The "Nuff Said" Marvel Universe RPG: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

I feel like it's just the climate of the boards now, BM. Activity always dropped off during summer, and people aren't nearly as dedicated as we were for that year and a half to two years.
OE and UDC are chugging along. Maybe not at the frenetic pace we once knew, but they don't show signs of stopping. I think there's just enough activity to keep old games running but not enough activity to get new games off the ground.

OE and UDC are chugging along. Maybe not at the frenetic pace we once knew, but they don't show signs of stopping. I think there's just enough activity to keep old games running but not enough activity to get new games off the ground.
OE? I feel like that's a new(er) one. Doesn't sound familiar to me.

I'm still game. I've been out of the town the last couple of days so I haven't had time to write but I can have a post up tomorrow provided that the game isn't dead.

Okay, why the **** is there an RPG not in the RPG section?!

Is it active? Is it even still alive?

It was moved because someone wouldn't stop *****ing about it being moved to the comics section, they thought it would get more interest in the game. Obviously, being away from the rest of the RPGs hurt it. The game is limping along, slowly... I guess. **** if I know it'll get better. Probably won't. You sons of *****es.

What a stupid ****ing idea. Surely if someone was interested in playing an RPG... they'd look in the uh ...RPG section?

Anyway, what's going on in the game? Anything big?

The idea was that the RPG section is minimum exposure at best. You wonder how many Hypers even know it exists.

Alright, well, obviously if this game is to be saved, the GM of it should probably step up and stop being a lazy ****. And since it'd probably help ease off some of the tension in this thread to start rerouting our energies towards posting in said game rather than fighting about not posting in said game, here's my attempt to get things steered in the right direction again.

Dropping Daredevil. I hate to, on one hand, but I really wasn't getting anywhere with him. In his place, hopefully spurning me quickly into some interaction...

The "Nuff' Said" Marvel Universe Application

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Iron Man/Anthony 'Tony' Stark

Brief History (provide at least two sentences): Billionaire playboy Tony Stark cared about little of anything but himself, prefering wine and girls to the pursuits of his company's business practices. Which is why when he was offered the military's contract as the premiere supplier of weapons and technology, Stark thought nothing of it, particularly uninterested in where his investments went when they weren't being spent on bedding supermodels. That decision would soon come to play a part in a much larger step in his future, as one day - when he was overseeing a delivery to troops in Afghanistan - his convoy was attacked and one of his own missiles were caught in the crossfire, critically wounding Stark by sending shrapnel directly into his chest. Captured and forced to build the ultimate weapon for a gang of terrorists, Tony was determined not to die in captivity and used his innate knowledge of robotics to create a suit of armor to help save his life, and help him escape at the same time.

Realizing there was more to the world than his own ego, Tony refined the armor and modified it to help protect the world from the very same type of war mongers and terrorists that he very nearly became himself. Operating under the cover as his own bodyguard, Tony secretly became the Armored Avenger known to all as The Invincible Iron Man.

Along the way, he has been everything from a founding member of The Avengers to a deadbeat alcoholic that very nearly let his demons possess him enough to render him inadequete as a hero, making plenty of enemies along the way, such as Crimson Dynamo, Madame Masque, and The Mandarin. But through time and time again, Tony has risen above it all and worked to make himself better, tinkering with his destiny just as much as one of his prized suits of armor. He himself, as he would put it, is a work in progress.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Avengers, New Avengers, Stark Industries, Stark Resilient. Formerly holding ties with SHIELD and the Department of Defense.

Explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character: Iron Man's one of my top Marvel characters, but for the last few years, he's been kind of stuck in a rut in the comics where he's been so focused with looking ahead of himself that he doesn't take the time to take a look at the present. I want to change that, and have Tony confront some major issues with his own life - his mortality, his allies, his relationships, even his tech and how it could be better put to use. If he hit rock bottom years ago, then I'm going with the idea that he's been climbing from that pit ever since, and that as he nears the top... he needs to go through some trials first.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: [email protected]

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character:

151462312invim501cvr.jpg

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Call me a futurist. Call me a gambling man. Call me an *******. Call me anything, really, I've heard it all plenty of times before to stop caring. But the one thing that still grinds my gears, so to speak, is when I'm called a hunk of junk. My armor - my multi-billion dollar hotrod with some personal tweaks and polished whistles - getting verbally downgraded to scrap. Especially when it's coming from such an unsavory fellow as The Wrecker, whose claim to fame has primarily consisted of sticking with the exact same ridiculous tailor-made-to-unimpress look for the better part of a decade. I mean, for one thing, really? We're really going there. I was voted Time Magazine's Man of the Year four times for my rather unique sense of fashion alone. He'd be lucky to get a mention in the Enquirer.

But then, maybe I'm getting a little too distracted. I've been accused of doing that before.

"Hold still, tincan!"

The one named Piledriver - at least, I think that's his name, it's really hard to keep track anymore - leaps at me with those glorified boxing gloves held high as I hover in the air just behind Steve and Wade. I was waiting for the Captain to take his charge before I did anything rash, but as usual, it's time for me to help step up and make the first move. And the children wonder why we fight.

"Devert all power to arclight."

Defenses Temporarily Disabled
Rerouting Complete

"And people keep telling me technology hasn't caught up..."

With the power momentarily lost to all flight capabilities, the soles of my boots hit the ground with that hard, annoying vibrationally based thud that only a giant metal suit of armor can make. All I can think is that it's music to my ears, as the proton unibeam powers up and glows bright enough to partially blind my oncoming attacker.

"Stun."

VZZZZZ!

A flash of light and he effortlessly falls to the ground, his entire body steaming like an overdone steak. I just gave him the equvilent of a micro sunburn. He rolls over and weakly coughs, audibly groaning and sounding like a young me just after a night's bender. I tap the side of my gauntlet and feel the power diversion's process start to become reversed manually, rewiring itself and channeling energy back into the suit proper. I rise off of the ground and hover once again, floating over to Steve's side.

"One bag of the trash taken out. Should I leave you with the others?"

I see a hint of annoyance in Steve's eyes as he picks up his sheild and advances on them. Undeneath the helmet, I flash a grin. He was never a fan of my competitive spirit.

"Right. I'll try and go easy on the rest of them."

Is the roster up to date?

And as before, what is happening IC?

The only folks that I'd say are still on the roster are Wrecker, Doom, Deadpool, Moon Knight, Cage, Cap, Giant Man, Iron Fist, and maybe Black Knight.

Far as what's going on IC, the biggest thing going on right now is a fight between the Wrecking Crew and Cap, Deadpool, and Iron Man.

Great call on the IM APP Batman!

Alright, we've hit a bit of a snag in the activity wheel, so what would everyone think of jumping ship from the Marvel boards and moving back to the RPG section, where we can focus on nursing the game back to health? We haven't gained any new members since the move, and as it was pointed out to me, it's probably for a reason.

hello all was just wondering if ghost rider was taken i didint see that he was but just wanted to make sure before i take the time to post a submission

Alright, with nobody arguing against it, we're heading back home... at least, to the RPG boards again. Hopefully this'll spurn on a little bit more activity.

Also, I went ahead and made Byrd an AGM. We're a little understaffed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"