014 December hipster, I'm not that heavily invested in the trends to know or care about the difference. Like saying someone is punk, then being told that's 2 years ago "punk". I don't care how current it is, it's punk to me.

Well the difference is what is designated 'hipster' changes all the time, it isn't like punk or goth etc, as soon as lots of people start wearing it it isn't hipster. And some other thing becomes 'hipster'

Are people seriously still saying this hipster ****?

They look like modern day people.

People need to stop calling people hipsters, by the way. Seriously.

There's nothing wrong with being conscious of what one wears, being culturally involved/interested, and having, well, dare I say; actually good taste.

People need to stop calling people hipsters, by the way. Seriously.

There's nothing wrong with being conscious of what one wears, being culturally involved/interested, and having, well, dare I say; actually good taste.

Can't tell if you're being serious. Because that isn't what hipster is, but it is what a hipster would say of themselves.

The Hipster Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"